Best TV shows or movies you can recommend (8 Viewers)

CCFCSteve

Slightly late to the party but we've started watching Dopesick. It was only by chance as the thing we planned to watch was shit but glad we did. I didn't know the full story but only three episodes in and it's terrifying what they've got away with so far. Having been prescribed painkillers for the first time in my life this week though it's unfortunate timing

Snap. I only noticed it as it rang a bell from comments on here when it was on a paid channel ages ago (thanks again SBT)

Great programme albeit frightening, upsetting and infuriating in equal measures. Agree with Otis comments, Keaton and Dever were brilliant, as were several others

Otis

Okay, not TV, but....

For Inside No. 9 fans... Stage show at the Wyndham Theatre, London, for a limited time only

Mid Jan - April 4th next year. Starring Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith, themselves.

Just booked a couple of tickets now.

Screenshot_2024-05-13-21-18-05-44_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

chiefdave

Okay, not TV, but....

For Inside No. 9 fans... Stage show at the Wyndham Theatre, London, for a limited time only

Mid Jan - April 4th next year. Starring Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith, themselves.

View attachment 35676
got my tickets. it opens the day before my birthday which is a good excuse to go

thought the train episode this week was absolute genius. we're at a point where you know a twist is coming, you're looking for what it could possibly be and they still shock you

nicksar

It's a fabulous show and Michael Keaton is bloody brilliant in it, so too, Kaitlyn Dever.
I watched Dopesick on Disney a good while ago and it's really good but Painkiller on Netflix covers the same story and imo is better and well worth a watchl

Otis

I watched Dopesick on Disney a good while ago and it's really good but Painkiller on Netflix covers the same story and imo is better and well worth a watchl
Okay, that's interesting. Dopesick came out first. I haven't watched Painkiller BECAUSE I already knew the story from Dopesick.

I may watch it in time, but the story is still all too familiar to me at the moment.

chiefdave

Okay, that's interesting. Dopesick came out first. I haven't watched Painkiller BECAUSE I already knew the story from Dopesick.

I may watch it in time, but the story is still all too familiar to me at the moment.
I watched them pretty much back to back. Don't think it matters too much that you know the general story. Painkiller is def worth a watch.

JAM See

Finished Dopesick last night, fantastic. I'd be interested in Painkiller as well but I need something a bit more cheery to watch before I embark on another soulless pharma scumbag expose.
Give Red Eye a go on ITVX.

Absolute nonsense, but flies by (pun very much intended).

Otis

Tried to watch "dark matter" but just can't get into it.
I am watching it too. Problem for me is, it's very derivative and so soon after Constellation, it's a bit like an extension of that.

Also, even though I do think he is a very good actor, I think Joel Edgerton is completely miscast in this. Just can't sympathise with or associate with, or root for his character at all.

Still enjoying it, but it's got no wow factor for me at all I'm sorry to say.

ProfessorbyGrace

Anyone watched the Walking Dead spin-offs yet? I know there are loads, but primarily Dead City and TWD: Darryl Dixon.

shmmeee

Just started Pantheon. Not sure what it’s on I’m watching a dodgy copy. Sort of western anime about artificial intelligence. Kinda enjoying it but not sure if because I’m into AI and also anime or if cos its any good.

Bertola

Lovely. Have done S1 in 2 days, and a couple into S2.

The wife is away this weekend too so as soon as the kids are in bed, I can crack on

JAM See

Lovely. Have done S1 in 2 days, and a couple into S2.

The wife is away this weekend too so as soon as the kids are in bed, I can crack on
I love how they throw around the C word.

The yoot probably don't find it edgy, but as a 57 year old CIS male, who thinks Gazelles and 501s are the height of fashion, I love it.

eyesee

Okay, not TV, but....

View attachment 35676
we've got tickets for this. fantastic prog, so expect the stage version to be good as well.
saw league of gentlemen live back in the day, and that was brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread