Running (4 Viewers)

Great_Expectations

Good luck for Sunday. Is that a road half? I've heard the marathon is fast and flat but don't know about the half

Thanks! It’s a road half but I’ve no idea on elevation or route details yet. It was voted one of the best in the UK, so I thought I’d give it a go!

The marathon is in October and if Sunday is a nice course I might be tempted to sign up!

Travs

Thanks 👍 I'll no doubt keep doing them but for the rest of this year just gonna enjoy the shorter stuff. Next up 4x4km team relay event 🙂

Love relays.

Its great beating other clubs, but pitting your wits against your clubmates even better!

Particularly like the cross country for the very same reason, when we get 20-30 lads all in the same race.

DawlishSkyBlue

Love relays.

Its great beating other clubs, but pitting your wits against your clubmates even better!

Particularly like the cross country for the very same reason, when we get 20-30 lads all in the same race.
Really looking forward to it. We have 5 teams entered, with our team expected to go the best. I'm in a mixed team of male 32, female 32, female 23, and me at 49 bumping the average age up 😅. We're hoping to go under 57 minutes.... me and the two girls are fairly similar pace over short stuff and hope to do our legs under 15 mins but the lad running the first leg can do 5k under 15.30 so thinking he may be around 12 minutes!

Great_Expectations

Ive managed run 0.35 miles since the Cov Half, fucked my ankle up and it's needed to be complete rest for nearly 3 weeks now.

Is anyone planning to do the Sphinx 5 mile event at the Memorial Park in June? Im hoping to be alright for that.

I haven’t done it before, but if I can get childcare sorted I might give it a go!

Assuming non-affiliated random runners like me can take part and it isn’t part of any official club league run stuff?!

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I haven’t done it before, but if I can get childcare sorted I might give it a go!

Assuming non-affiliated random runners like me can take part and it isn’t part of any official club league run stuff?!
I'm not affiliated with any club so yeah you can sign up, it just attracts a slightly higher fee. I'm assuming spaces are still available so give it a go if you can make it work!

Users who are viewing this thread