Things that annoy you (10 Viewers)

OffenhamSkyBlue

Baking to death in direct sunlight/29 degree heat on the A465, behind a construction vehicle doing 14mph in a 40 zone for 4 miles (there was literally 40 cars behind him), and then finding the M4 rammed like a fajita later on. I was ready to pull someone’s head off by the time I got home.

I’m going the nice way to Merthyr Tydfil from now on, over the Brecon Beacons. ⛰️⛰️⛰️
The Heads of the Valleys road (A465) is a disaster zone from start to finish. Even the bit they finished before the EU money dried up has a 50 limit on a perfectly good, virtually empty, two-lane dual carriageway, for some bizarre reason (at least it isn't in the Welsh blanket 20 zone). And the bit they haven't finished around Brynmawr is like the surface of the f*cking moon!! I think they must have appointed the same contractor as the one supposedly "working" on the Stoneleigh junction! Clowns!

ProfessorbyGrace

The Heads of the Valleys road (A465) is a disaster zone from start to finish. Even the bit they finished before the EU money dried up has a 50 limit on a perfectly good, virtually empty, two-lane dual carriageway, for some bizarre reason (at least it isn't in the Welsh blanket 20 zone). And the bit they haven't finished around Brynmawr is like the surface of the f*cking moon!! I think they must have appointed the same contractor as the one supposedly "working" on the Stoneleigh junction! Clowns!
Absolutely, mate, it’s a joke from Brynmawr to Hirwaun - I left Brynmawr in 2013, that’s when they started this magical adventure with the A465. 🤣

Didn’t realise they blew the EU money so quickly, but then, that explains a heck of a lot. Especially the detritus between Dowlais Top and Hirwaun itself.

Flying Fokker

Absolutely, mate, it’s a joke from Brynmawr to Hirwaun - I left Brynmawr in 2013, that’s when they started this magical adventure with the A465. 🤣

Didn’t realise they blew the EU money so quickly, but then, that explains a heck of a lot. Especially the detritus between Dowlais Top and Hirwaun itself.
This is like a screen-write from a futuristic film.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Some scum around , someone stole a bottle of beer that my brother put on my dad’s grave for his birthday . I’m tempted to by a half bottle of whisky and piss in it and leave it up there

Brighton Sky Blue

Mortgage interest rates. Our payments were due to go up by £650 a month on the standard rate, managed to renew a fixed term for an extra £250 a month.

Many thanks to the Tories…

Robinshio

Mortgage interest rates. Our payments were due to go up by £650 a month on the standard rate, managed to renew a fixed term for an extra £250 a month.

Many thanks to the Tories…

1975 (as far back as i looked) to 2008 B of E rate never went below 4.5% so the rate today of 5.25% is in fact low - Be careful if tying into long fixed terms now however , as rates should begin to come down a little at the end of the summer

ovduk78

We have gone in for another 5 year fixed term. Need the certainty
Excuse my ignorance on how mortgages currently work but what happened to getting a mortgage for 25 years like I did when I bought my first 2 houses in 1985 & 1988? Then the only choice I think was an endowment or a repayment mortgage. It just seems crazy to me that houses are now bought by taking out multiple short term mortgages (unless you can still do that but people choose not to!)

Skybluekyle

Excuse my ignorance on how mortgages currently work but what happened to getting a mortgage for 25 years like I did when I bought my first 2 houses in 1985 & 1988? Then the only choice I think was an endowment or a repayment mortgage. It just seems crazy to me that houses are now bought by taking out multiple short term mortgages (unless you can still do that but people choose not to!)
This is the term/length of the mortgage, which theses days can go up to 40 years, but the rate of interest payable can change during the term of the mortgage, usually the interest payable will have an introductory period with a favourable interest rate (usually a few years)

jimmyhillsfanclub

Are offset mortgages still a thing?

I smashed the fuck out of my first mortgage using one of them beauties combined with an interest free credit card to pay half the deposit.......piece of piss.....😎🎣

Brighton Sky Blue

We have a 25 year mortgage. The fixed terms I’m on about here are about the interest rates.

ovduk78

This is the term/length of the mortgage, which theses days can go up to 40 years, but the rate of interest payable can change during the term of the mortgage, usually the interest payable will have an introductory period with a favourable interest rate (usually a few years)
The rate of interest could change with my first couple of mortgages and did quite a few times (black Wednesday anybody when it went up from something like 10% to 15% in 1 day!!). The interest rates were commonly around 8% and never as low as 4-5%. And you could change lenders during a mortgage life and many did for better rates or shorter terms. Do current homebuyers get a 20-40 year mortgage with an initial 2-3 year period under a fixed rate and change at the end of that period hoping to get a better rate for the next 2-3 years and the life term of the mortgage reduces each time?

Brighton Sky Blue

So every time the fixed term rate ends you potentially move to a different lender?
There were a few choices:

1. Move on to the standard variable rate, which was far too expensive.

2. Agree a new fixed term rate.

3. Extend the term of the mortgage to reduce monthly payments but end up paying more in interest overall.

4. Switch provider.

OffenhamSkyBlue

We currently have a 16 year mortgage whose end coincides with my state pension age. We took out a TEN year fix at the beginning. It was a bit over the odds compared to shorter fixes available at the time (3.65%), but we wanted the certainty of being able to afford it in ten years' time just as well as we could at the start (slightly risk-averse, similar to what Brighton has chosen to do). We are now so glad we did that, as it has possibly saved our bacon. Hopefully when the fixed rate ends, we will have enough in savings (mostly from an inheritance) to pay off the balance several years early, and possibly be able to afford to retire early too.

ProfessorbyGrace

Strange football fans (usually, those who have only heard of players like Maldini and Maradona from FIFA Legends or whatever it’s called), who refer to genuinely legendary players as ‘underrated’.

Example, some git who’s emotionally-charged after a YouTube short with dramatic music, saying that Seedorf is ‘so underrated’ yet, in reality, he’s one of greatest midfielders of his generation and recognised universally as such.

I don’t get it, and it really bugs me. 🤣

fernandopartridge

We currently have a 16 year mortgage whose end coincides with my state pension age. We took out a TEN year fix at the beginning. It was a bit over the odds compared to shorter fixes available at the time (3.65%), but we wanted the certainty of being able to afford it in ten years' time just as well as we could at the start (slightly risk-averse, similar to what Brighton has chosen to do). We are now so glad we did that, as it has possibly saved our bacon. Hopefully when the fixed rate ends, we will have enough in savings (mostly from an inheritance) to pay off the balance several years early, and possibly be able to afford to retire early too.
This is supposed to be things that annoy you, not a gloat

Nick

Administrator
Are offset mortgages still a thing?

I smashed the fuck out of my first mortgage using one of them beauties combined with an interest free credit card to pay half the deposit.......piece of piss.....😎🎣
I didn't even know you could use a card for deposit? Mine have always wanted proof I have it.

ccfc922

The fact you can deposit a 5er into Sky Bet, but minimum withdrawal is a 10er.

Surely that goes against their half hearted "safer" gambling ideology.

ccfc922

If such companies cared about ‘safe’ gambling they’d cap the maximum wager to £5 a day for all users

I get what you're saying, but say you're like I fancy putting a 5er on xyz and deposit, then you "take time to think", then you change your mind, you can't withdraw it. So you're forced to try and turn it into a 10er.

Users who are viewing this thread