Trump is my favourite comedian of the year already (6 Viewers)

skybluetony176

Which is absolutely insane.

The guy is a fraud, a crook, a rapist, a misogynist, racist and a liar.

It's unbelievable that he gains so much traction.

I really wish there was a decent candidate to go up against him, because they would surely wipe the floor with him.

What a horrible person he truly is.
I don’t think it’s a case of him gaining votes Otis. From what I’ve read Biden is losing votes with the younger generation over Israel/Gaza. No indication that the votes are going to Trump, just Biden is losing young voters.

Otis

I don’t think it’s a case of him gaining votes Otis. From what I’ve read Biden is losing votes with the younger generation over Israel/Gaza. No indication that the votes are going to Trump, just Biden is losing young voters.
Okay. That makes sense.

Surely Trump's stance is the same though isn't it?

skybluetony176

Okay. That makes sense.

Surely Trump's stance is the same though isn't it?
Hard to say. The difference is I guess Trump has a loyalty base based on empty rhetoric, the people who are going to vote for him are going to vote for him. The votes Biden needs are from voters capable of independent thinking based on the evidence of their own eyes rather than just toe the line regardless of the evidence of their own eyes. Don’t think this is a case of swapping votes, more a case of can’t vote Trump but can’t vote for Biden either based on his Israel/Gaza stance.

shmmeee

Not forgetting the walking out on Afganistán with no proper dialogue or planning with allies. The economy over there has been doing unbelievably well in terms of GDP/on the surface but inflation has been and remains high, there’s been a huge influx of migration that has kept the poorest wages suppressed (although has probably helped jobs market from overheating), massive amounts of government borrowing (which is now out of control - trump was also bad) and to buy a new home you need to take out a 7-7.5% mortgage on properties where prices have gone through the roof.

There are major cracks forming and he’s got to hope it holds together until the election. If unemployment starts to rise it could be the straw that broke the camel (publics) back

Trump would be a disaster for democracy

Where are you getting these economic facts from?

Wages for the lowest paid are rising faster than any other group:

Inflation is at 3.4% which is fairly normal for developed economies right now.

House prices are high like all the anglophone nations, but the US economy generally is in a much better place than most developed economies post covid.

CCFCSteve

Where are you getting these economic facts from?

Wages for the lowest paid are rising faster than any other group:

Inflation is at 3.4% which is fairly normal for developed economies right now.

House prices are high like all the anglophone nations, but the US economy generally is in a much better place than most developed economies post covid.

The article highlights the fact that they still don’t earn enough to meet basic needs and in such a tight/hot labour market wages should’ve therefore risen even higher but haven’t. I probably worded my post wrong in that respect and shouldn’t have just said poorest. It’s worth bearing in mind though that there’s a massive discrepancy amongst states in the US which would’ve skewed the overall figures and federal mandated mIn wage hasn’t changed in years

The above and your article is based on CPI inflation but in reality the poorest/lower income earners get hit by certain elements of inflation a lot harder ie food, shelter etc. These have been running very high and food in particular has only just started to cool a bit in the recent months. In addition true inflation numbers likely far exceed CPI. In the last 3-4 years the compounded inflation is estimated around 25% (truflation)

Biden has obviously done a lot more to try to help working people than trump would but due to inflation many aren’t seeing or feeling it and the ‘real terms’ increase probably just hasn’t been reflected by the reality. For an economy that has performed so well on the surface and considering the level of government expenditure, he should be pissing it in the polls but he’s not. That suggests there’s a disconnect somewhere

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread