£20,000 raised? (1 Viewer)

ecky

Heard this morning £20,000 was raised for charity by all those who attended the Ricoh.

Firstly, well done to all those who went. :claping hands:

I thought it would have been more considering how many were there Sunday?

jimmyhillsfanclub

Interesting that with no "official" attendance figure & what appears a relatively low take for the charity......

...If a certain Mayfair based financial co. had been in anyway involved, can you imagine the accusations that would be flying on here now??

just saying......

blueflint

Interesting that with no "official" attendance figure & what appears a relatively low take for the charity......

...If a certain Mayfair based financial co. had been in anyway involved, can you imagine the accusations that would be flying on here now??

just saying......

always one to spoil things and mention SISU or a related company

ecky

seems odd i paid cash £5 and was given a ticket on the day at the turnstile?
everyone who went had a ticket surely they had a record of how many tickets were sold?

Was it £5 for everyone?

jimmyhillsfanclub

always one to spoil things and mention SISU or a related company

I know.....but in the interest of balance (and a spot of fishing) I thought I'd mention it....

...Last sunday, everyone on here was adamant that the attendance at the Ricoh was nearer 10,000 than the 5,000 since quoted......yet at the same time, were also adamant that the Sixfields attendance was 3 blokes & a dog...

Grappa

Only profits were going to go to charity. If 5000 attended at £5 a go, that's £25k total so £20k to charity seems pretty good imo.

christonabike

Say 7000 were there. £5 a ticket for 4000 = £20 000
£3 a ticket for 3000 = £9 000
£5 to park for 600 cars = £3 000 Total as a ball park figure £32 000 take away cost of tickets being printed, public liability insurance, costs paid to the visiting team players (we cant expect them to travel and be out of pocket), cost of the kit etc and any real costs i.e electricity, cleaning up etc its not a bad figure in reality.:guitar2:

wes_cov

Without knowing what costs were incurred there is no way to make any sort of accusations or snide remarks IMHO but at £5 adults and £3 for kids (there was a large turn out of kids) i think its safe to say its a good result for charity.

Noggin

I know.....but in the interest of balance (and a spot of fishing) I thought I'd mention it....

...Last sunday, everyone on here was adamant that the attendance at the Ricoh was nearer 10,000 than the 5,000 since quoted......yet at the same time, were also adamant that the Sixfields attendance was 3 blokes & a dog...

There could easily have been 7 or 8k people there and there only be 20k left over after costs. There were alot of kids there who will have paid less and presumably costs are pretty significant. How many police and stewards do you have to pay for a 7k attendance? and there is electricity and wages of ticket sale staff and the cut taken by theticketfactory.

Also how much is 20k? is it actually 20k? or is somewhere between 17k and 24k?

RFC

You have to deduct 'costs' of staging the event etc. etc.!
Wonder how much ACL charged for rent to play the game?

James Smith

If Noggin is correct (and I did hear the same figure repeated on Sunday), a hell of a lot less than SISU were charged to play at Northampton :facepalm: There were a lot of kids in the posh stand where I was.

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

All profits went to charity. The stewards gave up their time for free. I'd say the figure is about right considering the amount of concessions there. A great success. Everyone's a winner (apart from Tim, Mark and Joy).

Grendel

If Noggin is correct (and I did hear the same figure repeated on Sunday), a hell of a lot less than SISU were charged to play at Northampton :facepalm: There were a lot of kids in the posh stand where I was.

And a hell of lot less then they were charged to play at the Ricoh.

Astute

You have to deduct 'costs' of staging the event etc. etc.!
Wonder how much ACL charged for rent to play the game?

SISU would have charged the charities 20k. Ask the Higgs trust how they treat charities.

Tommystours

£20,000 is fantastic for those charities who benefit.well done Billy Bell and CCFPA and all those volunteered.sky blue trust and CCFPA and charity people selling tickets and helping and hosting former players and legends.just a point ,I helped sell tickets on Saturday and majority of sales were children and concessions( oldies). Had some great banter and some sad stories from fans of 50 plus years. Great shame that Sky blues not playing at the Ricoh.
CCC .ACL and CCC need to sort things out ,before we have a lost generation.

Users who are viewing this thread