£200k towards the rent and season ticket holders only (1 Viewer)

ccfc_will

I feel a tear coming on.

Yeh may have over reacted a bit, just get's my goat when people say 'out of the woodwork etc...' as some people do have a life outside watching football twice a week.

EDIT - by that I mean mitigated circumstances, not having a go at the die hards, I would watch cov home and away if I had the time and money to do so.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Yes, as you can see from my original post you quoted, I blatantly said "CCFC Will is a shit fan".

Still, find the "woodworkers" annoying whether you feel I'm having a personal pop at you or not, which I wasn't.

It's gets my goat too.

So I'm undeserving of a ticket because I'm not a member or a STH? Despite the fact that I'm a previous STH and member but cannot commit this season because I play Saturday league football, work every Tuesday evening and train Wednesday evenings?

Pretty harsh. As I'm damn sure I fucking love CCFC with a passion and would make contingencies with work/training for one week to see my club play such a prestigious tie.

Guess I'm a shit fan though because I don't make the effort not to work or play the game I love every week and fuck it all off for the Cov. :facepalm:

ccfc_will

Yes, as you can see from my original post you quoted, I blatantly said "CCFC Will is a shit fan".

Still, find the "woodworkers" annoying whether you feel I'm having a personal pop at you or not, which I wasn't.

It's gets my goat too.

Apologies, that last bit wasn't a personal attack on you, I didn't convey that very well! It's just the whole 'woodworkers' argument and the fact that some people legitimately can't make it, and the 'shit fan' thing gets banded about. I'm pretty gutted about this season because we look like we have a very good chance of doing something and I want to be there! Should probably get a membership like that other fella said, £20 still or around abouts?

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
According to the FL site...we are entitled to 15% of tickets, so we can ask for 9000. We can ask for more, but this has to be agreed with Arsenal and the FL.

Ticket prices have to be mutually agreed, but home ticket prices have to be the same as away ones, so it's likely to be cheap otherwise no Arsenal fans will go.

We'll get 45% of gate receipts. So maybe around 200k? (40,000+ att x £10?).

Any way you look at it, it's a great draw!

jabharty

I think we should get more than 15%, because Arsenal won't fill out their end, and they call the cup, the "mickey mouse" cup....
They couldn't care less, and it means a lot more to smaller clubs. If Arsenal really want a full stadium, they'd give us 20-25%.
Also agree with the calls for ST holders and people with stubs from one of the LC games so far to get priority. Sick and tired of fans getting off their arses because we are playing a good side...
At least some will be put off with the fact that it will be on a week day. Gonna have to queue up!

Astute

I love it on here.

Even good news gets turned into an argument on here.

STH's should get a ticket. But what about fans that do most away games but not home? How about those that went to the Brum game? What about those that can't make many gamrs but can make this one? Or even those that have not been for years, but could get the buzz again if we do well?

To me if you get a ticket you have a right to go. Why have stupid arguments otherwise? This will be a great place to be if we make the final :D

Final you say!.......We need a thread "Cov for the Cup" me thinks.

The funny thing is we will have so many more tickets than we do STH's so it's not going to be a problem. Well not for those that can be bothered to make the effort and Q for a ticket etc.....

torchomatic

PVA

If you want a ticket I don't think you'll have too much trouble getting one. We'll get a minimum of 9k. probably more.

sky blue john

For all the moaners like Torch !!!!!
So what if someone gets a ticket that normally doesn't go !!!
These games are opportunities for Sisu to put a product on the pitch to inspire and get future generations to buy season tickets.
Maybe we will get a passionate bunch of supporters instead of whingers !

skyblueman

So I'm undeserving of a ticket because I'm not a member or a STH? Despite the fact that I'm a previous STH and member but cannot commit this season because I play Saturday league football, work every Tuesday evening and train Wednesday evenings?

Pretty harsh. As I'm damn sure I fucking love CCFC with a passion and would make contingencies with work/training for one week to see my club play such a prestigious tie.

Guess I'm a shit fan though because I don't make the effort not to work or play the game I love every week and fuck it all off for the Cov. :facepalm:

I can't be doing with all the 'ranking of fans' bollocks all this I'm a bigger/better fan than you are nonsense is just childish

We are ALL different but we are still ALL Cov Fans - I've a ST, have had for many years, but personally I couldn't give a toss who or who doesn't have one or how long they've been coming or not, or if they can or if they can't afford it or have other commitments

If you go or not or can or not if at the very least you're always listening out for that one score week in week out and get that nervous feeling whenever you hear the name then you're a FAN and you're one of us - be proud, be passionate and never let anyone tell you otherwise

Enough of the squabbling, stick together everyone and we will make this club great once again

torchomatic

give-a-fuck.php.jpg

These games are opportunities for Sisu to put a product on the pitch to inspire and get future generations to buy season tickets.

Nick

Administrator
To be honest the Chelsea match at home annoyed me.

Great that we had a full stadium, but annoyed me at how many people with Chelsea shirts with Drogba on in the home end, how many people had never been before and only went to see Chelsea.

Also had a couple of mates who couldn't get tickets who go to a few games per season.

glamour76

Pretty harsh. As I'm damn sure I fecking love CCFC with a passion and would make contingencies with work/training for one week to see my club play such a prestigious tie.

Guess I'm a shit fan though because I don't make the effort not to work or play the game I love every week and feck it all off for the Cov. :facepalm:

You wont be able to come anyway! Work tues, train weds! What's the problem?

torchomatic

That's what I mean, Nick. I'm not saying people are shit fans, etc etc, but I just wish they'd make the effort to come to the Ricoh and cheer on the team, that's when we need them, when we're at home with 10K there. It's galling to think that's probably the number who will go all the way down to London. I just find it annoying.

Nick

Administrator
A lot of the people at the Chelsea game weren't even fans never mind shit fans.

I wouldn't mind as much if it turned them into city fans but I doubt many have been back since.

Grendel

Are you on the wind up or have you totally lost the plot?

Future generation? What are you talking about. The people will go to see Arsenal as much as us and if we won would never return until another big name appeared.

They have been in hibernation since Chelsea. Unless you have a season ticket I would make fans by a ticket for one of the next 2 home games in order to go. That'll be a challenge. They will have to see where the Ricoh is.

Nick

Administrator
Are you on the wind up or have you totally lost the plot?

Future generation? What are you talking about. The people will go to see Arsenal as much as us and if we won would never return until another big name appeared.

They have been in hibernation since Chelsea. Unless you have a season ticket I would make fans by a ticket for one of the next 2 home games in order to go. That'll be a challenge. They will have to see where the Ricoh is.

Have to agree, you should have to show a couple of purchased tickets before you get one for Arsenal up until the day or the day before the game in which case anybody can get them.

Dan Griffin

Have to agree, you should have to show a couple of purchased tickets before you get one for Arsenal up until the day or the day before the game in which case anybody can get them.

Does my crewe ticket make me eligible?

SkyBlueUkeman

Well get at most the whole bottom tier of one of the stands behind the goal.

I went to the Emirates for the Emirates Cup a few years back. Try and get a ticket as far down as possible. The sightlines from underneath the upper tier are abysmal. Really, really shit.

ps1948

I too am amused by all this high and mighty stuff from those who go to more matches than some others, have season tickets, went to Dagenham, etc etc. Our club has some great fans, who will follow through thick and thin, others who go to every match to find something to moan about, and several who, like me, attend regularly, but not every week. Attendance at games doesn't make you a better fan, it just means you choose to spend your money watching the team you follow/love.
I chose this year not to have a season ticket, having had one for a number of years, and, if i can't get a ticket for the Arsenal game, I will be a little pissed off, but will hope that the fans who do go get behind the team and (hopefully) cheer us on to a famous victory.
As for those that came to the Chelsea match......I can't believe many real CCFC fans missed out, especially when you look at our attendances historically

johnwillomagic

Wow we manage to fight about getting a decent away following to a match!

The way I see it allocations are fair....season ticket holders get first go which is fair enough, then priority ticket holders, then general sale. If you are a season ticket holder you with one season ticket per week do not think this entitles you to unlimited tickets first up - why should it?
I think as likely to be a mid-week game there should be more than enough tickets for everybody anyway......people should not forget that this will not interest the vast majority of Arsenal fans in the slightest!

I went to Dagenham away when we had about 600 down there but because of that I do not think I should get special treatment, I think season ticket holders do get first priority anyway so cannot really see what the bitching is all about anyway? I do not own a season ticket but think allocation method is fair and will hopefully pick up tickets when they go on general sale.

Currently in Australis at present but no doubt this makes me less of a fan for not making it to the Crewe game today! :facepalm:

Have a good feeling about the Crewe game as they have just lost their skipper really hoping this will be our first win in the league! PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread