£4m budget (1 Viewer)

runner

Can anyone tell me, since not seen anything in reports on the web, but on the radio this morning they were saying that Robin's has £4m budget ... is that just the cost of the current squads salaries or is this a genuine pot for adding to the current squad in the future?

I'm sure it's the former but just wanted clarification ?

shmmeee

The wage budget is (I think) £4.2m.

I'd imagine we're close to that already. Expect a one in one out policy.

Personally I wouldn't lose any sleep of any of: Wood, Kilbane, Sheffers, Baker, Bell, Brown, Ball or ROD being let go to change the squad.

ccfcdan

I don't think we need wholesale changes, we had enough of them during the summer. Maybe send Callum Ball and Reece Brown back and look at signing a striker and two wingers. Unless of course were going to continue with the diamond. If that's the case an attacking/creative midfielder. Easier said than done though.

Gint11

The wage budget is (I think) £4.2m.

I'd imagine we're close to that already. Expect a one in one out policy.

Personally I wouldn't lose any sleep of any of: Wood, Kilbane, Sheffers, Baker, Bell, Brown, Ball or ROD being let go to change the squad.

Agreed, Wood useless, Kilbane good in his day but too old now, sheffers is past his best, baker is 1 in 20 good games, Bell is pants, brown is pants, not seem enough of Ball yet and Roy of the rovers is stealing a living.

RichieGunns

We can't send Ball and Brown back yet. This was explained in another thread. The nearest time when we can theoretically send them back to their clubs is January but we can only do that if there's a clause in their contracts that states this is allowed. If no clause was put in their contracts then they will be with us until the end of the season.

Godiva

We can't send Ball and Brown back yet. This was explained in another thread. The nearest time when we can theoretically send them back to their clubs is January but we can only do that if there's a clause in their contracts that states this is allowed. If no clause was put in their contracts then they will be with us until the end of the season.

They can be sent back if injured .... Now, where's Deegan?

Perryccfc

I'm sure you can terminate a loan deal at any time. It's only if a club wishes to call the player back that u need a clause in the contract. But I'm pretty sure the club loaning the player can cancel at any time

RichieGunns

I'm sure you can terminate a loan deal at any time. It's only if a club wishes to call the player back that u need a clause in the contract. But I'm pretty sure the club loaning the player can cancel at any time

Someone posted up the rules on loans earlier in another thread (can't remember which, I'll try and find it). It pretty much states what I posted just now. You cannot simply send a player back unless both clubs and the player agree to it but if one party doesn't agree, then January is your best bet and even then, if there's no clause in the contract that allows you to send them back at that point, then you have to keep them till the end of the contract.

Of course injury is one way of sending them back but I wouldn't condone it!

skybluedan

since not seen anything in reports on the web, but on the radio this morning they were saying that Robin's has £4m budget ...

Nah mate you miss heard,it said he has 4 male budgies............................

hill83

since not seen anything in reports on the web, but on the radio this morning they were saying that Robin's has £4m budget ...

Nah mate you miss heard,it said he has 4 male budgies............................

One of them is mates with Connor Thomas' pelican.

Last edited:

Black6Osprey

Yes its the total budget so if he brings in a player for 500k (FAT CHANCE) then he has 3.5M left for wages for the squad if you see what I mean.

We need to offload the loan players as if you're not in the first 11 regular then for me its a total waste. Loan players have got to improve the first 11.

skybluedaze

Id lose the lot and let robins bring his own boys in.

I wouldn't go that far but i definately want him to bring his own players in. I think he'll find out quite quickly who's worth keeping and who isn't. Given the financial constraints, there won't be many changes, if any.

Users who are viewing this thread