£500k for Bigi... (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 4232
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4232

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/07/07/pardew-warns-toon-players-to-be-afraid-of-bigirimana-72703-31343385/2/

"Sources in Coventry estimate that Newcastle will pay £500,000 for the midfield man’s services."

Tell me I'm reading this wrong...

Weird seeing him in that shirt.

@richh87

Pardew: “This is a guy who is armed to threaten the players we have in our first team at the moment.”

Really? I love Bigi, but REALLY?

He's very gifted technically - but no pace and no physical presence will make it very hard for him.

SkyBlue_Bear83

He is just talking him up, he won't be near the Newcastle side this season and if he does the premier league will crucify him.

D

Deleted member 4232

He is going on pre season matches with the firsts! Heading for a tour to Germany and Austria next week...

Hope he sends a post card.

wingy

He is just talking him up, he won't be near the Newcastle side this season and if he does the premier league will crucify him.

Graham Carr don't make many ricks,they've seen something,if he'd been allowed to operate with more freedom here i think we would too.

Nick

Administrator
Have to agree with the freedom bit, he had an invisible line he would never pass and just stopped!

Nothing like he was in the youth team!

D

Deleted member 4232

Graham Carr don't make many ricks,they've seen something,if he'd been allowed to operate with more freedom here i think we would too.
Aye. Bigi says in another article how he needed the style of play to change. He didn't like the long "Allardyce" game.

@richh87

Aye. Bigi says in another article how he needed the style of play to change. He didn't like the long "Allardyce" game.

You got a link to this? A ridiculous statement if anyone said that - we pass the ball loads!

wingy

The headline and reaction has surprised me, not one comment about the fee mentioned !!!!!:eek:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Never said Gael would be a rick, just I don't think he will be challenging the first team in the coming season and if he does make appearances in the premier league he will be punished by better sides.

torchomatic

I wonder when the "we didn't get anything for Bigi" thread will start?

Sawyer

He will be apart of the revamped reserve team next season... number 49. Hope he enjoy's it.

CUS Wyken

Bigi was never the same after the public slagging after the sending off.

Now Thorn wanted Bigi as defensive midfielder. When he played in the academy he was far more attacking. Under the right guidance Bigi will be a class player. He deffo got the potential

SkyBlue_Bear83

Sorry mate, just been playing around with my camera.

BIGI: "Last year it was kind of long, direct football"

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newc...ts-faith-in-god-72703-31343382/#ixzz1zwK9PLgC

I put the Allardyce dig in myself. Naughty, I know.

After a bit of digging I found this

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...eat-things-at-coventry-city-92746-29391429/2/

Look at this interview

"I promised myself that I would make my debut by the time I was 16 or 17 and I have achieved that, so praise to God.”

“There are times in your life when you think things aren’t going to happen and that makes you stronger and motivates you to keep going,”

“Last year it was kind of long, direct football and sometimes it looked like, not that I wouldn’t make it, but God has always promised me that he would open windows for me so there needed to be a change in the style of play to suit me."

This is an interview last year in September by Gael so unless he used the exact same words they have just stolen this article where he was talking about Boothroyd

D

Deleted member 4232

After a bit of digging I found this

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...eat-things-at-coventry-city-92746-29391429/2/

Look at this interview

"I promised myself that I would make my debut by the time I was 16 or 17 and I have achieved that, so praise to God.”

“There are times in your life when you think things aren’t going to happen and that makes you stronger and motivates you to keep going,”

“Last year it was kind of long, direct football and sometimes it looked like, not that I wouldn’t make it, but God has always promised me that he would open windows for me so there needed to be a change in the style of play to suit me."

This is an interview last year in September by Gael so unless he used the exact same words they have just stolen this article where he was talking about Boothroyd

Nice find! brb,going to moan at Lee Ryder.

mark82

What is wrong with our journalists these days. Shoddy. Anyone who did an ounce of research knows we were anything but direct this year.

Yorkshire SB

Last season's pre-season friendly against Leamington was all you needed to see of the kid to know he was special. Regardless of the opposition there were several senior professionals on that pitch and Bigi ran the show, completely dictated the tempo of the game and pulled all the strings from midfield. For a 17 year old to do that, and command the respect of the older players in the way he did was very impressive. I personally think he was played out of position all season and should've taken Clingan's role, collecting the ball deep from the defenders and then being a platform for us to build up play from. But regardless, I think he has all the attributes to be a top player; athleticism, technique, vision, intelligence and creativity..hence why he is now at Newcastle. Good luck to the kid, and I hope he goes a long way in the game!

Nick

Administrator
What is wrong with our journalists these days. Shoddy. Anyone who did an ounce of research knows we were anything but direct this year.

Really? Im not a journalist but went to games but think we got more and more direct as the season went on!

wingy

Really? Im not a journalist but went to games but think we got more and more direct as the season went on!

Your missing the point Nick like most will because some lazy Journalist lifted a CT article from early in the season when he broke through and that people will like you think referred to AT, when he meant the previous season under AB,secondly it will make some fans think he's talking us down after moving .:(

wingy

Last season's pre-season friendly against Leamington was all you needed to see of the kid to know he was special. Regardless of the opposition there were several senior professionals on that pitch and Bigi ran the show, completely dictated the tempo of the game and pulled all the strings from midfield. For a 17 year old to do that, and command the respect of the older players in the way he did was very impressive. I personally think he was played out of position all season and should've taken Clingan's role, collecting the ball deep from the defenders and then being a platform for us to build up play from. But regardless, I think he has all the attributes to be a top player; athleticism, technique, vision, intelligence and creativity..hence why he is now at Newcastle. Good luck to the kid, and I hope he goes a long way in the game!

Thats exactly what itook from that game ,he was awsome,and never got to play that role in the system ,it convinced me his best work was at the tip 10-15 yds from the box.

Users who are viewing this thread