£9.5m? (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Nick

Administrator
He has to score the perfect hat trick in a World Cup Final :)

Would be interesting to know.

Moff

Thought we didnt believe the press?

We dont. We will never know the truth, but everyone seemed to lose the plot over 2 million, so why not the alternative reaction for a potentially high fee? Its because some people just want to hear bad news.

Otis

Still obviously not enough.

Should have been eleventy billion or on your bike!

torchomatic

torchomatic

Eleventy billion AND a bike. Maddison's Grifter.

Still obviously not enough.

Should have been eleventy billion or on your bike!

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

SkyBlueRuffian

The club should reveal the full details of the deal to their supporters. What have they got to lose, the deal is done right?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Think for now we should concentrate on the actual fee now that we know we will get rather than clauses that may never kick in. He may never play enough games, he might get injured, he might get homesick, he may never be sold on by Norwich, he may never play in the Premiership or for England who knows

For me £2 or £2.5m is still a good fee for Maddison. If we end up with more then great.

Grendel

The club should reveal the full details of the deal to their supporters. What have they got to lose, the deal is done right?

The buying club normally imposes the restriction.

Imissandywhing

Think for now we should concentrate on the actual fee now that we know we will get rather than clauses that may never kick in. He may never play enough games, he might get injured, he might get homesick, he may never be sold on by Norwich, he may never play in the Premiership or for England who knows

For me £2 or £2.5m is still a good fee for Maddison. If we end up with more then great.

Agreed.

It also may free up some cash that can be used against wages... What free agents do we currently know of that may have previously been out of our wage allowance. Its been bugging me all morning, I cant think of any players that would have a serious impact on our squad that are currently unattached. Any ideas?

torchomatic

It doesn't. Like I said you believe the press who say the fee is low as it suits you. Me? I've seen players go a hundred times, I remember crying as a kid when GIllespie and Wallace were sold, so I like to believe that at least we got a decent return for one of our kids.

Glad that makes you feel better.

hutch1972

No, can't be having that.

Now 5,000 ranting, angry posts will have to be deleted or edited!

As I said last night, lets see what transpires in the morning and wait for the meat on the bones.
But its undisclosed ,so it is unlikely that much info will be given.
I can understand them not wanting other teams knowing how much you have to spend ,but we all know we are unlikely to be in the market to actually buy anyone . A pointless little secret that just invites negative thinking.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I assume the source for this must be close to the club? :thinking about: or perhaps Norwich

If it is CCFC why put out a figure like £9.5m. Yes it might say look what a good deal we have done, but what will be read by many fans is that over the near future we have £9.5m to spend. That just may never be the case all depends on clauses that may never happen. Just increases speculation let alone frustrations when/if that money is not forth coming on signing players, not to mention questions why we will continue to get players on loan.

At £2m or £2.5m fans would have got used to it quite quickly. Then when the cov kid does good and we get a bit more money then use that to positively spin it eg "we bought so and so because of some extra money we negotiated for Maddison's sale"

Use the PR don't waste it

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

Probably is true , but only if he spearheads englands attack at the next world cup ,scoring a hat trick in the final before being sold on to Barcelona for a world record fee !!!
Yes but according to posters on here he IS going to be that good (hence why they believe he's been sold on the cheap)

Covstu

Lets face it, we are not going to get £9.5M for him even if he became a world beater. I think is was naïve to think that there isn't any clauses, remember the similar outrage with the Wilson deal.

idm1975

It doesn't. Like I said you believe the press who say the fee is low as it suits you. Me? I've seen players go a hundred times, I remember crying as a kid when GIllespie and Wallace were sold, so I like to believe that at least we got a decent return for one of our kids.
Me too but we gonna have to beg to differ on this one as i dont think this was good business, unless it was £2.5m up front and £7m after 1 appearance. Upset for my lad as well, as like yours he idolized him. If Man City get neymar next year he will be lost to them i fear.

torchomatic

But why would a team pay zillions for a player who hasn't yet proved himself? The massive figures bandied about are from people like us...fans...not the money men who run football clubs. To us he was worth £10M, £20M but realistically he's worth nowhere near that.

Me too but we gonna have to beg to differ on this one as i dont think this was good business, unless it was £2.5m up front and £7m after 1 appearance. Upset for my lad as well, as like yours he idolized him. If Man City get neymar next year he will be lost to them i fear.

Nick

Administrator

Buy why would he be lost to Man City? It's the age of FIFA and consoles.

Captain Dart

The fee is undisclosed.

This quote from the story is nonsense, sic.
The Observer understands the Sky Blues accepted an offer late on Monday evening for an initial fee of £2.5million which will rise to £9.5million with claues.

This is what it means.
The Observer understands the Sky Blues accepted an offer late on Monday evening for an initial fee of £2.5million which could rise to £9.5million if all clauses are fulfilled. These clauses include Maddison making 250 appearances for Norwich, winning 100 England Caps and scoring a hat trick in the World Cup Final.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

You mean like 90%of people who support Manchester teams he will only see them on tv.

idm1975

But why would a team pay zillions for a player who hasn't yet proved himself? The massive figures bandied about are from people like us...fans...not the money men who run football clubs. To us he was worth £10M, £20M but realistically he's worth nowhere near that.
We seem to buck the trend of other selling clubs by getting realistic fees for players when we could have got so much more. His talent is undoubted, he had 2 1/2 yrs still on his contract and big prem clubs sniffing. We have sold to soon and too cheap. Norwich have got a bargain and they will be rubbing their hands.

rupert_bear

Doesn't make a lot of difference what the fee is whether it's £2million or 22million, we, the football team that is will get very little of it. Lucky if half a million finds it way to the team in my opinion

ajsccfc

If kids were allowed to make decisions they'd lose all their teeth by 13, don't let them choose anything including football teams. Make them stick with Cov as some kind of life lesson about hardship and not getting too excited about stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread