£9.5m? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
This is up there with the guy who decided to support Leicester because he was unhappy about stuff at CCFC, just as they happened to get promoted. I am sure there was one who said their kids suddenly supported Chelsea too?

idm1975

This is up there with the guy who decided to support Leicester because he was unhappy about stuff at CCFC, just as they happened to get promoted. I am sure there was one who said their kids suddenly supported Chelsea too?
Do you have children?

covmark

We seem to buck the trend of other selling clubs by getting realistic fees for players when we could have got so much more. His talent is undoubted, he had 2 1/2 yrs still on his contract and big prem clubs sniffing. We have sold to soon and too cheap. Norwich have got a bargain and they will be rubbing their hands.
How do you know it's too cheap?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
And if your child loved a particular player and wanted see him play would you take him/her to make them happy?

It depends really, if they said they wanted to support a certain term because a certain player played for them I'd educate them about football teams and why people support different teams and that you don't change who you support because of a player they have signed, as players come and go.

When I was a kid, I never understand how anybody could ever change who they support and the people who had more than 1 team. To think I would want to support Man Utd back then because they bought Roy Keane or something wouldn't have happened.

Astute

The one clause I am not sure about is proving Santa does really exist before we get any more money. I am always asleep when he calls at my house.

idm1975

How do you know it's too cheap?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
If you are going to sell someone you want to make sure you are getting top dollar for them, do you think we could have got more for madders or actually needed to sell him at all last night?

Evo1883

Think some people miss the point about why fans are annoyed .
I don't think it's so much to do with selling Maddison , I don't think it's even about the fee , I think it's more to do with another hefty sum going SISU's way and it will be diverted from the club into their banks whilst the club scrimps and scrapes by being self sufficient and recruiting frees and loans again .
let's be honest , the playing side will see very little of what has been made by selling James Maddison , it never does.
Yes it's a fantastic sum of money for a lad like James Maddison , but fantastic for who , certainly not the team , but for SISU it's great

lordsummerisle

It depends really, if they said they wanted to support a certain term because a certain player played for them

Think that NLHWC has had a sewason ticket at Newcastle the last couple of years, bit pissed of that he's had to buy another one for City now that Bigi is back.

idm1975

It depends really, if they said they wanted to support a certain term because a certain player played for them I'd educate them about football teams and why people support different teams and that you don't change who you support because of a player they have signed, as players come and go.

When I was a kid, I never understand how anybody could ever change who they support and the people who had more than 1 team. To think I would want to support Man Utd back then because they bought Roy Keane or something wouldn't have happened.
Listen i said could not would. We live in suffolk no-one else here supports cov its hard for him being a youngster and supporting us while all his mates are your usual prem league supporters. I take him to as many games as i can and he loves it and he loves ccfc. He has been a mascot and played fifa with haynes and madders when he tells his friends things like that what do you reckin they say to him? Am just stating that as a young boy players make big impressions on people, he going to be upset this eve when he finds out.

lordsummerisle

Listen i said could not would. We live in suffolk no-one else here supports cov its hard for him being a youngster and supporting us while all his mates are your usual prem league supporters. I take him to as many games as i can and he loves it and he loves ccfc. He has been a mascot and played fifa with haynes and madders when he tells his friends things like that what do you reckin they say to him? Am just stating that as a young boy players make big impressions on people, he going to be upset this eve when he finds out.

At least next season he won't have so far to travel to see Maddison.

usskyblue

I think the point actually is...

Everyone thinks they're a fucking expert, that knows exactly what happened, why, and what'll happen next.

Nick

Administrator

Then fair play to him, I bet out of people he knows he is one of a few to actually go to games.

Of course players make big impressions, they are heroes. Not a reason to suddenly decide to support other teams though, players will always come and go.

usskyblue

What better situation to use than this start teaching him about the reality of the sport? And that Maddison has his own family and future to think about.

idm1975

Then fair play to him, I bet out of people he knows he is one of a few to actually go to games.

Of course players make big impressions, they are heroes. Not a reason to suddenly decide to support other teams though, players will always come and go.
None of them go to games apart from him. The statement i made may have been a bit OTT he wont stop supporting us, he does still ask me though when callum wilson is coming back!

torchomatic

Unfortunately the days of Le Tissier and John Terry are over.

Chipfat

If this is true, it’s very much the same as an NFL free agents contract. The difference being we get the bonuses if Madison performs, not the player at prem level. The buying club call it low risk high reward as its heavily reliant on performance and level reached by Maddison.

So if this is true 2mill is what any debate should be about, as that is the only thing guaranteed to us as a club. Is that high enough i dont think so still the day after. If they paid 5 mill with incentives that would of been a better deal. This is not just about him also it what can we reinvest and build our next squad on, 2 mill is the only guantee not enough bad deal in my opinion.

Moff

If kids were allowed to make decisions they'd lose all their teeth by 13, don't let them choose anything including football teams. Make them stick with Cov as some kind of life lesson about hardship and not getting too excited about stuff.

I did that, and made my son a CCFC fan. He now regularly gives me a withering look about it that only a 14 year old can do.

Brylowes

Down with the Coventry telegraph-Long live the Coventry Observer (they print what I like to read)

Brylowes

If kids were allowed to make decisions they'd lose all their teeth by 13, don't let them choose anything including football teams. Make them stick with Cov as some kind of life lesson about hardship and not getting too excited about stuff.
And never expect to be paid what you are worth

Brylowes

None of them go to games apart from him. The statement i made may have been a bit OTT he wont stop supporting us, he does still ask me though when callum wilson is coming back!
Break it to him gently-Callum now plays football with the angels in the sky.

Otherwise known as heavens waiting room (Bournmouth)

shmmeee

Hmmm. Spot the odd one out. From a tin pot free paper as well.

We'll never really know until the accounts come through in a couple of years.

Frankly "rising to" may as well be "will never get" in most transfers.

torchomatic

He's the best player ever though so, of course we will get all those juicy add-ons.

Frankly "rising to" may as well be "will never get" in most transfers.

Users who are viewing this thread