£9.5m? (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

torchomatic

letsallsingtogether

True but also not the £2M everyone was using as a stick earlier. We'll never know.
We all knew he would go just pisses me off we haven't got the bollocks to hang on longer and get a better first deal.
Keep reading shit like no one else wanted him well if you wait long enough and the player is good enough they will come.
Do they never learn same was done with Callum.
Norwich are now assembling their Championship side to give a whupping next season

ajsccfc

I hear the money is being siphoned off to their secret hollowed out volcano lair, those sharks don't feed themselves.

SlowerThanPlatt

We get more cash if England or Norwich win major honours.

England last won a major honour in 1966 and Norwich last won a major honour in 1985.

stupot07

We get more cash if England or Norwich win major honours.

England last won a major honour in 1966 and Norwich last won a major honour in 1985.

I like how Anderson suggests it's about future income and the deal is structured including 3,4,5 years time.......but Maddison only signed a 3 1/2 year deal so it may never get to 4, 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Think this is all about the short term financing of the club.

Maybe a sum now plus the loan
then more in the summer when CCFC have no cash flow
then probably more end of next season

The add on's might never come but in any case will take time if dependent say on appearances etc. If he goes out on loan as is likely next season will those appearances count? If he spends no time playing for Norwich first team how do CCFC get to claim the rewards for Norwich team achievement? If only appearances for Norwich count then if on season loan that pushes off the add on's even further surely? If it doesn't work out and Norwich get rid before they have to pay more at no profit or even a loss then we wont get anything. It is by no means guaranteed Maddison will be a success (I hope he is ) ..... football doesn't give those sort of guarantees and plenty of players have failed to make the step up after being touted as the next great thing

If we get promoted we are going to need to invest a lot of money in to the team other than loans....... we are well short of being able to match income in the Championship with just about all those teams and payments over 3, 4 or 5 years on this sale that may never happen are not going to bridge that gap. 7m over 5 years is 1.4m per year.... welcome but it isn't going to pay championship wages.

Sorry Mr Anderson but I need much more convincing than that.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I like how Anderson suggests it's about future income and the deal is structured including 3,4,5 years time.......but Maddison only signed a 3 1/2 year deal so it may never get to 4, 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

good point stupot

Chipfat

I dont understand building a foudation, surley players like maddison are the foundation you build on to get higher in the english structure to gain more money. This is first of many heads Anderson will show, true to Sisu and just does what has been done before, BS. If the club do not invest today 5th in the leaugue with a chance of promotion they never will, you build on promotion, talent and investment through revenue.

If im deluded so be it but Sisu have pleyd the tune too mnay times for it not to sink in, if he is building foundations now, what the fuck have Sisu done for the last 8 years. Foundations!!!!! my arse, FFS they cant find foundations to build a stadium and they are preaching about building a team. They are dismantling a team, not many on long term deals or under 33 next year, some foundation, but guess im the mug!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stupot07

I dont understand building a foudation, surley players like maddison are the foundation you build on to get higher in the english structure to gain more money. This is first of many heads Anderson will show, true to Sisu and just does what has been done before, BS. If the club do not invest today 5th in the leaugue with a chance of promotion they never will, you build on promotion, talent and investment through revenue.

If im deluded so be it but Sisu have pleyd the tune too mnay times for it not to sink in, if he is building foundations now, what the fuck have Sisu done for the last 8 years. Foundations!!!!! my arse, FFS they cant find foundations to build a stadium and they are preaching about building a team. They are dismantling a team, not many on long term deals or under 33 next year, some foundation, but guess im the mug!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the foundation we're building on, everyone else is a loan or out of contact at the end of the season:

Next season's squad according to transfermarkt these are the players in contract.

GK
RCC, Burge

Defence
Willis,

Midfield
Rose, Vincelot, Lamieres

Attack
G Thomas,

Plus
Stokes has an option for a further year.
Not sure on the younger kids.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Hard to reconcile selling the supposed brightest prospect in the squad that we own with the need to build a team on the back of other teams loan players isn't it

the foundations look a bit rocky to me even given that in L1 teams squads are quite short term

Chipfat

Again misdirection, they will come out with Maddison wanted to go its on him, we done the best by him. Reality is 1st bid they jumped, 1st decent solid offer they took. And now spouting but we had to build look at the squad thats left why would TM stick around for this.

torchomatic

We all knew he would go just pisses me off we haven't got the bollocks to hang on longer and get a better first deal.
Keep reading shit like no one else wanted him well if you wait long enough and the player is good enough they will come.
Do they never learn same was done with Callum.
Norwich are now assembling their Championship side to give a whupping next season
It pisses me off that Norwich didnt buy him on new years day.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

What is our actual squad past the end of this season?

RCC/Burge
Willis
Stokes (option)/Haynes
Vincelot/Rose
Lameiras/G Thomas

That's it. 7 outfield players, 3/4 of which are arguably kids and one who I assume could turn us down for the option. Plus two distinctly average 'keepers. That £2m will have to be spread pretty thin.

Edit: beaten like City with Ramage in the team.

stupot07

It won't even be £2m, they'll only be able to use 60% of it, then will use most to supplement the wage bill and find operating costs. We may have even spent some of it on the loans.

Samo

What is our actual squad past the end of this season?

RCC/Burge
Willis
Stokes (option)/Haynes
Vincelot/Rose
Lameiras/G Thomas

That's it. 7 outfield players, 3/4 of which are arguably kids and one who I assume could turn us down for the option. Plus two distinctly average 'keepers. That £2m will have to be spread pretty thin.

Edit: beaten like City with Ramage in the team.

Lorentzson?

Gazolba

This is the foundation we're building on, everyone else is a loan or out of contact at the end of the season:

Seems smart to me. How many of them are up to playing in the Championship anyway? So why tie us down to keeping them?

Nick

Administrator
I remember when everybody was outraged about half of Pressley's squad going, thank fuck they only got 1 year.

We could be throwing 4 year contracts at David Bell's again!

stupot07

Seems smart to me. How many of them are up to playing in the Championship anyway? So why tie us down to keeping them?

Not really. You look at the likes of Bournemouth, Southampton, Norwich, Swansea, etc who have made the step up they still had a core of players that played in league one. We'll be basically replaced 8-9 of the starting 11.

stupot07

I remember when everybody was outraged about half of Pressley's squad going, thank fuck they only got 1 year.

No it's not about that Nick, there has to be a happy medium. In the very very unlikely event we don't go up this season, pretty much all of our best player will leave - Armstrong, Murphy, fleck, Maddison, etc. You want to build from a strong base not a flaccid one.

The core of burton's, Walsall. Gillingham, etc have all been together a couple of years. Look at Swindon this season.

Last edited:

Gazolba

It doesn't make any difference how long he remains at Norwich, the contract can outlive that. The contract ends when the contract ends.

stupot07

It doesn't make any difference how long he remains at Norwich, the contract can outlive that. The contract ends when the contract ends.

Not if its all wrapped up in appearances and team performance whilst his at the club.

Nick

Administrator
No it's not about that Nick, there has to be a happy medium. In the very very unlikely event we don't go up this season, pretty much all of our best player will leave - Armstrong, Murphy, fleck, Maddison, etc. You want to build from a strong base not a flaccid one.

The core of burton's, Walsall. Gillingham, etc have all been together a couple of years. Look at Swindon this season.

I agree with that about having a good core. Hopefully it is something TM can build upon this summer.

I think Fleck is the main one, I don't see Maddison as the spine of our team :(

Ideally keep Armstrong forever, but can't see it.

Astute

Everyone? Are you sure?

Astute

If you know the wording of the contract can you let us know how much we got for him?

thewards5579

Excellent observation Stu

Sent from my Harrier Mini from EE using Tapatalk

Otis

We will still have Martin, Stokes, Vincelot, JOB, Ricketts. These have also been our best players.

Then there is hopefully Rose and Lorentzson, who TM bought for the future anyway and Willis to come back.

Of course we need more quality, but we will still have a base to work from.

Users who are viewing this thread