£9.5m? (1 Viewer)

Astute

Figure of speech

Correct it to "the majority".

We also had people saying we wouldn't be able to put out a team.

And I disagreed with them also.

Whatever happens at our club we have some that think it is good and some that think it is a disaster. I try to look somewhere in the middle. And if I can't find a middle ground then it is either good or bad. But there is always some to disagree with and then people can quote them at a later date and use a figure of speech to say everyone said it ;)

Nick

Administrator
And I disagreed with them also.

Whatever happens at our club we have some that think it is good and some that think it is a disaster. I try to look somewhere in the middle. And if I can't find a middle ground then it is either good or bad. But there is always some to disagree with and then people can quote them at a later date and use a figure of speech to say everyone said it ;)

It is like if somebody says "everybody is out tonight". It usually means "the usual lot" are out tonight. Unless if somebody says it you think everybody in the world is going out! :) I'll be more precise!

Astute

I remember when everybody was outraged about half of Pressley's squad going, thank fuck they only got 1 year.

We could be throwing 4 year contracts at David Bell's again!

It is like if somebody says "everybody is out tonight". It usually means "the usual lot" are out tonight. Unless if somebody says it you think everybody in the world is going out! :) I'll be more precise!

So if hardly anyone went out then hardly anyone was outraged? ;)

henry the wasp

What has the length of maddisons contract got to do with our agreement with Norwich? For all we know it could be £1m a year for the next 5 years, regardless of appearances.
I haven't seen or heard what Anderson said so apologies.

Last edited:

Samo

Hey Astute,
Do still think that TM has total control of transfers?

Samo

We will still have Martin, Stokes, Vincelot, JOB, Ricketts. These have also been our best players.

Then there is hopefully Rose and Lorentzson, who TM bought for the future anyway and Willis to come back.

Of course we need more quality, but we will still have a base to work from.

And it might be a good thing that we don't have loads of contracted L1 players who won't hack it in the championship.

stupot07

We will still have Martin, Stokes, Vincelot, JOB, Ricketts. These have also been our best players.

Then there is hopefully Rose and Lorentzson, who TM bought for the future anyway and Willis to come back.

Of course we need more quality, but we will still have a base to work from.

I'm on about next season Otis, only Burge, RCC, Willis, Vincelot, rose, lamaires and Thomas are contracted beyond this season, with stokes having an option of the another year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Otis

And it might be a good thing that we don't have loads of contracted L1 players who won't hack it in the championship.
I would like to think that Vincelot and Stokes can certainly hack it in the Championship. Hopefully Martin too.

Rose and Lorentzson are a bit of an unknown entity at the moment, so it be interesting to see how they progress this year.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I would like to think that Vincelot and Stokes can certainly hack it in the Championship. Hopefully Martin too.

Rose and Lorentzson are a bit of an unknown entity at the moment, so it be interesting to see how they progress this year.
Vincelot would be a decent squad player, Stokes and Martin wouldn't be able to hack it imo

Buster

The team I've watched in the past two home games would struggle in the championship. The only shining light was Maddison . Pleased about the strengthening up of the back four though. If they are the right players it could make a world of difference

Nick

Administrator
The team I've watched in the past two home games would struggle in the championship. The only shining light was Maddison . Pleased about the strengthening up of the back four though. If they are the right players it could make a world of difference

In the last 2 home games???

Samo

And what about the period when he was injured during which we were smashing teams almost weekly?

SkyBlue_Bear83

This is the foundation we're building on, everyone else is a loan or out of contact at the end of the season:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
No problem, we'll just extend contracts of Tudgay, Fortune, Ramage, C Thomas and Finch and Hunt.

I think you mussed Haynes off your list as well.

Astute

And what about the period when he was injured during which we were smashing teams almost weekly?

And smashed every team until he got injured. The first game we didn't win this season was the game when he got injured at the start of it.

NorthernWisdom

No problem, we'll just extend contracts of Tudgay, Fortune, Ramage, C Thomas and Finch and Hunt.

Close season will see a new long term deal for Fortune announced. Mowbray reckons he's the type of player who can last another three seasons, and the Maddison cash will allow him to sign him up for that long.

You heard it here first.

stupot07

According to transfermarkt Haynes contract runs out in the summer too. Edit: just found like to the offal - you're right he's here until 2017. All is saved now!

SkyBlue_Bear83

According to transfermarkt Haynes contract runs out in the summer too. Edit: just found like to the offal - you're right he's here until 2017. All is saved now!

2 two year project is back on!

Users who are viewing this thread