-10 for pompey (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

Portsmouth have been told by the Football League they will start the new season on -10 points if they are to be allowed into League One.
More to follow.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Good, no club more deserving of it. Years and years of financial mismanagement, spending ridiculous wages in proportion to their budget and signing players they could not realistically afford. You can't manage a football club this badly and expect to walk away scot free. Do feel for the fans though.

WillieStanley

Any other club, I would have been gutted for them. Pompey, however deserve everything they get. the arrogant way they believe that they are just entitled to spend that amount of money on ridiculous wages and fees just because... well "We're Pompey"

I do feel for the fans, however.

One person I do not feel for is Appleton. He has left me feeling quite resentful towards the club. Some people are just arseholes. He's one.

SonofErnie

The ten point deduction is the least of their worries. The other sanctions/conditions are incredibly tough and look impossible to meet ahead of the new season.

Nick

Administrator
I feel for the fans as it isn't exactly their fault but business wise it is only what they deserve. To be paying the silly wages they have been especially in the Championship is just stupid!

wingy

Very Tough on the fans ,there but for the grace of God and all that .The real surprise was that they never got a bigger sanction last year,Min 20-25 points to absolutely guarantee their relegation !!! they will argue that its unfair to have a double hit ,but i'm pretty sure the details on their pathetic settlement terms were unknown at that time .

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Just on the local BBC South Today News. The 20 second report just more or less said what's on here. All very "matter-of-fact" reporting...

Astute

It puts a different perspective on our costcutting......

kdrinkell

Some of the comments are astounding on here,the people who firked Pompey wasn't the fans,the people who made their money are long gone and will not bat an eyelid if Pompey end up in a crapper league.
I feel for the club and its fans.

CCFC Germany

...and still they have players under contract with 40k a week.
They shouldn't be allowed to play Football League at all.

Changeyourface

Some of the comments are astounding on here,the people who firked Pompey wasn't the fans,the people who made their money are long gone and will not bat an eyelid if Pompey end up in a crapper league.

Aye, but every Pompey fan I've had the misfortune of meeting's been a right arsehole. I'm sure they've got plenty of decent fans, but all the same fuck 'em.

6 Generations

Not 1 Pompey fan ever complained about 'Harry', David james, Sol Campbell, Kanu, Defoe or Crouch, and neither did they complain whilst winning the F.A. CUP or enjoying Europa League football.
This success is recorded for all time in the history of that club.
I accept that the fans didn't control the inflated investment in that squad, but they celebrated the demise of Southampton after agent Redknapp had been recalled.

Users who are viewing this thread