100 year old wants King to sign. (1 Viewer)

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
From Coventry Telegraph

marlon king.jpg

IF AIDY Boothroyd is still pondering the signing of former jailbird Marlon King then he could ask one of the Sky Blues’s oldest fans for a bit of advice.

Phyllis Pyle – who turned 100 on Saturday – has been following the club since her dad first took her to a game when she was 12-years-old.

She can’t manage the trip to the Ricoh nowadays but Phyllis still listens to the lads in action every week.

And the sprightly centenarian thinks King could be just the tonic for a side that she believes lacks a cutting edge up front.

“If he can get goals then I can’t think of a reason why he shouldn’t come,” the Westwood Heath resident said.

“We’re desperate for goals. I listened to the Watford game the other day when we scored those two late goals.

“I couldn’t believe it. I know some fans had gone home, but I was still listening. It’s been a good start to the season, I’m not sure it’ll last though.”After 88 years of following the club she has never lost her passion.

During the 1987 cup final Phyllis, a youthful 76-years-old at the time, was told to stop standing on the Wembley seats after Gary Mabbutt’s famous own goal.

“I still get a little excited when I’m watching or listening to games,” she said.

Phyllis Randell was born in 1910 and grew up on Lower Ford Street, attending Wheatley Street School.

She worked as a shorthand typist at Coventry Triumph, before working at an auctioneers on Hertford Street.

She got married to Charles Harry Pyle in 1930 at St Peters Church in Hillfields. The couple spent nearly 50-years-together before going their separate ways.

Phyllis had three children, John, David and Ann, four grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren, with another just a few days away.

“I do love my family so much,” she said. “It’s given me tremendous pleasure to see them all grow up.”

Asked the secret of her long life Phyllis said: “I should say having a drop of whisky with hot water each morning. But the truth is you’ve just got to keep going.”

Last edited:

oldhead76

Nah oldhead might threaten her as well

She would be safe around marlon king anyway far to old for even him to sexually assault and break her nose ... me id happily take the old girl out for a stout and we can laugh at you whoppers on here . ( dan could join us if he wanted to get some fake ID )

skybluedan

oldhead let me make this clear to you im not a kid im 34 years old and have been going to the city for 20 of them you had the cheek to call me a cyber bully, what your trying to do now,fact is we both support city and are on a skyblueforum and are not going to agree on everything, you seem to have me down as someone who as you say dont mind the beating of girls or agrees with this the fact in my earlier replies to you was that i was refering to you as the little biatch for all your bitching you was doing, just because you dont want king here does not mean that everyone else dont, fact is i could not give a shit if he does or does,nt what bothers me is you giving it loads offering me for a drink which as i said to you before i would love to before a game and will come to your local if you want but believe me you really dont want that mate so what i suggest to you is this stick your chest back in or your tits if your fat:D and chill the fuck out its a football forum ffs

tippex9

88 years following City??? Bloody hell she'd have faired better admitting to a murder in Texas!!

Gawd bless er

skybluedan

i know fancy being able to say you have supported city for 88 years,shit she would have seen some chenges quality

Coventry La La La

Oldhead take some advice from an Olderhead Marlon King is good for Coventry and hes not going to be jumping into the crowd punching girls. You gonna stick to your word and not come to games when he signs?

Last edited:

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
I'm a girl, I've come round to the idea of having Marlon King here!

At the end of the day, personal and professional should be kept separate, as it is at every other job. You leave your personal life at the door. We'll see if that happens, and we'll see if it has any impact on the dressing room, I hope it doesn't because they're all professionals, but we'll see!

We're after him because of his football skills, that's all. We're not asking him to be some kind of ambassador or anything *shrugs*

Users who are viewing this thread