2 monkeys off the clubs bacl. (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

:emoji_monkey_face: Slade finally got a win after weeks of trying
:emoji_monkey: Ghost of Sutton has been banished, just point at Burnley and shout what about Lincoln.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

:emoji_monkey_face: Slade finally got a win after weeks of trying
:emoji_monkey: Ghost of Sutton has been banished, just point at Burnley and shout what about Lincoln.
Don't you mean THREE MONKEYS, your forgetting SISU !!! :emoji_see_no_evil::emoji_hear_no_evil::emoji_gorilla:

oucho

The Sutton one was off our back already - non-league (at the time) Luton beat Norwich (then Prem) in the cup a few years ago.......although in fairness, it wasn't that long ago that both clubs were in the same league as each other and they are similarly sized clubs. Lincoln are also ex-league and for many seasons would have played in the same league as Burnley. Same applies to a lesser extent with Chelsea losing to Bradford - the two clubs had crossed paths before and BCFC have long been an established league side.

Sutton beating Arsenal would be off the scale, far more so than when they beat us.......it would top even the Hereford win over Newcastle in the 1970s or the time that Histon a few years ago who beat Leeds, who in fairness had dripped down a good way by then.

Captain Dart

Bumberclart

The BBC still managed to squeeze in a nostalgia piece about the 1989 game during half time yesterday.
If they beat Arsenal tonight, they will get some sort of 'perennial giant killers' tag, and 1989 will be mentioned even more often.

Captain Dart

The BBC still managed to squeeze in a nostalgia piece about the 1989 game during half time yesterday.
If they beat Arsenal tonight, they will get some sort of 'perennial giant killers' tag, and 1989 will be mentioned even more often.

6-0 to the Arsenal please, so the BBC STFU about Sutton.
Listening to R5 this morning I think the BBC has sent more staff there than employed by the whole of Sutton Utd FC.

bringbackrattles

A friend of mine who's a Norwich fan likes to remind me that her team stuffed Sutton 8-0 in the next round after they beat us. That hurts as well !

Users who are viewing this thread