2nd Signing - Duckens Nazon (2 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

I was impressed with him in his brief time. Don't know how he'd do over 90 minutes but when the ball came to him he looked a danger.

clint van damme

I haven't been that impressed with a forward on his debut since Patrick Aygeii!

In all seriousness he looks like a player, strong, skilful and good decision making.

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

The duck against the county defender for the 3rd

st john

Good news, I think, that he has signed a new contract with Wolves. Hopefully now if he does well and we are in contention he will stay until the end of the season.

stevefloyd

He had a good run into the box on Tuesday and decided to pass it, couldn't see from his angle if a shot was on but Biamou wasn't hungry enough to get onto it, seems a team player for sure in the 2 games I seen him play

Reactions: vow

harvey098

I was watching the shooting practice before the start of the game... he has a very good technique. Think he will score a few goals if given the game time

covcity4life

He had a good run into the box on Tuesday and decided to pass it, couldn't see from his angle if a shot was on but Biamou wasn't hungry enough to get onto it, seems a team player for sure in the 2 games I seen him play

whilst biamou may not have been sprinting full pelt think its bit harsh to say he wasnt hungry enough to get it, from what i remember he did get into the position for an easy tap in but the cross was deflected(nearly into the goal)

skyblueelephant76

I think that's a bit harsh on Biamou, Nazon should have crossed it earlier if you are talking about the one where Jones set him free down the right. I think he is going to be very exciting at times and very frustrating at others.

st john

As long as he doesn't do TOO well.
Yes, hopefully good enough to tear L2 apart but not quite good enough for Wolves 1st team this season. Similar to Armstrong, in the right circumstances it may prove the best move to leave him here for the season.

Warwickhunt

Good news, I think, that he has signed a new contract with Wolves. Hopefully now if he does well and we are in contention he will stay until the end of the season.
Wolves did for Nazon what we should have done with George thomas last January! we all could see he will make a good Championship footballer even then and they would have found it easier for him to sign an enhanced contract, but we decided to dilly dally about and then he scored the goal in the checkatrade and his worth shot through the roof and the big boys came around sniffing.

Nick

Administrator
Wolves did for Nazon what we should have done with George thomas last January! we all could see he will make a good Championship footballer even then and they would have found it easier for him to sign an enhanced contract, but we decided to dilly dally about and then he scored the goal in the checkatrade and his worth shot through the roof and the big boys came around sniffing.
Last January he hadn't impressed at all and was on par with Jack Finch.

st john

Yes, I think Nazon joined Wolves on a short contract initially earlier this year, almost like a trialist really. I think they would have had him watched on Tuesday and signed in up quick on a longer term contract

steve82

I think that's a bit harsh on Biamou, Nazon should have crossed it earlier if you are talking about the one where Jones set him free down the right. I think he is going to be very exciting at times and very frustrating at others.

I found his decision making frustrating at times Tuesday night, held on to the ball too long at times and inevitably gave away possession.

Clearly has talent tho and he's here to iron out those pitfalls in his game.

Last edited:

Warwickhunt

Last January he hadn't impressed at all and was on par with Jack Finch.
I watched him a lot in the yoof team and could see something in him as he had a desire burning in his belly he just needed consistency in being selected to learn his trade

stevefloyd

whilst biamou may not have been sprinting full pelt think its bit harsh to say he wasnt hungry enough to get it, from what i remember he did get into the position for an easy tap in but the cross was deflected(nearly into the goal)
Hey I want the guy to do good but on Tuesday he didnt if he had performed well I woyld have said... good strikers get goals we will see

Reactions: vow

stevefloyd

When he came on on Saturday, he again looked a little lost but then he produced a great pass for Jones 2nd goal, maybe thats his game, if he keeps doing that he will have no complaints from me but sometimes you have to graft and atm he doesn't appear to be showing that

oucho

I like him - I'd start him ahead of Beavon on Saturday.

oucho

I just don't get this hate-in with Beavon. You always want to kick him out the team. ;)
He's not a guaranteed starter, so I'm not "kicking him out" - Duckens looks impressive and I'd like to see him start a league game, Beavon is clearly the one he'd replace.

oucho

Beavon played well Saturday, he's an important player for us as his movement and workrate opens up space for others.
I agree - but if we're to pick Nazon someone needs to make way. I'd almost be tempted to pick Nazon on the wing in place of Vincenti, then have Andreu behind McNulty in Beavon's place. That looks like our most dangerous side IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread