2nd Signing - Duckens Nazon (1 Viewer)

steve82

I agree - but if we're to pick Nazon someone needs to make way. I'd almost be tempted to pick Nazon on the wing in place of Vincenti, then have Andreu behind McNulty in Beavon's place. That looks like our most dangerous side IMO.

Against Notts county Vincenti was our best outlet for going long from the keeper.

I'd more try to accommodate Andreu than nazon at this stage, but no one deserves to lose there place.

oucho

Against Notts county Vincenti was our best outlet for going long from the keeper.

I'd more try to accommodate Andreu than nazon at this stage, but no one deserves to lose there place.
I thought Vincenti was poor against Grimsby. It's all about picking the best team, even if that means changing a winning team where you don't think the incumbents "deserve" to be dropped.

Otis

I agree - but if we're to pick Nazon someone needs to make way. I'd almost be tempted to pick Nazon on the wing in place of Vincenti, then have Andreu behind McNulty in Beavon's place. That looks like our most dangerous side IMO.
So, replacing him even though he played well. ;)

oucho

So, replacing him even though he played well. ;)
Correct - just because he played well doesn't mean he gets into our best side.

covcity4life

I thought Vincenti was poor against Grimsby. It's all about picking the best team, even if that means changing a winning team where you don't think the incumbents "deserve" to be dropped.

he should have had a stone wall pen. could have been the hero

i like him

stupot07

I don't get the beavon hating either and I don't see why Nazon is so highly rated.

In both league games he has came on the last 5-10 minutes with us already 2-0 up against tired defenders and the game stretched.

I thought he was so-so vs Blackburn. He did one or two good things, yes and scored but a lot of the time he held on to the ball far too long and rarely beat his man when preferring to dribble rather than pass and move. Yes, can be cavaeted by the lack of midfield.

I like him, but he is still very raw and for me doesn't warrant starting ahead of McNulty, beavon or Andreu at the minute. Still worth bringing him on to cause havok in the closing stages of games.

Don't think the CT have helped bigging him up based on 5-10 minutes in the league games. I also agree with FP Vincente does a really important role for the team.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Disagree, Vincenti plays an important role. It's not broke.

which is why, although I'd personally prefer Nazon over Beavon I think we should stick with what's worked so far.
Although he works hard I just think Beavon doesn't create enough for a forward, but while it seems to be working keep it as it is.

covcity4life

I don't get the beavon hating either and I don't see why Nazon is so highly rated.

In both league games he has came on the last 5-10 minutes with us already 2-0 up against tired defenders and the game stretched.

I thought he was so-so vs Blackburn. He did one or two good things, yes and scored but a lot of the time he held on to the ball far too long and rarely beat his man when preferring to dribble rather than pass and move. Yes, can be cavaeted by the lack of midfield.

I like him, but he is still very raw and for me doesn't warrant starting ahead of McNulty, beavon or Andreu at the minute. Still worth bringing him on to cause havok in the closing stages of games.

Don't think the CT have helped bigging him up based on 5-10 minutes in the league games. I also agree with FP Vincente does a really important role for the team.

no one is hating beavon, but he hasnt playes especially well thats all. works hard but not really held up ball well imo and not done anything from attacking pov,agaisnt grimbsby he messed up a chance to shoot from rebound or cross and instead hardly conencted with the ball.

that said hes a good player and one i really wnated to keep, i would not drop him if we continue to win, his work rate still helps players alongside him after all and sooner or later his own individual form will pick up

i would cautiona bout making ducken your new boo boy too, hes done well in his sub appreances and got a goal vs a good blackburn team,what more can we ask of him? he tired after 70mins vs blackburn sure but we did alot of chasing around that game. we are in league 2 and he has undoubted talent compared to majority of players in the league imo from what i have seen so far.

there are not many negatives to find in either beaven or ducken imo,and long may that continue

oucho

For me, it's early in the season and it'd be good to offer chances to everyone. Nazon has looked very exciting and must be worth a go. IMO you're not an automatic selection even if you've played well in the previous game we're winning games. It's a squad-based game so you need to find your best combination. Don't hate Beavon but we will not know whether he's preferable to Nazon unless we start Nazon a few times.

clint van damme

For me, it's early in the season and it'd be good to offer chances to everyone. Nazon has looked very exciting and must be worth a go. IMO you're not an automatic selection even if you've played well in the previous game we're winning games. It's a squad-based game so you need to find your best combination. Don't hate Beavon but we will not know whether he's preferable to Nazon unless we start Nazon a few times.

Nazons movement is very good, surprised me for a young player. Maybe not much of a bench mark when comparing him to Agyei and Wright last season.

Bertola

Beavon has to play for me. Reminds me of Danny Welbeck, in that he's not the most prolific, but the teams he plays for always play better when he's on the pitch.

oucho

Beavon has to play for me. Reminds me of Danny Welbeck, in that he's not the most prolific, but the teams he plays for always play better when he's on the pitch.
Stuart Beavon reminds you of Danny Welbeck? Time to go back on your medication, I think!

stupot07

no one is hating beavon, but he hasnt playes especially well thats all. works hard but not really held up ball well imo and not done anything from attacking pov,agaisnt grimbsby he messed up a chance to shoot from rebound or cross and instead hardly conencted with the ball.

that said hes a good player and one i really wnated to keep, i would not drop him if we continue to win, his work rate still helps players alongside him after all and sooner or later his own individual form will pick up

i would cautiona bout making ducken your new boo boy too, hes done well in his sub appreances and got a goal vs a good blackburn team,what more can we ask of him? he tired after 70mins vs blackburn sure but we did alot of chasing around that game. we are in league 2 and he has undoubted talent compared to majority of players in the league imo from what i have seen so far.

there are not many negatives to find in either beaven or ducken imo,and long may that continue
Why would I make Nazon my boo boy?

I'm just saying that i don't think he's done enough to push himself above beavon in the pecking order, and its hard to judge a player only playing 5-10 minutes against a tiring defence and the game stretched with us 2-0 up. At the minute Robins agrees which is why Beavon is above him in the pecking order.

covcity4life

Why would I make Nazon my boo boy?

I'm just saying that i don't think he's done enough to push himself above beavon in the pecking order, and its hard to judge a player only playing 5-10 minutes against a tiring defence and the game stretched with us 2-0 up. At the minute Robins agrees which is why Beavon is above him in the pecking order.

Which is exactly what i am saying too. Ur first post just smacked of everyone else likes him so i will hate him kinda thing

Love them.both because we can right now is all im saying.

Users who are viewing this thread