3/4 Of a million pound a week (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

in China for Costa - 30 million wages per year after tax - i know it's not ccfc related but ,come on ... that's just crazy money .

Bob Latchford

Bob Latchford

Give us £40million for Jordan Turnbull
No chance ! 50 mill easy !!
Mind , if it gets rid of the over paid AVERAGE mercenaries , could be a good thing long term for the premiership and English players.

Terry Gibson's perm

Most of the players that are going there are the expected types South Americans and Africans.

Abramovic has said he is not interested in selling.

I saw a couple of games from there total rubbish standard, poor pitches and empty grounds.

I do think though in time if they progress they will be invited in the champions league in Europe to cement that market and easily allow a final there.

trevelfarandwide

Well, Chinese industry is booming, commerce is excellent, the rich are stinkingly rich and the poor sods in the overcrowded towers are sleeping 5 to a room.

Serious money to be pocketed in Chinese Football, I can see a mass exodus of top-tier talent to Chinese shores within a year or so - it's inevitable. £750 000 a week? I mean c'mon, that's downright obscene money. I remember choking on my Tango when I heard Dion Dublin wanted £20k a week off us, back in the day...

Terry Gibson's perm

Well, Chinese industry is booming, commerce is excellent, the rich are stinkingly rich and the poor sods in the overcrowded towers are sleeping 5 to a room.

Serious money to be pocketed in Chinese Football, I can see a mass exodus of top-tier talent to Chinese shores within a year or so - it's inevitable. £750 000 a week? I mean c'mon, that's downright obscene money. I remember choking on my Tango when I heard Dion Dublin wanted £20k a week off us, back in the day...

John Barnes 10k a week at Liverpool seemed massive at the time how much would they pay him now

Terry Gibson's perm

There was somebody I heard talking about this and certain members of the Chinese government are not impressed by this as the original idea was to improve the national team not fill the league with mercenaries, in rugby they are trying to build it gradually and all based on the national team.

I bet Beckham is pig sick as they would have paid him a fortune.

trevelfarandwide

John Barnes 10k a week at Liverpool seemed massive at the time how much would they pay him now
Dunno, he's let himself go a bit. ;-)

I know what you mean though, football always throws us these wage-related milestones, but they never fail to shock the supporters/working class.

A player like Barnes, with his status/marketability and clear talent would easily be raking in about £250 000p/w these days.

trevelfarandwide

There was somebody I heard talking about this and certain members of the Chinese government are not impressed by this as the original idea was to improve the national team not fill the league with mercenaries, in rugby they are trying to build it gradually and all based on the national team.

I bet Beckham is pig sick as they would have paid him a fortune.

Yep, not exactly fulfilling their communistic values is it? :)

Becks was on £400k a week at LA wasn't he? That was over a decade ago too, if my memory serves correctly. Still, probably not enough for him, bless him.

Terry Gibson's perm

Dunno, he's let himself go a bit. ;-)

:emoji_laughing:

I know what you mean though, football always throws us these wage-related milestones, but they never fail to shock the supporters/working class.

A player like Barnes, with his status/marketability and clear talent would easily be raking in about £250 000p/w these days.

Skyblueweeman

The one thing that it could be good for, for you English is it might give younger English players a chance if all the foreign players fork off to China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefdave

This is just someone else doing to the PL what the PL have been doing to lower division teams for years. Of course now they will complain about it and moan that it is unfair.

Terry Gibson's perm

Where is all the money coming from?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

From you and I buying their products and the people at the bottom getting nothing where the ones at the top get everything

higgs

Vultures they are called. Unlucky for us they aren't very good at what they do. Sisu should be making massive profits now if they invested in distressed properties as opposed to legal battles

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread