30 years ago today (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

I'm 28. I wasn't born so I'll ask the question. On the way home from Hillsborough, in the car, were you feeling slightly better than you do now?

CovBurty

I'm 28. I wasn't born so I'll ask the question. On the way home from Hillsborough, in the car, were you feeling slightly better than you do now?
What about 50 years ago? Jimmy Hills sky blue army about to gain promotion to old div1. He must be turning in his grave. To see this shower of shite now. A disgrace to the shirt. Robins mentions putting down a marker at the lowest point!! We are not anywhere near that yet. Shocking set of players.

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

What about 50 years ago? Jimmy Hills sky blue army about to gain promotion to old div1. He must be turning in his grave. To see this shower of shite now. A disgrace to the shirt. Robins mentions putting down a marker at the lowest point!! We are not anywhere near that yet. Shocking set of players.

The worst thing about all this is that the worst is yet to come.

vow

Was that the 1/4 or Semi-final, CJ?
didn't go to the 1/4 final but yes, was a lot happier coming home from the semi.

Astute

The QF was the best laugh I have ever had before and after a game. On the way home we did a pub crawl through Sheffield. But we did it driving. By the time our driver had parked up and got in the pub half the time we were ready to go again.

Just before 11pm we found a social club. They didn't want to let us in. But we got in. It was full of older people. They did a stay back. The beer was flowing. Must have been the first time the place saw life. My last memory of the place was little old ladies doing the cancan with their skirts around their necks :smuggrin:

Eventually we left there about 1:30am. They wouldn't let us go until we promised to go back next time we were in Sheffield. Such a shame that we didn't know where it was :D

torchomatic

We felt amazing and in shock. We had to pinch ourselves after every round as this wasn't what we were used to. I was 21 so only really knew relegation scraps, i was too young to have experienced the JH revolution. The highlight before that for me was Gibbo scoring a hattrick against Liverpool.

Thirty years. Bloody hell.

W

westcountry_skyblue

I went up in a minibus full of lads from the Devonshire arms in Wyken,We got stopped by old bill in Sheffield and had the cans of beer we had left confiscated.Great game stood right behind the goal in the leppings lane end,But when Cyrille scored I ended up about twenty foot away it was that packed.
On the way home we stopped in Loughborough and had a pub crawl and remember it kicking off with some locals,
Great times,I hope we see those times again sometime,A team with fight and Nous!

Adge

Just watched that Cyrille goal again.
"Now, Regis with just Hodge to beat-and he has!".
Great times. Happy and sad at the same time when watching that as reality kicks back in and people like Tudgay et al couldn't even lace his boots.

Astute

I went up in a minibus full of lads from the Devonshire arms in Wyken,We got stopped by old bill in Sheffield and had the cans of beer we had left confiscated.Great game stood right behind the goal in the leppings lane end,But when Cyrille scored I ended up about twenty foot away it was that packed.
On the way home we stopped in Loughborough and had a pub crawl and remember it kicking off with some locals,
Great times,I hope we see those times again sometime,A team with fight and Nous!
We lost our beer getting onto the motorway at Coventry. But we had much more they didn't see so it didn't stop the party.

I ended up nowhere near where I started each goal. I got crushed against a crush barrier after one goal.

Astute

We felt amazing and in shock. We had to pinch ourselves after every round as this wasn't what we were used to. I was 21 so only really knew relegation scraps, i was too young to have experienced the JH revolution. The highlight before that for me was Gibbo scoring a hattrick against Liverpool.

Thirty years. Bloody hell.
You are older than me. I had just celebrated my 19th birthday :D

Users who are viewing this thread