3rd option re: Goldie (1 Viewer)

Run his contract down at forest, sign for us in the summer if/when we get promoted? If not sign for another team then

smileycov

Facebook User
I think he would rather be playing Football. I am sure if we had the money (even a little) regular football, good form and location would keep him here, the only saving grace is IF no one comes in for him....Top goal scorer not massive fee, not gonna happen sadly.

torchomatic

4th option. Kidnap him and tell him that if he doesn't sign he will have to live in Coventry rather than in Warwickshire. He'd sign in an instant.

dongonzalos

Tell forest he intends to run down his contract so he can get the best deal for himself in the summer as a freebie.

Hopefully they allow him to stay with us on loan to the end of the season. As we will continue to pay a portion of his wages reducing his costs.

He may fancy it as he fancies himself to bang in 30 goals.

The demand for him on the back of that would increase.

Pros for him big signing on fee as a free agent. More clubs will want him as a free agent. Gets to continue enjoying his football.

Negatives for him he gets a serious injury and has limited security.

Possible deal scuppers

Forest decide to have him on the bench
A good offer comes in for him anyway he decides to forget about the juicy signing on fee.
He goes on loan to a championship club to do the same thing above.

marcus87

I'll reckon we'll get him he's only had one good season before this one and that was in the 08-09 (scoring 12) , he'll be 300k max and he don't have to move house so I don't see why he would wanna move anywhere else

stupot07

I'll reckon we'll get him he's only had one good season before this one and that was in the 08-09 (scoring 12) , he'll be 300k max and he don't have to move house so I don't see why he would wanna move anywhere else

£300k max is a huge amount of money for us. Any more than £150k then we have no chance.

sky blue john

When will fisher anounce its ACL's fault and the rent which is the reason we failed to sign McG. ready made excuse you heard it here first.

skybluegod

£300k max is a huge amount of money for us. Any more than £150k then we have no chance.

I disagree 300k is easy we payed 400k for cody and that was in the season when he was the only player we brought outfield in summer. So this season which seems like we have like better backing we should be able to pay that much?

stupot07

I disagree 300k is easy we payed 400k for cody and that was in the season when he was the only player we brought outfield in summer. So this season which seems like we have like better backing we should be able to pay that much?

We paid £400k for cody when we were in the championship, we have lost £4m through relegation, the fees and wages go towards the FFP rules and we have already been told that the 'player budget' (I.e wages, bonus's, fees, etc is about £4m. £300k plus wages is a very big chunk. If there was lots of cash about why did we only pay a fee (£100k) for one player this summer?

Grendel

I think the fact we paid more for McDonald than we would need to for mcgoldrick is the most depressing thought of all.

Waldorf

The only way McGoldrick will sign is if Ms Seppala decides it's worth a punt to get promotion. But she seems to me like the sort of person who would see it as throwing good (ie her) monhey after bad (her investors).

stupot07

The times of us 'taking a punt' are over, there is a budget and that is exactly what we'll stick to.

Users who are viewing this thread