4th bloody heart attack! (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Sorry to hear it :(

Nice break away though, waited on hand and foot? :)
Cheers Nick. Bit embarrassing at times because these days, they insert the catheter through your wrist, but because of my previous heart history, they had to go via my groin artery. Embarrassing back on the ward afterwards with all these student doctors and nurses coming in looking at my groin, on display and all bruised and swollen, and me wearing nothing but a thin hospital gown and a grin!

Terry Gibson's perm

Cheers Nick. Bit embarrassing at times because these days, they insert the catheter through your wrist, but because of my previous heart history, they had to go via my groin artery. Embarrassing back on the ward afterwards with all these student doctors and nurses coming in looking at my groin, on display and all bruised and swollen, and me wearing nothing but a thin hospital gown and a grin!

I am sure they weren't to worried must have seen a few groins in their time;)

Managed to beat the family heart attack curse - father and grandfather passed away very young age 44 and 54 respectively.

But instead I've been lumbered with Parkinson's Disease, Prostrate Cancer and Cancer which has now jumped to my lower back and is spreading.

But we carry on don't we Houch - still going to the Palace of Dreams in support of our beloved team but finding it a bit awkward these days but thanks to my two buddies Cloughie and Andy manage to see most of the games via a jet propelled wheelchair.

Season ticket now in Legends which is absolutely spot on for seat access and disabled facilities.

So best of luck in your recovery Houch things can only get better

torchomatic

Jesus we're a right bunch of crocks on here! Take care and look after yourself.

olderskyblue

Ask them to take the pain away, but leave the swelling. :-;

Houchens Head

Managed to beat the family heart attack curse - father and grandfather passed away very young age 44 and 54 respectively.

But instead I've been lumbered with Parkinson's Disease, Prostrate Cancer and Cancer which has now jumped to my lower back and is spreading.

But we carry on don't we Houch - still going to the Palace of Dreams in support of our beloved team but finding it a bit awkward these days but thanks to my two buddies Cloughie and Andy manage to see most of the games via a jet propelled wheelchair.

Season ticket now in Legends which is absolutely spot on for seat access and disabled facilities.

So best of luck in your recovery Houch things can only get better
Us old buggers gotta take care of the young whipper-snappers on here eh, JR? ;)

torchomatic

Gazolba

<snip> Just got out of hospital today (Fri) after having another 3 stents inserted into various bits around my ticker!
<snip> :joyful:
I have four of them myself.
My guess is you're a big meat eater and not an avid exerciser. That's what clogs the arteries. All of us should really be vegetarians, it's the only healthy way to eat. And we all need more exercise. I hope you're not a smoker, that is a death sentence. Good luck.

Houchens Head

I have four of them myself.
My guess is you're a big meat eater and not an avid exerciser. That's what clogs the arteries. All of us should really be vegetarians, it's the only healthy way to eat. And we all need more exercise. I hope you're not a smoker, that is a death sentence. Good luck.
I now have six stents plus a double bypass 14 years ago. Ex smoker, don't eat processed food, I eat loads of vegetables coz I love 'em, used to be very fit (didn't give up playing footie until I was 45), used to do a bit of mountain climbing, also pot-holing and caving. I try to steer clear of red meat and because I live where I do, I catch all my own fish to eat e.g. mackerel, bass and plaice. Unfortunately, due to chronic arthritis which has crippled my knees, I no longer do as much exercise as I used to apart from walking my dog every day. Sod gyms at my age!

Gazolba

I now have six stents plus a double bypass 14 years ago. Ex smoker, don't eat processed food, I eat loads of vegetables coz I love 'em, used to be very fit (didn't give up playing footie until I was 45), used to do a bit of mountain climbing, also pot-holing and caving. I try to steer clear of red meat and because I live where I do, I catch all my own fish to eat e.g. mackerel, bass and plaice. Unfortunately, due to chronic arthritis which has crippled my knees, I no longer do as much exercise as I used to apart from walking my dog every day. Sod gyms at my age!
Sounds like you are doing as much as you can. The other thing is avoiding stress. I used to get annoyed at the littlest things but now I am consciously much calmer. It's much easier now that I am divorced. My ex-wife was the main stress-inducer in my life.

bringbackrattles

Okay Houch just saw this thread so sorry bit late in getting back. Sorry to hear about another heart attack must be scary ? Then again you sound chirpy ! I was in the pub a couple of weeks back when I had a pain in my chest,my mate said to me if I was okay ? Laughed it off and carried on drinking.
Next day it came back but went in a local chemist as didn't fancy go to the hospital,and the chemist reckoned it was indigestion.Anyway had a course of tablets and it's worked well. Lager don't help does it as it's full of chemicals. Up and down ladders is the only gym work I need these days ! But if it comes back I'll get it checked out,as even though we are both Gulson hospital babies,we aren't immortal ! Take it easy.

Houchens Head

Okay Houch just saw this thread so sorry bit late in getting back. Sorry to hear about another heart attack must be scary ? Then again you sound chirpy ! I was in the pub a couple of weeks back when I had a pain in my chest,my mate said to me if I was okay ? Laughed it off and carried on drinking.
Next day it came back but went in a local chemist as didn't fancy go to the hospital,and the chemist reckoned it was indigestion.Anyway had a course of tablets and it's worked well. Lager don't help does it as it's full of chemicals. Up and down ladders is the only gym work I need these days ! But if it comes back I'll get it checked out,as even though we are both Gulson hospital babies,we aren't immortal ! Take it easy.
Gulson Babies Rock! :smuggrin: ;) :happy:

Sky Blue Harry H

Just caught this thread, having seen Torch's a couple of weeks ago. Spent nearly every summer on the IOW as a kid, Houch (often at Lake, between Sandown and Shanklin). Many happy memories, so I always smile when you make a reference to the island in your posts. Really hope you pull through all of this and try to ignore the City results until you feel able to cope with that added stress. Good luck to you, and all fellow Sky Blurs who are goine through non City ailments.

Otis

Just caught this thread, having seen Torch's a couple of weeks ago. Spent nearly every summer on the IOW as a kid, Houch (often at Lake, between Sandown and Shanklin). Many happy memories, so I always smile when you make a reference to the island in your posts. Really hope you pull through all of this and try to ignore the City results until you feel able to cope with that added stress. Good luck to you, and all fellow Sky Blurs who are goine through non City ailments.
You ARE bloody late, Harry.

He's probably had his 5th by now.

Houchens Head

Thanks Harry. I took my wee dog out today for a walk around Carisbrooke Castle (about ½ mile from where I live). Just got back an hour ago. Here's a few pics..............

Attachments

• IMG_2871.jpg
    IMG_2871.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2903.jpg
    IMG_2903.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2911.jpg
    IMG_2911.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_2938.jpg
    IMG_2938.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2940.jpg
    IMG_2940.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 9

Sky Blue Harry H

Thanks Harry. I took my wee dog out today for a walk around Carisbrooke Castle (about ½ mile from where I live). Just got back an hour ago. Here's a few pics..............

Cheers Houch. Know/knew the IOW really well as a kid. Only real recollection of Newport (not an obvious tourist attraction as I recall?!) was being dropped off by my parents (we always went with another family) and watching Half a Sixpence (Tommy Steele) at the pictures with their daughter(dead now, God rest your soul Judith). It must have bordered on child neglect (not just the film!), as I think we would have only been 8 at the time (released in 1967) and I'm pretty sure they just collected us at the end. I also used to take a bunch of kids for a walk along the coast from near Seaview, St Helens, Bembridge towards Sandown, cut inland to Brading and back tSeaview. We'd be out for most of the day (no phones) without seeing parents - 6 or 7 of us,all below 13 years old. All Enid Blyton style adventurers! Happy memories, and thanks for the pictures.

Houchens Head

Cheers Houch. Know/knew the IOW really well as a kid. Only real recollection of Newport (not an obvious tourist attraction as I recall?!) was being dropped off by my parents (we always went with another family) and watching Half a Sixpence (Tommy Steele) at the pictures with their daughter(dead now, God rest your soul Judith). It must have bordered on child neglect (not just the film!), as I think we would have only been 8 at the time (released in 1967) and I'm pretty sure they just collected us at the end. I also used to take a bunch of kids for a walk along the coast from near Seaview, St Helens, Bembridge towards Sandown, cut inland to Brading and back tSeaview. We'd be out for most of the day (no phones) without seeing parents - 6 or 7 of us,all below 13 years old. All Enid Blyton style adventurers! Happy memories, and thanks for the pictures.
We've been here nearly 7 years and first lived in Totland Bay on the West Wight for about 2 years. I loved it but the missus didn't. It was too quiet for her. So we moved to Newport. Where we are is just on the edge of the town (Carisbrooke side), but near enough to be able to walk into town for the shops etc. I love the East of the island - not so much Ryde - but the places you mention, Seaview, St Helens, Bembridge etc. Some lovely beaches. The only thing about Ryde that I like is the pier coz, I enjoy fishing off it! Other than that, it's become a real chavvy place. The tourist don't see the murky side of life there.
Anyway, as with everyone on the forum, I always say, if you are ever on the island and fancy a meet-up and a pint, let me know!

The Reverend Skyblue

Just come across this thread as I don't usually check off topic.
Anyway hope both you HH and skybluericoh are feeling well at the moment. Eat well and rest enough and I'm sure you will be around to see us play in the Prem one day, yes that long
Best Regards to the both of you

Users who are viewing this thread