5 things from today's game (1 Viewer)

ptr

1) formation again awful, we are crying out for a 4-4-2 with out and out wingers.

2) marshall ripped us apart at times, his willingness to commit a defender and to get forward at every opportunity is something we could really do with. Burning with pace always said last year that with a pre season under his belt he could be a very good player at this level..

3) stokes finally looked out of his depth, like the lad but was found out by marshall and moore, too slow and casual at times...what has haynes done wrong??

4) same players under-performing, williams and Jackson came on and yet again offered nothing, no pace no strength nothing. Anyone know where williams actually plays?

5) for me martin is a liability, not seen a defender look so uncomfortable on the ball for a while not even at this level, distribution is awful and has a mistake in him every time he has the ball. Count ourselves we have Pennington covering every time martin messes up.

Embarrassingly posted yesterday about us beating port vale with ease I'll think twice next time. Fair play to them they dug in and were clinical, best of luck to them.

SkyBlueScottie

Thing is, the same problems were evident under Pressley, yet the majority on here said he was to blame. We looked worse today than we did last week.

SkyBlueScottie

We said as he lined up on his far post he was too far over, h let then took another step towards the post as he took the free kick.

ecky

Thing is, the same problems were evident under Pressley, yet the majority on here said he was to blame. We looked worse today than we did last week.

Sisu are now reaping the fruits of their sell sell sell policy....loan loan loan policy.

letsallsingtogether

Burgess is utter shite. Everyone knew where that free kick was going

I thought he kept the score down myself.

lets face it the players are lazy didn't even compete for 60/40 balls that were in there favour.

IN Fact the only good thing about today is we had free tickets.

steveecov

Sorry ptr, but take Pennington out and the defence, I feel, would be bottom 4. Reda plays we have a chance. Just NOT good enough otherwise. 5-0, 3-0, 4-2. I bet the draw and 2-2. Bookies beat me ,but at least I get a sweat.

oucho

Don't criticise a player unless you can get his name right.

steveecov

I thought he kept the score down myself.

lets face it the players are lazy didn't even compete for 60/40 balls that were in there favour.

IN Fact the only good thing about today is we had free tickets.

Never get free ticks......damn annoying....hang on, postie.....More bloody bills.

ptr

I Agree Steve that's what I am getting at, lucky to have him. MOM for me today. Hopefully can keep him for next season natural leader.

stupot07

6) our midfield has no leadership or experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

oucho

This is SP's team so of course they will play the same.

Otis

We simply are not good enough. That is very clearly apparent.

We may have some decent individual players, but as a team we are dreadful and once again the middle of the park is one hell of a massive concern. This should have been addressed a long, long time ago.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Stokes isn't up to this level and we need a proper defensive midfielder are the two main things that I took from the game.

Otis

Another thing is, that once again we didn't make the opposition goalkeeper work for his money. Just how many saves did he make today? None wasn't it?

KersleyDigs

SP's inability to judge player ability alongside SISU's off field tactics has left us with a terrible squad. Watching Baker then Marshall who Pressley decided weren't good enough tear us apart speaks volumes.

Otis

The majority of people never claimed Pressley was solely to blame for anything however.

The squad is desperately short in key areas, most notably, in goal and the bleedin midfield, which has been a liability all season long.

stupot07

Another thing is, that once again we didn't make the opposition goalkeeper work for his money. Just how many saves did he make today? None wasn't it?

No, I don't believe he made a save of note.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Hobo

Players aren't good enough. That was apparent under Pressley. A lot of this is down to transfer embargoes and General recruitment policy. Perhaps some fans will start to wake up and face reality rather than keep slagging off who ever happens to be the manager.

a lot of work needs to be done at this club on and off the training field.

Otis

But the manager was awful too, it's not like it can only either be one or the other.

Yep. Feel we will do much better under Mowbray.

The players aren't good enough, but even though SP's hands were tied, it was he who brought the players in he did and it was he who simply did not address the massive problem we have in the middle of the park.

Instead of bringing in eleventy billion strikers in, he should have brought in two central midfielders.

Sky Blue Harry H

Please let Bradford have a few injuries after today's game. I'm praying to the great football gods in the sky for any help we can get. If we go to Crawley for the last game needing a point, I'm worried :(

torchomatic

Marshall. Another strange decision by Pressley to let him go.

Hincha

I find it incredible that we haven't got a central midfielder in despite it being one of our biggest problems all season.

ptr

I find it incredible that we haven't got a central midfielder in despite it being one of our biggest problems all season.

Need a Dennis Wise type player. No nonsense, gets stuck in, scores goals. Most teams we play in this league seem to have a veteran in the middle of park holding it all together.

SkyblueBazza

Or was he TOLD?

Most likely he had to decide who & how many to clear out to achieve a salary budget. To keep the better players we would have had an overall squad half the strength of how weak it is anyway. It's a no win situation.
But hey let's pat the senior management & owners on the back because we are "cash flow positive" (apparently) & all that.

PUSB

Gazolba

Incomprehensible. But a bigger mistake was letting Baker go. And allowing us to face a relegation battle without an experienced goalie, especially when we already had one, is unforgivable. I cannot foresee anything but relegation.

Nick

Administrator
Or was he TOLD?

Most likely he had to decide who & how many to clear out to achieve a salary budget. To keep the better players we would have had an overall squad half the strength of how weak it is anyway. It's a no win situation.
But hey let's pat the senior management & owners on the back because we are "cash flow positive" (apparently) & all that.

PUSB

Baker said it was down to Pressley him going didn't he? So god knows.

Calista

Burgess is utter shite. Everyone knew where that free kick was going

I don’t see how you can blame the keeper if a guy bends one just inside the post, over the wall and at pace. I was more worried by Burge stepping back and actually widening the angle for the second goal. As with Stokes, we can’t afford to have lads learning their trade in this relegation scrap.

Users who are viewing this thread