6,951 (1 Viewer)

singers_pore

Lowest attendance for a Saturday home game in Coventry since 1958. More than 3,000 lower than the opening day game, although the number of away fans was also lower than normal for today's game.

Do SISU have any plans about how to generate more interest from the people of Coventry? Do they fuck?

There are so many easy things SISU could do that wouldn't cost any money (or very little money). There are also lots of things they could do to increase revenues. They just don't care.

Kingokings204

On the other side of that coin I think 7k is a lot for a shitty league 2 match that was absolute dross.

pusbccfc

It will be between 5500 and 6000 on Tuesday.

Otis

The weather may have put a few off too. Had forecast thunder and lightning and potential downpours.

Have to say though that Port Vale and their non football would put many a paying customer off.

ccfctommy

Lowest attendance for a Saturday home game in Coventry since 1958. More than 3,000 lower than the opening day game, although the number of away fans was also lower than normal for today's game.

Do SISU have any plans about how to generate more interest from the people of Coventry? Do they fuck?

There are so many easy things SISU could do that wouldn't cost any money (or very little money). There are also lots of things they could do to increase revenues. They just don't care.

Win a few more games and there will be 10k gates on Saturdays.

letsallsingtogether

The weather may have put a few off too. Had forecast thunder and lightning and potential downpours.

Have to say though that Port Vale and their non football would put many a paying customer off.
They were moaning on facebook about it being 29 quid for a ticket and a pie.

Adge

They were moaning on facebook about it being 29 quid for a ticket and a pie.
And there would be some truth in that! Think the chickens are now coming home to roost with the walk up prices and the gates that will reflect that. Think lots of people said that the attendances would be 6-7000 on average. Think we will be lucky to get 6000 Tuesday.

Adge

Wasn't the weather the same everywhere?

ps1948

When away fans are paying £20 at many Premier league games, it's appalling that the fans who decide to attend on the day have to pay so much, and fair play to the Port Vale fans if they did have to pay £29

Otis

Wasn't the weather the same everywhere?
Not sure weather works like that, otherwise when they do the weather on TV they would just do a general one for the UK and it would be a 13 second report.

Cov kid 55

I have no stats, but from talking to people around me, most seem to live outside the city, it wouldn't surprise me if as a %, more have stopped going from inside cov, than those living outside of cov.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Interesting, and well done Hampshire boys. I live near Newcastle and get to as many games as I can, mainly away - which means that over the last few (many) years, I've seen very few victories!

lifeskyblue

We travel from Leicester...so not too far. Today we were in corporate so took the wife as well as our lad. So that was one more on the gate than we usually have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pastythegreat

When away fans are paying £20 at many Premier league games, it's appalling that the fans who decide to attend on the day have to pay so much, and fair play to the Port Vale fans if they did have to pay £29
Nobody in the premier charges £20 for away fans. There was 1 club that agreed to twenties plenty out of the entire football league 92! That was us, so today would of been £20 in advance. If they've walked up and paid it'll be £22. And unless they charge away fans differently, no pie is costing anybody £7. And if they paid that, well that's their own stupid fucking faults!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Adge

Not sure weather works like that, otherwise when they do the weather on TV they would just do a general one for the UK and it would be a 13 second report.
They would indeed! Think you got the idea though ref weather and it doesn't have a massive bearing on walk up etc. Traditionaly, Boxing Day/New years day is the best attendance at football and is when the weather is probably the worst/coldest aswell.

Tommo72

Port Vale support piss poor couldn't have been many more than 300 and I didn't hear them sing once!!!

As for Cov, pretty much par for the course to be honest....be more of that for sure.

Captain Dart

Won't be many away fans on Tues night travelling from Carllise!

Astute

I drive down from South Yorkshire but it gets harder every week.
Just arrived back home after stuck on M1 in pouring rain. Must be mad !!
Pouring rain? Was a bit breezy all night. But got dragged out shopping when I got up late morning. Ended up sitting outside a pub in glorious sunshine when finished.

Astute

Can't see them bringing more than 100, hell of a journey for a night game
The journey isn't that bad. It is 1 road all the way. But work gets in the way. Didn't go today as was on nights last night. Won't be going Tuesday as back in work 5am Wednesday morning.

Greggs

More or less the lowest scorers in the league combined with the tightest defense, equals about 6 pints pre match and sit there staring at the inbred away fans. Never used to get pissed before the match, but now cram all the medication in me possible. Thank fuck we won today, would have been hard to get any more twatted before the next home game!

ps1948

Nobody in the premier charges £20 for away fans. There was 1 club that agreed to twenties plenty out of the entire football league 92! That was us, so today would of been £20 in advance. If they've walked up and paid it'll be £22. And unless they charge away fans differently, no pie is costing anybody £7. And if they paid that, well that's their own stupid fucking faults!

Southampton - via sponsorship from Virgin Media - are charging £20 for away fans at all of their Premiership matches this season. The rest of the Premiership has adopted a £30 away fan charge - given the higher quality of much of the football, I think our £22 (without the pie!) is still dreadful.

pastythegreat

That's not a Southampton thing! That's a virgin media thing. As an away fan for the premier, if you pay more than £20, VM will refund the difference.

pastythegreat

Southampton - via sponsorship from Virgin Media - are charging £20 for away fans at all of their Premiership matches this season. The rest of the Premiership has adopted a £30 away fan charge - given the higher quality of much of the football, I think our £22 (without the pie!) is still dreadful.
Virgin Media

SkyblueBazza

That's the kind of excuse my old man used to give for Walsall's paltry gates.

We are in L2 - people in the main that would be arsed if we were playing Stoke or Southampton or the likes in the Prem, simply cannot be arsed to watch us play Port Vale in L2.
Let's face it - they have turned us into a small club

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Genuinely thought I'd got it mixed up and we weren't at home it was so quiet approaching the Ricoh. The biggest problem with crowds this low is it makes moving away from the Ricoh at the end of the season more likely. The lower the crowds the easier it is for Fisher to justly moving somewhere smaller.
Pretty crap to be honest but let's face it football is waaaaay overpriced these days.
It is but that's not the fault of CCFC and / or SISU. And given are lack of access to revenue streams we're not really in a position to be leading the charge on this.

Users who are viewing this thread