6,951 (1 Viewer)

Limey

Genuinely thought I'd got it mixed up and we weren't at home it was so quiet approaching the Ricoh. The biggest problem with crowds this low is it makes moving away from the Ricoh at the end of the season more likely. The lower the crowds the easier it is for Fisher to justly moving somewhere smaller.

It is but that's not the fault of CCFC and / or SISU. And given are lack of access to revenue streams we're not really in a position to be leading the charge on this.
Agreed, it's a worry. Completely understand the torment/torture under sisu but you'd think 10k fans from Coventry is reasonable estimate per game?

chiefdave

Agreed, it's a worry. Completely understand the torment/torture under sisu but you'd think 10k fans from Coventry is reasonable estimate per game?
I'd hope for around 10K. You also have to think that today was our first home game when people aren't away on holiday as the schools are back now. If we're not even reaching 7K now what will we be down to at Xmas if we're 'only' in mid table.

Liberty Way holds 4,615, Butts holds 3,000. At what point do they, albeit with some work required to bring them up to FL standard, become viable options.

Nuneaton in particular is a concern. Upgrade the South Terrance and extend the Main Stand (which I think they already have a plan for) and you're already over 5K capacity. Add in a temporary stand and you wouldn't be too far off our current attendances.

How far is Liberty Way from the Ricoh, something like 5 miles. No way the FL are saying no to that if its up to the required standard.

letsallsingtogether

Radical thinking but how about going two hours without eating if the pies are so expensive.
Depends on what time you left home, so if you come by coach can take up to 2 hours just to get here, arrive about an hour early.
So leaving your house at about 11 - 11.30 could be peckish by 4.00.

covcity4life

Its not exactly a great day out lstely lol even when we win

Lets just hope we stay in top 3 and that attendences rise as season goes on

rupert_bear

Can't see them bringing more than 100, hell of a journey for a night game
In 1967 I was on special train number 3 for the long away trip to Carlisle on a. FRIDAY night, we lost 2-0. Remember playing bingo on the way home and won 8 quid a. fortune for a 15 year old back in the day.
Got back to Cov about 2 in the morning and walked back to Radford had to knock the old man up to get in so he wasn't too happy either.

rupert_bear

In 1967 I was on special train number 3 for the long away trip to Carlisle on a. FRIDAY night, we lost 2-0. Remember playing bingo on the way home and won 8 quid a. fortune for a 15 year old back in the day.
Got back to Cov about 2 in the morning and walked back to Radford had to knock the old man up to get in so he wasn't too pleased /QUOTE]

itsabuzzard

Depends on what time you left home, so if you come by coach can take up to 2 hours just to get here, arrive about an hour early.
So leaving your house at about 11 - 11.30 could be peckish by 4.00.
Get yersen a giant fuck-off snap box and cram it full of your favourite things. Sorted.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Cov kid 55

Got back to Cov about 2 in the morning and walked back to Radford had to knock the old man up to get in so he wasn't too happy either.
Where did you live in Redford? I was living on Lydgate Road at that time.

wingy

Not sure weather works like that, otherwise when they do the weather on TV they would just do a general one for the UK and it would be a 13 second report.
It should be!
Sexed up hokum pikum.
On every bloody twenty minutes.
My app told me I had a 30% chance of getting wet between 3-5 pm yesterday. :$

Sbarcher

It should be!
Sexed up hokum pikum.
On every bloody twenty minutes.
My app told me I had a 30% chance of getting wet between 3-5 pm yesterday. :$
Which 30% of you got wet then?

rupert_bear

Where did you live in Redford? I was living on Lydgate Road at that time.

Widdrington Road., Played footie on the rec opposite Lydgate Road most days, tennis, lawn and hardcourt in the well bloomed tennis courts there. Played another type of game when older in those tennis courts too but specifics are not for divulging on here !!

Last edited:

rupert_bear

7000 will be as good as it gets unfortunately, I think we have just about had our highest gates of the season, perhaps Luton if we are both doing well but I can't see anyone else surpassing that.
What were our average gates when toxic Tim Fisher took over the reins ? The lad's done well hasn't he !

Tommo72

7000 will be as good as it gets unfortunately, I think we have just about had our highest gates of the season, perhaps Luton if we are both doing well but I can't see anyone else surpassing that.
What were our average gates when toxic Tim Fisher took over the reins ? The lad's done well hasn't he !

10k won't be a problem if we hit the top three for the season, 8-10k if we stay in the top 6, mid table obscurity will see 6-8k and anything below will see us down below 6k without doubt.

Some much better away followings to come, that was pathetic from Port Vale yday, shows you where they are at.

coop

The whole match day is shit £25 yesterday and the game was shocking. The only decent forward thinking player is young Jones I'm sure we only played one up front at home.It was a crap game against an awful team .

Tommo72

£38 on the day price for myself and my 13 year old isn't great - yes I will make him a member and that will take another £6/7 off I think but in terms of attracting fans on the day...it's clearly gonna affect footfall unless we are scoring for fun and/or in a promotion place.

Wait until the Winter hits down and we are in the bottom 6 and at home to Morcambe.....

Last edited:

fatso

If football support was all about entertainment then we'd all be Barcelona or Real Madrid fans.
Entertainment maybe the reason so many youngsters in the city support Man Utd, or Liverpool or Chelsea, Or whoever won the latest big piece of silverware. You rarely see Coventry in the press or on tv, unless there talking about how far we've fallen.
People aren't interested in a club that's surrounded in negativity.
But get to a Wembley cup final, even a Mickey Mouse one, ..... well that's a different matter.

Adge

Genuinely thought I'd got it mixed up and we weren't at home it was so quiet approaching the Ricoh. The biggest problem with crowds this low is it makes moving away from the Ricoh at the end of the season more likely. The lower the crowds the easier it is for Fisher to justly moving somewhere smaller.

It is but that's not the fault of CCFC and / or SISU. And given are lack of access to revenue streams we're not really in a position to be leading the charge on this.
It's not the fault off Ccfc/Sisu that watching football is expensive. What is thier fault is the prices that they charge on the day to watch 4th division football.

Tommo72

Good attendance for the level we play at

Despite all the Shit surrounding the club etc I think 10k has to be the target if we have a top 6 season and if we do well into early next year and promotion becomes a possibility then expect it to roll quite quickly towards 15k.

If we have a shocker and end up towards the lower half then 5k is gonna happen.

David O'Day

Despite all the Shit surrounding the club etc I think 10k has to be the target if we have a top 6 season and if we do well into early next year and promotion becomes a possibility then expect it to roll quite quickly towards 15k.

If we have a shocker and end up towards the lower half then 5k is gonna happen.
We are a league 2 team, in the top flight days we sometimes aberage 13k, once just over 10k

Tommo72

Well you are going back a long way..

A winning team will bring the fans back despite League 2 status...

chiefdave

What is thier fault is the prices that they charge on the day to watch 4th division football.
But if you think that through lowering prices on the day means lowering prices in advance which means lowering season ticket prices. That then means we are generating less ticket revenues - we've seen in the past that lowering prices doesn't equate to the required rise in attendance to maintain the same level of revenue.

So yes they can lower the prices but then we have less money and the budget Robins has gets cut. Performances get worse, people stop going, repeat until we're playing Sphinx at the Butts.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Yes I get that but it is awful nearly all of the game.I go because of habit I think .

It's a bad habit that 6,000 of us cannot kick for some reason.

Entertainment is in eye of the beholder with this, for league 4 football, what standard can we expect, I saw cov utd earlier in the year and whilst they play well, I didn't find it entertaining at the standard thy are currently playing at. For some, I guess, league 1 & now 2 are not the standard people want to pay for.

For me, the money thing has always been an excuse, apologies if I offend but the majority who go, are not exactly well off, but have enough to pay for the games and pies and beer, it's down to that entertainment/ownership, whatever factor they want to choose which stops them, it is not a money issue.
The only way to solve it is to make it a winning formula on the pitch and off the pitch, the club are competing for people's disposable income so it has to make it easy for them to take that money from people. It's not by accident that Disney have a merchandise shop after the ride, club just need the commercial clowns they've had for years removing and replacing with fresh ideas. This to me, is where the fans forums and engagements should be a huge part of enhancing the club.

Users who are viewing this thread