6,951 (1 Viewer)

Hobo

Villa got promoted in 75.

13 years of playing them. 24 Games.

I knew some smart arse would remind me of the years of pain.

fernandopartridge

Just used it as a start point but a number of people I have talked to suggested it was around that. The principle works which ever number you pick. The League 2 stats seem to suggest that for most clubs (excluding Pompey) that's the top end of attendances and it would be reasonable to assume CCFC are the biggest draw for attendances this season

The CEO's notes suggested that ST sales had surpassed their budgeted level, but I suppose that also has an impact down the line due to ST being less on an income per game basis?

oucho

Less than 6,000 tomorrow?
Not on the official announcement as all ST holders will be counted automatically even though many won't/can't show up.

Tommo72

Not on the official announcement as all ST holders will be counted automatically even though many won't/can't show up.

How many we end up with? I thought it was less than 5k? Can't see Carlisle bringing more than 300....

ccfcway

Just used it as a start point but a number of people I have talked to suggested it was around that. The principle works which ever number you pick. The League 2 stats seem to suggest that for most clubs (excluding Pompey) that's the top end of attendances and it would be reasonable to assume CCFC are the biggest draw for attendances this season

what's their population, is it even 100k ?

Not saying we should or will have one, but you do wonder what our attendance would be like with a fan owned club.

oucho

How many we end up with? I thought it was less than 5k? Can't see Carlisle bringing more than 300....
How many ST holders do we have? Take that figure and add 900 and that'll probably be the "official" attendance, which of course will be far higher than reality.

oucho

you do wonder what our attendance would be like with a fan owned club.

My first thought would be "the same as now"

My second thought would be "what do you mean by fan-owned club"? Clearly it would need the select few with deep pockets to have the biggest stakes, so essentially just like the situation before SISU came in.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The CEO's notes suggested that ST sales had surpassed their budgeted level, but I suppose that also has an impact down the line due to ST being less on an income per game basis?

The announcement on 17 August said they were above 4000 that leaves getting on for 5000 in terms of walk up home & away fans plus the corporate if they target 9000 on average. Also some season tickets carry little income as they are for the kids & JSB's etc. On an accountancy basis the income from season tickets are split over all the matches, but cash flow wise received at the start of the season.

As you say ST's are a discounted amount each match. A standard ST of £345 gives £15 per game before taking off VAT. The sales mix with concessions and freebies will take it lower in terms of the average benefit to CCFC. Historically it has been between £10 and £11 per head per match on average

4000 was a reasonable estimation, given they got the players in early, won the first two games etc but if they have budgeted on 9000 average attendance it leaves a lot of bums on seats to attract simply to balance the budget. Obviously there are player sales/compensation/add-ons to be taken in to account

I would think there is a little sweaty back office pressure for the team to succeed on the pitch. What eases that is probably the player trading side of things

Last edited:

Adge

Well tomorrow will SHFWF when we struggle to get 6000. How anyone can attempt to defend the owners when they have driven people away in their droves is beyond me. Still, some people will no doubt.
giphy.gif

ccfcway

Well tomorrow will SHFWF when we struggle to get 6000. How anyone can attempt to defend the owners when they have driven people away in their droves

he is where the line is blurred between "sisu" and "ccfc"

people will quote if ccfc do well on the pitch, it isn't down to sisu and if they do poorly, it isn't either as the manager has been backed, which I agree with.

That said, the years of neglect, disinterest and contempt for our club and its fans, is exactly why we are at less than 7k now and not the 19k when they took over.

oucho

If you think we"re getting 5k non ST holders coming to every game this season, i'll have what you're drinking

Adge

he is where the line is blurred between "sisu" and "ccfc"

people will quote if ccfc do well on the pitch, it isn't down to sisu and if they do poorly, it isn't either as the manager has been backed, which I agree with.

That said, the years of neglect, disinterest and contempt for our club and its fans, is exactly why we are at less than 7k now and not the 19k when they took over.
No line blurred for me. As you have said 19,000 down to 6,000, Championship to L2, no home, no academy base. Now people can differentiate between Ccfc and Sisu or mix the 2 up or do whatever they like with the 2 "separate entities".
This is now the reality of the situation "they" are responsible for.

letsallsingtogether

Could be overtaken by Luton tomorrow and Lincoln on Saturday.

coop

Only Luton had more Saturday and I think that was helped as they played Swindon 8455 with 800 from Swindon so we are not that far behind although tonight will be an ultimate low for a league game.

Sky-bluer1

That's the kind of excuse my old man used to give for Walsall's paltry gates.

We are in L2 - people in the main that would be arsed if we were playing Stoke or Southampton or the likes in the Prem, simply cannot be arsed to watch us play Port Vale in L2.
Let's face it - they have turned us into a small club

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread