A Country You'd Like To Visit ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Watched a programme the other night on New Zealand and since then I've been reading up on this great country.So if I could ever afford to get there that's the one country on top of my list to visit. What's the one place you want to see ?

ovduk78

Watched a programme the other night on New Zealand and since then I've been reading up on this great country.So if I could ever afford to get there that's the one country on top of my list to visit. What's the one place you want to see ?
Our friends moved there 8 years ago, had never been before and they have no plans to come back. Some of the photos I have seen are stunning, a bit like Scotland on a bigger scale with slightly better weather and geysers thrown in for good measure. They are on the south island about 10 miles from Christchurch so were there for the earthquake, they are still trying to rebuild and are desperate for people in the building trade which unfortunately I am not. I think if I went I wouldn't come back.

So many places I'd love to go if I had the money or could convince the wife to go travelling for a year or 2, not sure what we'd do with our son though!!! I'd love to go to Russia, China, India, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore etc, Argentina to see the glaciers and of course Iceland.

Nick

Administrator

My wife says the same. She saw it and wants to go there one day. It did look a great place!

Otis

Yep, Australia has never appealed to me, but would jump at the chance to visit New Zealand.

Also would like to go to Hawaii and Switzerland and Scandinavia.

Never been to Spain, or Greece or Turkey, but they have never appealed to me.

Think one day I would like to go on a cruise and see a few places.

Anyone been on a cruise? If so, would you recommend them?

robbieray

Yep, Australia has never appealed to me, but would jump at the chance to visit New Zealand.

Been on a fjords cruise to Norway lovely scenery

bringbackrattles

My wife says the same. She saw it and wants to go there one day. It did look a great place!
Bet it was the same programme ! I've done some hiking in Scotland and both countries are similar. As an outdoor lover New Zealand appeals to me,and I'm like Otis I reckon as Spain and countries like that don't attract me,as hot weather etc isn't for me,I prefer cooler climates.

oldmangroom

I've lived and worked out in NZ, got married there and consider myself an honorary Kiwi. Biased I know, but I genuinely believe it's the greatest country in the world. This may sound overdoing it, but the images you'll have seen on that programme would still not do the place justice.
I'd actually love to go to North Korea - fascinated by the place!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I've lived and worked out in NZ, got married there and consider myself an honorary Kiwi. Biased I know, but I genuinely believe it's the greatest country in the world. This may sound overdoing it, but the images you'll have seen on that programme would still not do the place justice.

Nice man. Sounds really lovely!

Where do you reckon would be good to go in NZ, on say a two week visit? I want to head over at some point, but haven't a clue where to start!

bringbackrattles

As I'm a rugby fan it must be some country to have the greatest ever Union teams in the All Blacks !

olderskyblue

Been on a few cruises, and enjoyed them all. For me, it's one of the most relaxing breaks you can get.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Where do you reckon would be good to go in NZ, on say a two week visit? I want to head over at some point, but haven't a clue where to start!

I was in New Zealand in 2010 place is unbelievable was out there for 6 weeks visiting my cousin who had moved to Auckland which is a funny old place very spread out & I didn't feel had a capital city feel couple of main roads in the centre, Viaduct has some cracking bars I actually landed the day that night they were playing Slovakia in the football World Cup and they drew place went mental 90th min equaliser perfect start.

Travelled around a bit can't remember all the names but so so scenic went to the South Island met my other cousin who was travelling spent 10 days in Queenstown for the winter festival unreal time great people scenery probably the best 10 day spell of my life!

So definitely a piece of my heart is still in NZ & to be honest I was 20 up for going out partying etc probably didn't appreciate the country scenery as much & maybe should have done more travelling the amazing 2 islands!

Gazolba

New Zealand, Iceland and Sweden/Denmark are top of my list, in no particular order. I tried to immigrate to New Zealand once but they have a points system and I did not have enough points to qualify. They are very selective.

Gazolba

Columbia,
And just get fuckin on it like mad style for a week or three
Unfortunately, the thing that irks Colombians more than anything else is people who cannot spell the name of their country!

Last edited:

Gazolba

<snip>

<snip>
Hawaii is not a country. It's a state of the USA. So you would be visiting the USA.

oldmangroom

I'll start by saying 2 weeks wouldn't get you very far, 3 at minimum and even then you'll miss a lot. South Island is for scenery, north for towns. Central Otago/Westland on the south is utterly beautiful - Queenstown is everything you've ever heard it is! Happy to help further if you do go!

Otis

Hawaii is not a country. It's a state of the USA. So you would be visiting the USA.
Yes, I know that, smart arse ;) but Hawaii is quite different to the other states of the US and my understanding is that it does have that feel of a quite separate country in many aspects.

Grendel

Has Tony gone to live in New Zealand yet?

Terry Gibson's perm

New Zealand appeals as s place I have never been, Australia has no appeal to me a there must be some Australians left there and I couldn't be bothered with them.

I always say when I win the lottery I will live in Seattle and my wife wants live in San Fran so perfect.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

New Zealand appeals as s place I have never been, Australia has no appeal to me a there must be some Australians left there and I couldn't be bothered with them.

I always say when I win the lottery I will live in Seattle and my wife wants live in San Fran so perfect.

Go middle ground and live in Portland then.

One of the nicest cities I've been to in the US.

LastGarrison

Seriously I want to visit every country that I have never been to and if I won the lottery that would be my aim!!

Top of the list currently though is:

Peru
Bolivia
Brazil
Colombia
Argentina
New Zealand
Fiji
Croatia
Rwanda
Korea (both North and South)

Gazolba