A Few Points (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Sheepy

1. We are not in admin (and unless SISU count their losses and call it quits, it will not be this 'easy way out' people keep mentioning.)
  2. The transfer window hasn't opened yet officially - which is probably why we haven't heard anything - after all no contracted player is officially ours until then.
  3. We actually have a quite good team - might not be the largest but we have players like Clingan, Juke and even if they were to leave (god forbid), we still have people like McSheffrey, Bell (who's been reborn under new management), Baker and a cracking defence (I can't see Hussey going as he's not really well known enough to attract the attention to match his skill), Keogh, McPake, Turner, Cranie etc.
  4. We have a manager who knows how to pick players and plays people to their strengths; Thorns ability for picking players has (IMO) been undermined by the managers who used them (a la playing Bell as a winger).
Even if a few players do go, and we don't sign that many, we've still got enough to look forward to and be positive about. For Christ if I read another article about Cov being screwed my eyes are going to melt.

Rant over :slap:

Glenn Storer

1. We are not in admin (and unless SISU count their losses and call it quits, it will not be this 'easy way out' people keep mentioning.)
  2. The transfer window hasn't opened yet officially - which is probably why we haven't heard anything - after all no contracted player is officially ours until then.
  3. We actually have a quite good team - might not be the largest but we have players like Clingan, Juke and even if they were to leave (god forbid), we still have people like McSheffrey, Bell (who's been reborn under new management), Baker and a cracking defence (I can't see Hussey going as he's not really well known enough to attract the attention to match his skill), Keogh, McPake, Turner, Cranie etc.
  4. We have a manager who knows how to pick players and plays people to their strengths; Thorns ability for picking players has (IMO) been undermined by the managers who used them (a la playing Bell as a winger).
Even if a few players do go, and we don't sign that many, we've still got enough to look forward to and be positive about. For Christ if I read another article about Cov being screwed my eyes are going to melt.

Finally some sense :D

skybluejelly

have to agree...

if you look at the rest of the league,,not many clubs signing players,,ipswich excluded but i think they are just spending money they hope to get for wickham,birmingham have signed a few but supposedly moneybags leicester have only signed a league one player:D

ccfctommy

The transfer window isn't open yet? That means nothing. Westwood has signed for Sunderland last week, but he is still a Coventry player til July 1st when Sunderland take over his contract. Most of our signings anyway will probably be free agents and you can sign those near enough any time of the year.

dazzled2u

If the players are free agents such as Murphy they can sign now but if it involves a transfer fee it won't go through until the tranfer window opens again.

On the bright side at least its stopping more players leaving :facepalm:

LastGarrison

I have to disagree that we have quite a good side. This is the team that got us to the heady heights of 18th in the table.

And we've now lost arguably our best three players. Without some new, quality players, I think we are going to struggle.

skybluesteve76

Well said that man!! All this panic is getting rather boring now. Let's just sit back and see what happens.
Just one small point, players only sign pre contract agreements before July 1st...there is no way CCFC would advertise any player we have signed before that date...Fingers burnt by MK?!

Paxman II

Excellent post!

stevo_ccfc

Things aren't all bad other than the so called big three we've kept our promising young players, Clarke, Cameron and it appears Thomas (so far) will all be in the squad next season

And I trust that thorn will find us a gem

pusbccfc

look at the players that have been our best in the last few seasons
westwood: league 1
dann/fox: league 1
gunnarsson: icelandic league
keogh: league 1
clingan: i think was league 1 at the time when bought

and then you look at someone eastwood 1.2 mill for nothing

so young players from below may be good?

Ernie Machin

Hussey from non league too. Our best players have always come from the lower leagues, it's just getting the right ones.

pusbccfc

Hussey from non league too. Our best players have always come from the lower leagues, it's just getting the right ones.

yeah your right tbh, you could also say look at roy o'donovan and o'halloran and even platt who made no impact and were a waste of time and money

Users who are viewing this thread