A Power Nap (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Is it a sign of getting older but I've started to have a short kip in the afternoon after I've come in from working,about half hour on the settee ? It makes me feel refreshed though and just wondered do any on here do the same ? In the States they call it a power nap I think ?

Otis

Is it a sign of getting older but I've started to have a short kip in the afternoon after I've come in from working,about half hour on the settee ? It makes me feel refreshed though and just wondered do any on here do the same ? In the States they call it a power nap I think ?
John Fleck and David Bell have been having power naps in the afternoon for years.

skybluedan

I do like a power wank in the afternoon though

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Hate kipping in the afternoon. Always feel worse. I'd rather stay awake and maybe have a fairly early night, say, around midnight. Don't normally go to bed till 1 or 2am. Ooops! Forgot to add ........... I'm retired! :D

bringbackrattles

Hate kipping in the afternoon. Always feel worse. I'd rather stay awake and maybe have a fairly early night, say, around midnight. Don't normally go to bed till 1 or 2am. Ooops! Forgot to add ........... I'm retired! :D
Still window cleaning Houch at 62 where did I go wrong ? And my sister who's 64 is still a nurse and working too, but wouldn't mind retiring next year if I could afford to ? So I'm not power napping its that I'm knackered !

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Still window cleaning Houch at 62 where did I go wrong ? And my sister who's 64 is still a nurse and working too, but wouldn't mind retiring next year if I could afford to ? So I'm not power napping its that I'm knackered !
Got made redundant from Rolls Royce, Ansty in 2010. (Not a huge money package though, but enough to buy a new car etc) With my health record there was absolutely no chance of me getting another job so I checked with the government pension site and they told me that because I had always been in work and paid full stamp (at least 30 years worth) then I could retire if I wanted to, although I can't get my pension until I'm 65 (not long now!) Of course I had to think about it, but 2½ seconds later, I'd made my mind up!! Missus retired as well the same year (she was 60 at the time) so that's when we decided to uproot and move here. We live off wife's State pension, her private pension and my small private pension (from when I was on the buses). We have it topped up to a decent living amount with "Pension Credit". Check these things out Mate. It's well worth looking into.

Nick

Administrator
Fell asleep tonight about 7.30pm, woke up at half 9. In an absolute world of it, didn't know what day it was or if it was Thursday or what.

Gazolba

As I get older, I'm learning to listen to my body. It invariably tells me when it has had enough. That might mean I sit down and read for an hour, down an energy drink or take a nap. When you are younger, you can go from task to task with no recovery time but that gets harder and harder as you age. You have to learn to work smarter not harder.

Marty

I always have an hour in the afternoon, but I find that I'm sleeping less at night.

Covstu

Tend to do this after work particularly after a long trip home but generally find I get jumped on by my two girls so usually very short lived.

stupot07

I'd love to be able to have one. A) the Mrs nor the kids would let me and b) when have managed one I fell into a deep sleep then 10 times worse when I woke up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread