A prediction for CCFCs future if Sisu stay.... (1 Viewer)

OyJimmy

How unfair/ fair would you say this prediction of our future under Sisu's continued ownership is?

- Coventry fight hard and stay up this year thanks to Russel Slade managing to make some great finds in the transfer market.
- Slade starts to struggle as he's running out of obvious bargain buys and his requested for a bit more money are not listened to.
- Sisu sell a key player claiming we need the money to balance the books but some funds will be reinvested
- Gates drop as the club starts to struggle again
- some fans say stop blaming Sisu try boosting gates. Gates drop further as no one listens anymore
- After showing some fight Cov and occasionally going on a run building up some hope CCFC get relegated.
- Sisu blame the manager and sack Slade. Say stadium is too big and are looking into a ground share with Nuneaton.
- Gates drop to an average of 5000

Does that sound unrealistic or based on past experiences of Sisu is this our future? Give us a little hope then watch the club get into an even worse state?

Ian1779

More people taking the time to phone in to say they don't have time for the Sky Blues.

More people banging on about what a lovely job Wasps are doing.

Gosford Green

More people taking the time to phone in to say they don't have time for the Sky Blues.

More people banging on about what a lovely job Wasps are doing.

Unfortunately that's because Wasps are showing us all how to run a sports franchise and attract new fans.

Where as our owners are giving an object lesson in fan disengagement.

Jimmy Hill's Chin

All quite plausible based on the past 9 years experience. As soon as there is a chink of light at the end of the tunnel as there was under Robins and in the first half of last season, SISU decide not to back the manager and the dream dies. It's all about managing a slow decline into the nether regions of the footballing landscape.

Jimmy Hill's Chin

In answer to the thread title I suspect:

2016-17 - Relegation to League 2
2017-18 - Top half finish in League 2
2018-19 - Bottom half finish in League 2
2019-2020 - Relegation out of League 2
2020-2021 - SISU sell club. Top 6 finish in Blue Square
2021-2022 - Promotion back to League 2

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Premier League Winners 2022-23 and league cup winners
European Champions and F.A.Cup Winners 2023-24
...you wait and see. ;)

rupert_bear

I am deadly serious. Having got costs down sisu will hang around with us in this division or lower no way will they entertain the championship based on cost. They will continue selling youngsters but once that production line dries up they will up sticks and dump us, could be a few years yet. We need a Roman Avramovic who does have a son !!

Captain Dart

2017-18 £110,000 loss
2017-18 break even
2018-19 £250,000 profit
2019-20 £2,650,000 profit * Ryton sold
2020-21 £850,000 profit
2021-22 £550,000 profit
2022-23 £350,000 profit
2024-25 £666,000 profit
etc.. errr football what's that?

CovisGod

Or....

Slade works wonders in the transfer market and we stay up

After the fans unrest at the current situation SISU decide to give Slade a 3 year deal and a top of the division budget for next season whilst putting the season tickets down to a generous £200 a year to ensure more fans week on week.

Slade again with his contacts in the game and eye for a bargain signs a couple of decent frees and a couple of gems of loans.

We've won the league by March next year, the fans have started coming back in droves, there's a real buzz around the place and we start the following season in the Championship

With the money made from finishing that year just outside the Playoffs and dwindling crowds for Wasps SISU announce they're intentions to buy back the Ricoh

Then Prem, Top 6, Champions League, Biggest club in the world

This is what I have to tell myself day after day to stop me topping myself

Users who are viewing this thread