A Rare Success Story (1 Viewer)

Grendel

There has been a few items on old pubs and shops so I thought I'd remark on one pub that seems to have undergone a remarkable transformation.

The peeping Tom which I think is classed as Burton Green was a decaying dump for years. Normally when these pubs fail they just fail again.

It doesn't appear to be the case here though. It's been converted into some kind of American smokehouse themed bar and restaurant.

Every time I drove past it seemed busy. Well, the other week I took some work guests. It was packed and very atmospheric. The whole service package and theme is good and the place is unrecognisable. It's very meat orientated food but everyone said it was fantastic. It's premium priced but was full.

Incredible transformation really.

Martin84

It's a good value for money pub, decent food, decent drinks, good garden out back for kids which has table tennis, badminton set, cinema room for kids. Would recommend it

rondog1973

Me and the missus had the platter for 2. As the OP says, very American orientated as it easily feeds 4 and the staff know this as they are on stand by with a doggy bag!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Funnily enough I went there 2 weeks ago was looking forward to it for weeks!

Wasn't impressed at all.

May return one day for a milkshake but for a meal, no thanks.

Big let down personally but seems to be an absolute goldmine.

wingy

Ah my old stumping ground when I was a teen

Fond memories from the 70's and 80's
Will have to go check it out.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Also word to the wise if you go as a 2 book a table for 4 or 6.

I booked a table for 2 and basically had Janet & Pete on our laps. Uncomfortably close there was 4 tables of 2 within arm stretch of one another. If I wanted that much closeness with strangers I would have gone to Wagamamas.

Otis

I booked a table for 2 and basically had Janet & Pete on our laps. Uncomfortably close there was 4 tables of 2 within arm stretch of one another. If I wanted that much closeness with strangers I would have gone to Wagamamas.

That Janet and Pete get everywhere don't they! Have a reputation for it, the barstards, and for me it always tends to end up with Pete on my lap rather than Janet.

Culinary c**ts.

Pipehitterz

Tried it. Really didn't like it
Love my bbq type outlet eateries but if I'd score them all, I would put this one firmly at the bottom.
It's the harvester of smokehouses.

Sadly it's the only one of this style in Cov, it's a fair trot to find something close so I'm not surprised of it's popularity.
Think Norwich Football Fans, lots, not because Norwich are great, because no other team is nearby

olderskyblue

I ate at a pub like that recently, tables very close together. Guy next to me spent the evening slagging someone I knew off who worked at Jaguar, and I found out the guy was about to "be put on gardening leave". Not sure he knew that himself at the time.

Nick

Administrator
Still can't figure out where it is, is this over Canley way into the lanes by the station?

Grendel

Still can't figure out where it is, is this over Canley way into the lanes by the station?

No near tile hill station

Nick

Administrator
That's what I mean :) Down the end of charter ave and then left into the countryside?

Grendel

olderskyblue

Went for a meal at the Hickory Smokehouse (Peeping Tom) last Friday. Must say, I liked it.

I asked the waiter a question about the beef brisket, and he went and brought me a sample of it to taste. Ordered it, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Daughter loved it too. Atmosphere good, service very good, and food very nice.

I'd go again.

Users who are viewing this thread