A stroke of luck (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Was driving home tonight, and as I pulled away at some traffic lights, my driveshaft snapped. This happened outside a Kwik Fit garage that I had two tyres fitted yesterday, plus the "brother-in-law" works there. So I pushed it in, checked it on a ramp, and can leave it there until it's fixed.

Literally just drove up a dual carriageway at 70 MPH which also has severe road works going on at the minute. No breakdown cover, was thinking about it as I'm in Cov thursday, then it happened.

Best of a bad situation :)

What's your lucky stories?

Covkid1968#

Found a pack of Fosters on the train back from New Street today - one had been drank but the other 3 were enjoyed tonight. Thank you kind commuter......

Fosters not Stella.........best of a bad situation

Kingokings204

Here is my lucky story;

I went to watch Barcelona 10 years when they had Henry and Ronaldinho and Messi up front. I stopped over two nights and when on the Monday it was time to come home. We had a Monday night flight.

On Monday we killed time by visiting la rambla and what have you but then we were stuck in the town and no clue how to get to the airport. Time was ticking and we had very little money left between me and my mate. I asked a few people with my limited spanish how to get to the airport and no real luck but we ended up on a bus no clue if it was the right one or not. By this point we were resigned to missing the flight now which for a pair of 18 year olds that was daunting.

So here we are on this bus heading off anywhere. Not a clue. Night has set in. Panicking. Anyway I ask a young chap on the bus again in Spanish how to get to the airport and he just about understands thank god. The bus stops at a random stop and he says come with me in Spanish. We get off the bus and follow him. In the middle of no where and takes us down this back alley and we have suitcases on us and all our stuff. We are now quite scared obviously and we are making small talk between us in broken Spanish. By this point we accept anything could happen.

Out of fucking no where out pops up a tube station and he orders us two tickets from the stop to the Barcelona airport. One problem we had no money left bar a few euros and it was ten euros I think. So the Spanish lad paid for us and we gave him our gifts we got from the Barcelona store as a thank you. We could hardly believe it. What's going on.

We board a train after just two minutes of waiting. Unreal and it takes us right into the heart of Barcelona airport somehow and we ran our asses off and we were the last ones to check in by about 5 minutes to spare. We boarded the plane and came back to Birmingham. He didn't speak English met on a bus and took us to a tube station in a dodgy suburb and then paid for us to get to the airport never to be seen again.

Never forget it.

Users who are viewing this thread