A wild unsubstantiated theory (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueGuy

So here's a thought...

Imagine you are SISU. (I know, boohiss and all that) and you find your self in a possition where you have to sack the manager (Boothroid). Thorn comes in and impresses the fans, so you are under a lot of pressure to hire him as full time manager. Imagine what will happen to your already dodgy reputation if you don't! However, as a company you do not have faith in an untested "newbie" and do not expect him to do well. So you decide to "let him have a go" but do not give him the full financial backing you would have given someone else. The idea being that; if he does well, you can bring in some loans and spend at Christmas, but if he doesn't you'll have to sack him. (Better make sure he's not on a three year contract this time!) meaning that when you bring in the new guy he has the funds available to actually shape the team, and suddenly it looks like SISU have come over all heroic and dug deep to help save the club.

Pretty random thought I know but just the kind of thing that wizzes through my brain whilest I'm sitting on the bus on the way home from work.

Wasn't there supposed to be a similar transfer fund to last year?

SBG

So here's a thought...

Imagine you are SISU. (I know, boohiss and all that) and you find your self in a possition where you have to sack the manager (Boothroid). Thorn comes in and impresses the fans, so you are under a lot of pressure to hire him as full time manager. Imagine what will happen to your already dodgy reputation if you don't! However, as a company you do not have faith in an untested "newbie" and do not expect him to do well. So you decide to "let him have a go" but do not give him the full financial backing you would have given someone else. The idea being that; if he does well, you can bring in some loans and spend at Christmas, but if he doesn't you'll have to sack him. (Better make sure he's not on a three year contract this time!) meaning that when you bring in the new guy he has the funds available to actually shape the team, and suddenly it looks like SISU have come over all heroic and dug deep to help save the club.

Pretty random thought I know but just the kind of thing that wizzes through my brain whilest I'm sitting on the bus on the way home from work.

Wasn't there supposed to be a similar transfer fund to last year?

SBG

Could be...or it could be that SISU haven't got a clue what they are doing and don't have a pot to p1ss in....

PhilWasn'tBabb

Yeah it's an interesting idea, but I don't SISU have any interest what so ever with what the fans want.

Thorn got the job because he was cheap ... thats the only reason.... bet if i knocked on there do and said I would do it for free I'd have got the job..

sky blue john

Thorn got the job because he was cheap ... thats the only reason.... bet if i knocked on there do and said I would do it for free I'd have got the job..[/QUOTE]

Now we are in an alternate reality, totally sci fi lol.

Here's a theory...SISU unveil their masterplan in january....sell anyone who's worth any money...share the cash with their shareholders, and say 'Thanks, chaps, and we'll see you later.".

Just an idea, like...

Users who are viewing this thread