Abandoning the game today (1 Viewer)

harvey098

Morning! I have heard talk about people trying to abandon the game today. Does anyone know what punishments have been handed out in the past to other clubs that have done this? I'm sure Blackpool have previously?

skyblueelephant76

Suspended points deduction I think Blackpool got
Blackpool were fined and legal action was taken against the fans who would not leave the pitch. Anyone stupid enough to go on the pitch needs to remember that it's a criminal offence and could have repercussions for them. Going on because lots of people do is not a defence.

Nick

Administrator
Seen it mentioned a few times with people very quick to play it down and say nothing is happening.

PSB group did the same saying nothing was planned, I offered him a charity bet and he then did a U Turn.

Steve.B50

I am up for any protests but I am not aware of any such rumours.
Although I would take things close to the limit I cannot condone any sort of pitch invasion, its an automatic 3 year ban and up to £1,000 fine.
Blackpool have a suspended sentence of docked points hanging over there club if it happens again.
What ever we do it must be peaceful and not be illegal.

skybluebeduff

You've checked with 5,000 fans have you? Just comments I saw on Facebook under the "open letter to fans" post on the Facebook page
I'm always on the Facebook page and actively involved in some protests, all I know today is everyone is getting pissed instead and drowning their sorrows to this sorry season. Certain people on there try to tell people to get on the pitch e.c.t just so they can watch and film it, all mouth, no action. I wouldn't worry about today mate.

Steve.B50

Just remember those who are employed to keep you off the pitch are not our enemy they are just doing a job.
I would advise anyone who might be thinking of doing such a silly thing to think again, the club needs as many fans as possible and a 3 year ban (from every league ground) is not worth it.
Protest by all means but don't go on the pitch.

Mcbean

Someone just got fined for the Northampton incursion , criminal record for life - no brainer - there will be no player parade if abandoned Have a night out in Coventry and get drowned prepare for next season - would be good if we didn't finish bottom PUSB

Warwickhunt

They will get a criminal record! Which will effect their life choices going forward especially applying for jobs and not declaring on the application about it. I know of two people who have been asked to leave their place of work because of this very fact in the last few years.

shy_tall_knight

Please no, I am as annoyed s anyone regarding our predicament but minus points increasing the risk of non-league, we need to be more clever, more focussed on our protests, I haven't got the answer but "yob behaviour" isn't the answer, Sheff Utd worked well but needs to be kept as a one-off

rupert_bear

Someone just got fined for the Northampton incursion , criminal record for life - no brainer - there will be no player parade if abandoned Have a night out in Coventry and get drowned prepare for next season - would be good if we didn't finish bottom PUSB
Protests should be directed at toxic Tim Fisher who will probably be in the directors box would love to see that stand sell out

Steve.B50

Not concerned about the criminal record or fine, its the banning order that would get to me.
Just not worth it.

rob9872

What you don't want to be is one of a few and get the record/banning order. Get hundreds on there and you'll be ok.

wince

Completely the wrong game at the wrong time , you have to sometimes lose a battle to win the war ,First and maybe all the games at the Butts , put don't watse all your anger and energy this season , Save it for the Battles ahead

oscillatewildly

Just don't fucking turn up for the game! As protests go that's pretty graphic. I'll be going along to watch Coventry's premier sporting side this afternoon meeting old friends in a very pleasant atmosphere. It's not too late for you all to join me.

oucho

How many of those who ran on the pitch at the Sheffield United or Wycombe games were prosecuted ?

harvey098

Just don't fucking turn up for the game! As protests go that's pretty graphic. I'll be going along to watch Coventry's premier sporting side this afternoon meeting old friends in a very pleasant atmosphere. It's not too late for you all to join me.

I'm genuinely tempted, is there anything left to play for in their season though?

RegTheDonk

It will hurt the club not sisu. How many protests have there been, some on live tv, yet they still wont budge. Money talks not action with them. We need Hoff or whoevers investers to put up dosh and not be put off if the club may be peanilsed

letsallsingtogether

Well I wouldn't get the sack if I was to do it.
Then again I wouldn't do it so it makes no difference.
Like others on here I do anything, I have done most things but going on the pitch ect is not part of it.

Let's keep it load and merry for this last game let them know how we feel get on Tim and joys back......
PUSB

dadgad

I should think most magistrates will fully understand the match being abandoned after all the club has been by the cunts that own it and untouchable. What does any sane man expect?

theferret

Not concerned about a criminal record? Wow

If you are self-employed and job prospects are not affected, getting a criminal record for a very minor offence in the scheme of things, fighting for something you believe in, I don't think would bother some people. I'm not sure you'd be riddled with guilt afterwards. Don't 25% of the adult population have criminal records anyway? Always found that pretty shocking.

That said, I would urge everyone not to do it. On it's own, it will achieve nothing and for many (especially younger fans with their life ahead of them), getting a criminal record (no matter how trivial the offence) could have consequences. Cool heads needed.

torchomatic

I should think most magistrates will fully understand the match being abandoned after all the club has been by the cunts that own it and untouchable. What does any sane man expect?

How stupid. Breaking the law is breaking the law. "I know you murdered your wife but she was a nagger so I'll let you off."

oscillatewildly

I'm genuinely tempted, is there anything left to play for in their season though?
No. No possibility of promotion - that passed a long time ago tho also no chance of relegation. Just pride (maybe securing 4th spot) and (good) beer. They've had a decent season to be fair.

Users who are viewing this thread