Match Thread Accrington Stanley - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 14th Oct (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
I thought we had used that kit before, must have been the friendlies I'm thinking of.

Joy Division

I guess we have to give it an outing at some point this season to justify having it on sale. Currently I can only see us having to use the away kit for the Wycombe away game.

CCFC88

Anyone who wouldn't take a draw going into this needs their heads looking at, win you home games, draw away especially against those around you.

I'd take 5 from the next 3 games but would hope for 7.

Nick

Administrator
Anyone who wouldn't take a draw going into this needs their heads looking at, win you home games, draw away especially against those around you.

I'd take 5 from the next 3 games but would hope for 7.

As always depends on the circumstance.

I will be fuming if we are 2-0 up on 85 and end up drawing 2-2. Over the moon the other way round.

steve82

Looking at there stats and after winning there first 3 home games Colchester 3-1 Mansfield 2-1 and Carlise 3-0 they've since lost to Grimsby 1-2 drew 1-1 with Cheltenham and lost 0-2 to Luton last weekend.

Accy have scored 2 home goals in there last 3 games conceding 5 goals and taking 1 pt from 9 after taking maximum pts from the first 3 games scoring 8 goals conceding 2.

However in total Accrington have only failed to score once this season v Luton last weekend.

Billy Kee is there main danger man scoring 7 league goals (8 in all comps) scoring 3 at home and kayden Jackson has 6 in the league, 4 of his 6 been at home.

Accrington are no push overs and we're gonna need to score to get something here for sure.

Looks like we're gonna blow there season attendance figures too with just 2193 watching v luton with 587 Luton fans in attendance with around 1100/1400 regular accy fans

Nick

Administrator
Looking at there stats and after winning there first 3 home games Colchester 3-1 Mansfield 2-1 and Carlise 3-0 they've since lost to Grimsby 1-2 drew 1-1 with Cheltenham and lost 0-2 to Luton last weekend.

Accy have scored 2 home goals in there last 3 games conceding 5 goals and taking 1 pt from 9 after taking maximum pts from the first 3 games scoring 8 goals conceding 2.

However in total Accrington have only failed to score once this season v Luton last weekend.

Billy Kee is there main danger man scoring 7 league goals (8 in all comps) scoring 3 at home and kayden Jackson has 6 in the league, 4 of his 6 been at home.

Accrington are no push overs and we're gonna need to score to get something here for sure.

Looks like we're gonna blow there season attendance figures too with just 2193 watching v luton with 587 Luton fans in attendance with around 1100/1400 regular accy fans

I remember Billy Kee when he played for Burton and we played them in the cup. Looked a bit of a nuisance then, a bit James Collins like.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

We've drawn 2 games out of 12 sweetheart. Calm your tits.
I was responding to Gibbo post #14 where he said he would be happy with a 0-0 draw .
Well I wouldn't be happy at all , there's already a 5 point gap between us and Exeter ,
yeah that's right f**king Exeter ffs .
We've got to get out of Div 2 at the first attempt , so no, I won't calm my titis SWEETHEART !

Gint11

I agree with an earlier post. Either a 2-1 win or a 2-1 loss. Tight, scrappy game. The duck being the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrtrench

Most of the top clubs have tricky games this weekend: Luton have Stevenage; Exeter and Wycombe play each other as do Mansfield and Swindon. If we can win this one then we could jump in the league.

steve82

I remember Billy Kee when he played for Burton and we played them in the cup. Looked a bit of a nuisance then, a bit James Collins like.

Hes not as tall as Collins but strong and stocky tho with a eye for goal. He's certainly a player not to underestimate and gets goals at this level.

Kingokings204

I am going to this game and I am looking forward to it. I expect a good game I don't know why. It's two of the better teams this division has and we need to not lose. A win is a bonus.

1-1

CCFC88

I was responding to Gibbo post #14 where he said he would be happy with a 0-0 draw .
Well I wouldn't be happy at all , there's already a 5 point gap between us and Exeter ,
yeah that's right f**king Exeter ffs .
We've got to get out of Div 2 at the first attempt , so no, I won't calm my titis SWEETHEART !
Crackers, there's 34 games to go and 1 point of automatics, chill Winstaaan

steve82

b883417004c616405a4a8e654e3c4c87.png

We kept Reuben Reid quiet for 90 mins and Jayden Stockley for 45 mins at the fortress but now we've gotta do the same with Kee and Jackson only this time away.

mechaishida

A tight win, possibly a 1-0, or a 2-0 if we're in 4th gear. Can't afford to switch off with those two up front for Accy, but I believe they'll be kept quiet.

2-0 City, unleash the Duck. PUSB.

steve82

Omens ain't good we're turning up in numbers and likely exceed the number of home fans in this one, we rarely perform when the SBA turn up in large numbers baring blips like 5-0 Crewe win.

Let's hope this weekends a blip and we put a good marker down by scouring a hat full on our travels making the journey back down the M6 a enjoyable one.

Bumberclart

Omens ain't good we're turning up in numbers and likely exceed the number of home fans in this one, we rarely perform when the SBA turn up in large numbers baring blips like 5-0 Crewe win.

Let's hope this weekends a blip and we put a good marker down by scouring a hat full on our travels making the journey back down the M6 a enjoyable one.

Lets hope for some vim and vigour from the team. We need consistency, not just flash in the pan results. :emoji_ok_hand::emoji_laughing:

steve82

Two changes for me with a difficult trip to accy. Vincenti in for DeKE purely as vincenti has that experience and know how to try and unlock these tricky games and hopefully can get another assist by putting one on Biamou's head in the box.
Top goalscorer Nazon obviously back in for McNulty who will drop to the bench in a game I feel we will need goals to get at least a point from.

---------------Burge----------------
Grimmer--Willis --McDonald--Stokes
---Vincenti--Doyle--Kelly--Jones---
---------Biamou----Nazon---------

Last edited:

Gaz

Going to be a tough game, really looking forward to the day out.
I’ll go for a 2-0 City win but would be happy with a point from this game

Users who are viewing this thread