ACL statement today apparently (3 Viewers)

DaleM

Kind of true though, isn't it?

To be honest no. ACL have offered numerous olive branches but SISU are playing games with them . The way SISU are doing business is maybe not illegal but IMO unethical. They may play hardball in their hedge fund business but this isn't a hedge fund. What they are doing is no good for CCFC and all they are going to do is keep us us on the downward spiral we are on.Their spokesman Fisher certainly hasn't and isn't going to listened to the fans. Look at the maths above and tell me if you disagree. IF they carry on with this plan to build a new ground , with all the pie revenue , they will be lucky to get 3000 fans at home because we WILL either be in League 2 by then or in the Conference.

Sick Boy

To be honest no. ACL have offered numerous olive branches but SISU are playing games with them . The way SISU are doing business is maybe not illegal but IMO unethical. They may play hardball in their hedge fund business but this isn't a hedge fund. What they are doing is no good for CCFC and all they are going to do is keep us us on the downward spiral we are on.Their spokesman Fisher certainly hasn't and isn't going to listened to the fans. Look at the maths above and tell me if you disagree. IF they carry on with this plan to build a new ground , with all the pie revenue , they will be lucky to get 3000 fans at home because we WILL either be in League 2 by then or in the Conference.

Yet the way ACL have behaved is perfectly acceptable to you? I repeat, if it was Hoffman using these same tactics, his demi-god status would change to a god status.

I know we seem to have the most ethical fans ever, but you are probably following the wrong sport if ethics are important to you.

DaleM

Yet the way ACL have behaved is perfectly acceptable to you? I repeat, if it was Hoffman using these same tactics, his demi-god status would change to a god status.

I know we seem to have the most ethical fans ever, but you are probably following the wrong sport if ethics are important to you.

Not IMO it wouldn't . What would you say a "fair" rent would be ?. Ethics should be important to everyone. They are what make society and most of the unethical ones usually end up behind bars. I don't think Hoffman and Elliot are the right people to take the club on. I think we need a fresh owner and all the old baggage swept out along with the losing mentality on the pitch.

James Smith

Agreed, the council have no right to be spending public money on stadium management companies, in fact, they don't have any business in running sports teams!

We'll see how good ACL really is when SISU are gone, this is just a petty protest against SISU, I can't imagine any substantial support for ACL, even if procedure was the same, if it weren't SISU negotiating! Club support has been confused over this saga.
I'm worried that there won't be a club left to support when SISU are gone.

cloughie

Considering that Grendel and I received a lot of abuse on here for going against the crowd and daring to criticise SISU's incompetence in appointing a manager. I think we have already aired our dissatisfaction with them.

i some times wonder if you are one and the same, not that KDuffy would use 2 user names, regardless, that was a football opinion about a manager a football issue

Thats ok then let sisu riuin this club and you can gloat with Grendel kduffy and the rest

Sick Boy

i some times wonder if you are one and the same, not that KDuffy would use 2 user names, regardless, that was a football opinion about a manager a football issue

Thats ok then let sisu riuin this club and you can gloat with Grendel kduffy and the rest

It is hardly gloating.

It summed up their disastrous tenure at the club so far, utterly clueless. Yet plenty let them get away with it so easy for too long.

Samo

Considering that Grendel and I received a lot of abuse on here for going against the crowd and daring to criticise SISU's incompetence in appointing a manager. I think we have already aired our dissatisfaction with them.

Ah Grendel and youself are such mavericks, such free thinkers. Never afraid to swim against the tide, individuals, not sheep like the rest of us!
We all get fucked over now and and again but it takes a really special brand of stupid to not even realise it's happening.

psgm1

Banned
Brilliant the most pro sisu posters trying to duke it out as to who is the most anti-sisu - priceless.

As for the assumption that ACL simply cannot survive without sisu - how many more times it is utter tosh!

Pitch turned into floorspace would bring an inordinate amount of revenue into the arena, it would bring a few more jobs also and would raise the profile, from being considered simply a home ground for a league one team!

If my figures are inaccurate, please feel free to amend accordingly.

As I understand it.....

105m x 68m which gives a floor space of 7,140m2. Last I was quoted the NEC charge 150m2. so as it stands with no alterations, replacing pitch with hardstanding and a roof, you get.....

7140 x 150 = £1,071,000 per event

Clearly there may well be more additional costs, and they might have to undercut NEC on price, but even if it is 1/2 of NEC, you are talking around £500k/event! Sisu think £400k/yr is unacceptable (at least they claim this in public - but they were happy to pay £1.2million for 3 years without protest!)

So if ACL were to maintain it as a football stadium, then sure they will lose out big time, however only a fool would think for a minute that if sisu get go ahead for building another football stadia that ACL will maintain a pitch!

Right now the Ricoh has sponsors like pubs, and day care centres and the uni. If it moved away from the football stadia concept, then it isn't too hard a sell to get major corporate sponsorship like Microsoft, or Barclays. With the best will in the world they can get more sponsorship from a bank than a butchers!

This is why sisu are hanging on to the club. Otherwise it simply makes no financial sense to fight for the club right now! Sure sisu won the battle but they most certainly haven't won the war. Does anyone even for a second think the business case for moving away stacks up? At all?

Assuming they can find land, around the edges of coventry, majority is green belt, with poor road infrasturcture. Any new stadium has to meet environemental criteria, and in the current climate I cannot see any government giving the green light to building new roads and the additional burden to the taxpayers just so sisu can get one over ACL!

So they are left as nomads. Eventually they will be forced to come back to the table with ACL. My guess, is sisu as past masters at playing chicken will let this go the wire. they will tough it out until ACL decide to do the logical thing and call to change the usage of the arena. Then sisu will come back, as that is the only viable alternative.

Of course there is another alternative. Now that the debts have been wiped (on paper), that nuclear option just cannot be used ever again. Which means the club is or at least should be solvent once out of administration.

This then could lead to someone coming in to buy out the club for what would be market values for a league 1 team with no debt, but also no ground. Still not exactly a great value club, but new owners would at least have a clear run at buying the stadium.

Maybe I am wrong, but I am right far more often than I am wrong. But hey let's see how this pans out!

mark82

A sensible post for once psgm1 and not a rant about the trust in sight. Agree with most of it (apart from the last sentence obviously). We can but wait and see what happens. CCFC playing at the Ricoh is the most sensible thing for all concerned, at least in the short term.

SonofErnie

Brilliant the most pro sisu posters trying to duke it out as to who is the most anti-sisu - priceless.

As for the assumption that ACL simply cannot survive without sisu - how many more times it is utter tosh!

Pitch turned into floorspace would bring an inordinate amount of revenue into the arena, it would bring a few more jobs also and would raise the profile, from being considered simply a home ground for a league one team!

As I understand it.....

105m x 68m which gives a floor space of 7,140m2. Last I was quoted the NEC charge 150m2. so as it stands with no alterations, replacing pitch with hardstanding and a roof, you get.....

Clearly there may well be more additional costs, and they might have to undercut NEC on price, but even if it is 1/2 of NEC, you are talking around £500k/event! Sisu think £400k/yr is unacceptable (at least they claim this in public - but they were happy to pay £1.2million for 3 years without protest!)

So if ACL were to maintain it as a football stadium, then sure they will lose out big time, however only a fool would think for a minute that if sisu get go ahead for building another football stadia that ACL will maintain a pitch!

Right now the Ricoh has sponsors like pubs, and day care centres and the uni. If it moved away from the football stadia concept, then it isn't too hard a sell to get major corporate sponsorship like Microsoft, or Barclays. With the best will in the world they can get more sponsorship from a bank than a butchers!

This is why sisu are hanging on to the club. Otherwise it simply makes no financial sense to fight for the club right now! Sure sisu won the battle but they most certainly haven't won the war. Does anyone even for a second think the business case for moving away stacks up? At all?

Assuming they can find land, around the edges of coventry, majority is green belt, with poor road infrasturcture. Any new stadium has to meet environemental criteria, and in the current climate I cannot see any government giving the green light to building new roads and the additional burden to the taxpayers just so sisu can get one over ACL!

So they are left as nomads. Eventually they will be forced to come back to the table with ACL. My guess, is sisu as past masters at playing chicken will let this go the wire. they will tough it out until ACL decide to do the logical thing and call to change the usage of the arena. Then sisu will come back, as that is the only viable alternative.

Of course there is another alternative. Now that the debts have been wiped (on paper), that nuclear option just cannot be used ever again. Which means the club is or at least should be solvent once out of administration.

This then could lead to someone coming in to buy out the club for what would be market values for a league 1 team with no debt, but also no ground. Still not exactly a great value club, but new owners would at least have a clear run at buying the stadium.

Maybe I am wrong, but I am right far more often than I am wrong. But hey let's see how this pans out!

The debts haven't been wiped, they have merely been transferred from one SISU entity to another!

Last edited:

Flying Fokker

The debts haven't been wiped, they have merely been transferred from one SISU entity to another!

There will be a charge against the club on all this debt they have built up. Well that's my view.

But,
Psgm1 post hits the points pretty well .

mattylad

As I understand it.....

ridiculous post...the NEC has world class air and rail links, car parking for umpteen thousand, a shuttle bus infrastructure on site, logistics companies on site, a several hundred strong team of event organisers and coordinators and thoushands of hotel beds near by. To bring the Ricoh up to that level would need total redevelopment of the current sute including knocking down tescos and using the unused land at a cost of well over 100 million. Where is that in your sums? and even then you still have to compete/market with the NEC that has direct rail from London and Manchester and flights from all over Europe. The final thing is do you think the NEC is fully booked day in day out? When the big shows are not on you are lucky if half of the halls are open and being used. Your figures would have the Ricoh bankrupt before the first event ever opened.

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

At the end of the day Sisu run the football club not ACL so this is all down to sisu if the rent was too high they agreed to it, if they never got the Bovril money they also agreed to this.
I hope ACL tell them to fuck off.
Acl has made a profit this year without the rent from Sisu they only need a few moe events to make it work better.
Yes I blame sisu for everything even getting made redundant in 2005.
or once PSGM1 is Right
SISU OUT
ACL RULE:p

torchomatic

Ha! These posts of yours always make me laugh, "just" do this and "just" do that and everything will be fine and the Ricoh will make a fortune....

<ding dong>
PWKH: Julie, someone's at the door, could you answer it?
Julie (his secretary): Sure. <opens door and looks at the two men standing there who hand her a card>

Murphy and Sons, Builders and Handymen, No Job Too Small

Murphy: Do you have any jobs that perhaps need doing?
Julie: Yes, actually we have. Peter?

Peter comes to the front door and looks at the card.

Peter: ACtually, yes we'd like a little work done.

He takes them through into the Arena.

Peter: So, we'd like this hard standing and perhaps a roof on the top. How much?

<Murphy exhales sharply>. Mmmm...big job this. Take a couple more blokes. Two grand?
Peter: Done. Can you do it this weekend? It's just that we want to get it finished so we can get some major corporate sponsorship from companies such as Barclays or Microsoft on Monday.

Murphy: Sure. See you Saturday morning.

PWKH closes the door

Murphy: Shit, did you hear that? 'Major sponsorhip'? We should have said two and a half.

As I understand it.....

Users who are viewing this thread