Actual New Signing Announced - Jack Grimmer (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Oh, and "right back".

Could be the Leicester fella, he also followed SBT yesterday ;)

oucho

Baker, Best, Baker-Richardson.........anyone else whose name begins with B?

Nick

Administrator
Matty Miles is a shout, as the account who signed up to say it seemed very specific. Grimmer was the other rumour.

Polar

Would we be signing a right back though? We have DKE and Willis to cover that side already right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator

Grimmer it is. There are no youtube videos for him apart from the fifa one.

He tried to be sly by going back and unfollowing and unliking things as well. :emoji_nerd:

fatso

DKE is young and inexperienced, and Willis is ...well Willis, he worries the shit out of me when he plays right back ..... or centre back for that matter.

Nick

Administrator
“This is an exciting signing, as Jack has both strong defensive and attacking elements to his game.

“Jack is strong, powerful, quick and has a winning mentality – all of which are important qualities to have.”

Nick

Administrator
I wonder if he will be first choice over DKE? He's played a few more games as well but will be interesting to see who Robins prefers there.

Polar

If it is Grimmer that's a great piece of business!

6'0, fairly quick, aggressive and confident going forward.

Similar rating to Jordan Clarke I believe but probably better than him!

Polar

I wonder if he will be first choice over DKE? He's played a few more games as well but will be interesting to see who Robins prefers there.

Yeah, certainly looks like Robins is bringing in options for different positions, with the intention of them competing for the shirt.

DKE will definitely compete too, he's a bit on the small side for L2 but punches above his weight in tackles.

SkyBlueCRJ

This is a shrewd bit of business by Robins as he seems more than capable at this level. Good getting up the pitch which will only help our forwards. Rumour has it that he was wanted by Charlton in May. Looks to get 1 or 2 goals in a season which is positive as if we're serious about promotion we'll need goals from every position; not just from ours forwards and midfield.

covcity4life

So thats left abd right full ba k sorted. Keeper sorted

1 cb needes unless he is happy with harries
1 cm needed
1 am needes
1 winger

4 more signings. About right with whwt robins has been saying

Rich

Who's responsible for his Wikipedia update then.

Once Mighty Coventry City. Cheeky Bugger

Nick

Administrator
I like that Robins seems to be seeing the same as everybody else as to what's needed. So used to seeing trialists come in in positions we don't really need while other positions are lacking.

Users who are viewing this thread