Adam Barton joins Portsmouth (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Good luck to him. Maybe dropping another division is what he needs in the form of both a confidence booster and a kick up the back side to perform well on a more consistent basis.

He did show glimpses of what he could do, just not half as much as he should have done. Flip side of that coin was that he spent a lot more time when on the pitch doing things no footballer should ever do.

Skyblueweeman

Mate of mine text me tonight asking about him. I said technically he looked 'okay' at times but pretty gangly and didn't like to get stuck in. Said they could've signed worse.

Good luck to the lad, I hope he does well.

Hobo

I think he is a good footballer, a little lightweight; but his head goes down too easily, for me that is his biggest weakness. But good luck to him.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Oh...and for what it's worth, please not Michael f*&king Doyle again please.

Thanks.

I thought the poster on here mentioned him as being the player lined up to play along side Barton at Pompey. Or was that just me reading it how I wanted? As I don't wish to hear (or even worse see it happen) Doyle returning here either ;)

Joy Division

maybe something to do with the so called football experts moaning at every pass and touch from the first whistle.

Probably because every pass and touch from the first whistle usually went to an opposition player

Joy Division

Doyle was hopeless at tackling. He'd run and shadow players but the notion he's a midfield hard man is a big myth.

Absolutely this ^

I still have nightmares about the Doyle and Hughes midfield partnership. Doyle is one of the most overated players in recent times.

Skyblueweeman

Absolutely this ^

I still have nightmares about the Doyle and Hughes midfield partnership. Doyle is one of the most overated players in recent times.

Bang on. Hughes and Doyle still give me nightmares. To be fair, what we've had since has collectively been toilet bar the odd one or two players but how they managed to stay as our preferred partnership in central midfield, still baffles me.

Users who are viewing this thread