Adam Johnson (1 Viewer)

Otis

Sunderland are still claiming they had know idea until he changed his plea to guilty at the last minute
Well this inspector was saying they were aware last year.

Last edited:

oakey

100% correct, but a slap on the wrist surely, 6 months , or maybe a suspended sentence would more fitting here?
No offence, mate but you need to join the rest of us in the 21st century.
The views you express are excusing a crime in all the usual ways.
He broke the law and will get his punishment. Given his age, fame, relationship status etc he deserves no sympathy. When he comes out he will still be a millionaire who can play football in Asia or somewhere where they don't care about his background. I hope his case serves as a lesson to a lot of rich young men who think they are above the law and standards of decency.

Otis

Well yes, he might well be able to play football in Asia, but his kid is here. As he and his partner are no longer together, I can't see her pulling up sticks and following him half way round the world and he would be a terrible father to just bugger off when he comes out.

I think 2 years is sufficient, but that he should serve the full 2 years. Then no football club should touch him because he is on the sex offenders register. Bit different this to King and others, as this offence was with a child and also a fan of the club he was playing for.

I am very confident the sex offenders thing will put all clubs off and he will be finished.

oakey

His partner could go to court to prevent him having access to their child and would be able to make a decent case as he is a convicted sex offender. I know someone who did this but didn't win only because the charges against her ex were dropped. However, her ex still has restricted access to their child. AJ will not see his child for some considerable time in all likelihood even when he is released.

oakey

I also know a chap who was sentenced to 12 months for an offence involving only webcam contact with an underage girl. He persuaded her to undress on camera I think but he was 19 and she was 15.
AJ will get at least 2 years, probably 4 or 5.

Otis

His partner could go to court to prevent him having access to their child and would be able to make a decent case as he is a convicted sex offender. I know someone who did this but didn't win only because the charges against her ex were dropped. However, her ex still has restricted access to their child. AJ will not see his child for some considerable time in all likelihood even when he is released.
Yes, tis possible, but he had already pleaded guilty to one charge of sexual contact pre-trial and she stood by him then, so she already knew he was guilty of some stuff anyway.

He's not a paedophile, so am guessing he will get some access to his daughter once he is out.

Wonder if she will let him see the child while he is in jail. That could be interesting.

Otis

Been reiterated that Sunderland were told last year that Johnson had admitted sexual activity with a child and were also shown 836 messages between the girl and the player.

It just doesn't wash this statement saying that they allowed him to continue to play because he insisted he was innocent.

Doesn't stack up at all. Hope the club get hung out to dry on this one.

Pipehitterz

No offence, mate but you need to join the rest of us in the 21st century.
The views you express are excusing a crime in all the usual ways.
He broke the law and will get his punishment. Given his age, fame, relationship status etc he deserves no sympathy. When he comes out he will still be a millionaire who can play football in Asia or somewhere where they don't care about his background. I hope his case serves as a lesson to a lot of rich young men who think they are above the law and standards of decency.

equally , no offence either, but you need to open your eyes to what actually happens in the world

your assumption that a 15 year old girl can be the innocent party is blinkered, a jury of 12 didnt believe a word of her story, he got not guilty verdict, and only got convicted of the crimes he admitted to, it says alot for the girl imo

and not once have i excused this man, hes an adult, and as an adult you need to show some self control

Otis

A survey says a third of children have had sex before the age of consent.

My daughter is 11 and says that many children talk about having sex and several have watched stuff like 50 Shades of Grey. That's at age 11!

I think at 15 children can be very sexually experienced for sure. That is in no way excusing Johnson for what he did of course.

lifeskyblue

I agree Otis. Children age (interns of growing up and maturity) at different ages. I have four daughters (now aged 21-30). One started her periods whilst at primary school and one not till she was 16. Their views of the world/boys/sex developed differently. One at least had their first sexual experience beforetheage of consent. My wife and I had a long chat with our daughter and the parents of the boy (it wasn't an older man). We encouraged all to carry condoms from the age of 16. We are quite liberal parents in many ways but would not have allowed them to watch a film like 50shades at a young age. We also knew where are daughters were (most of the time). We would certainly have been concerned if any of our girls had such an infatuation with a 'star' who she could actually meet.
Johnson deserves all he gets but I do think a sexually aware 15yr old and her parents must look at themselves honestly and realise they have some responsibility here too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Surely teachers and police officers should get treated more severely because of their standing in society. These ARE supposed to be the people we are supposed to put our trust in and be our mentors and role models etc. In positions of great responsibility.

chiefdave

What I find odd is why would you even take the risk? A PL footballer is not going to be short of willing partners yet you get people acting like Evans.

Same with Johnson, even if we're drawing a conclusion that he likes young girls there must be plenty of willing 16 year olds. Sure people would think it was a bit odd should it become public knowledge but he wouldn't be looking at prison and a destroyed career.

covmark

equally , no offence either, but you need to open your eyes to what actually happens in the world

your assumption that a 15 year old girl can be the innocent party is blinkered, a jury of 12 didnt believe a word of her story, he got not guilty verdict, and only got convicted of the crimes he admitted to, it says alot for the girl imo

and not once have i excused this man, hes an adult, and as an adult you need to show some self control
This is incorrect. He got found guilty of one charge, not guilty for another and pleaded guilty for 2 charges.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Otis

What I find odd is why would you even take the risk? A PL footballer is not going to be short of willing partners yet you get people acting like Evans.

Same with Johnson, even if we're drawing a conclusion that he likes young girls there must be plenty of willing 16 year olds. Sure people would think it was a bit odd should it become public knowledge but he wouldn't be looking at prison and a destroyed career.
I can only assume he didn't know she was 15 at first. She was hanging around and looking for autographs and you have to remember, she idolised him and he was her favourite player.

I would guess that he spotted her and was attracted to her and then they started communicating and at that point she told him she was 15. It was at that very point that he should have totally backed away and distanced himself.

He obviously didn't though and his lust kicked in and he just assumed then he would get away with it.

Seems to me he had ample opportunity to reflect and walk away. 836 text messages between the pair! And that's the bit that has me totally disbelieving the club's account of the tale.

Are they seriously trying to say that amongst those 836 messages they were shown by the police, not one of them had any suggestive sexual content or talk of what they wanted to do to and with each other?

Nick

Administrator
I can only assume he didn't know she was 15 at first. She was hanging around and looking for autographs and you have to remember, she idolised him and he was her favourite player.

I would guess that he spotted her and was attracted to her and then they started communicating and at that point she told him she was 15. It was at that very point that he should have totally backed away and distanced himself.

He obviously didn't though and his lust kicked in and he just assumed then he would get away with it.

Seems to me he had ample opportunity to reflect and walk away. 836 text messages between the pair! And that's the bit that has me totally disbelieving the club's account of the tale.

Are they seriously trying to say that amongst those 836 messages they were shown by the police, not one of them had any suggestive sexual content or talk of what they wanted to do to and with each other?

I thnk the Police have confirmed the woman at Sunderland knew.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35721975

Otis

They have confirmed that, yes. That's what I am saying, Nick.

The club knew, yet they are saying he was allowed to carry on because he was pleading innocence.

The club were told sexual contact had taken place and were shown 836 messages between the pair. Surely there was something in those messages that should have sent alarm bells off like crazy! The way the relationship was developing you have to conclude that included within those 836 messages were the ones read out in court expecting more than a kiss and stuff in his car with her and how it was 'class!'

Sunderland's stance just doesn't add up.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

He pleaded not guilty to two offences and was convicted of one, so how does that mean he only got convicted of the crimes he admitted to?

He clearly pleaded not guilty and was found guilty.

Nick

Administrator
Apparently she could sue him for a million - http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/adam-johnsons-teenage-victim-could-7492864

The lawyer, who works for one of Britain’s top civil claims companies, told the Express: “If there was potential of long-lasting psychological damage, it could be £1million.“If it is not a long-term issue, I still envisage a six-figure payout.”

They say the victim could sue Johnson for psychological damage and post-traumatic stress.

oakey

A 15 year old cannot give consent to sexual activity. She is a child.
In the eyes of the law she is an innocent victim...whatever she did he was the responsible adult and is guilty of grooming, kissing and one other sexual act, described as digital penetration in the papers. It also says she correctly described his shaved pubic area and his girlfriend confirmed her account.
It also said she was 14 when he first saw her waiting for an autograph, selfie etc.
Some people need to move on from seeing her as in any way guilty, she is not.

chiefdave

How in anyway is she guilty of anything? She was a child ffs

Do the courts make an assessment of an individuals capacity to give consent?

Age of consent is an interesting concept really in so far as its just an arbitrary number that was picked. There's no real science behind it. Just look at the range in different countries, Germany for example is 14, France is 15. Take Europe as a whole and 15 is the most common age. Move outside Europe and its all over the place ranges from 12 - 21.

Many countries have, or did until recently have, different ages of consent for heterosexuals and homosexuals.

Still, at the end of the day he knew the law and knew what he was doing - it is totally on him.

Gazolba

His punishment certainly seems out of proportion compared to Jimmy Saville.

stupot07

Jimmy saville was dead when the abuse came to light .. I don't know what punishment he could of got ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure they'd have found some way to give him life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Sick Boy

Do the courts make an assessment of an individuals capacity to give consent?

Age of consent is an interesting concept really in so far as its just an arbitrary number that was picked. There's no real science behind it. Just look at the range in different countries, Germany for example is 14, France is 15. Take Europe as a whole and 15 is the most common age. Move outside Europe and its all over the place ranges from 12 - 21.

Many countries have, or did until recently have, different ages of consent for heterosexuals and homosexuals.

Still, at the end of the day he knew the law and knew what he was doing - it is totally on him.

In a lot of those countries you will find that a 15 year old having sex with a 28 year old is actually not legal.

Sick Boy

oh most definitely nick, but this woman, if she is of a type , and we've all known one , shes just a little whorebag (if) then shes found i right tit to mes up his life, his whole life is gone at 30 years old, a bit fucking shocking thinking about it

chiefdave

His sister has tried to start up a Justice for Johnson campaign. Its gone about as well as you would imagine.

How can you have a campaign for justice for someone who pled guilty???

Users who are viewing this thread