Advantage - (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Think you will find that every player in the first team squad and any up and coming youngster will be given a run out before the end of the season which will give Robins the chance to decide who he is keeping and who is he is letting go - Results could get worse because of the chopping and changing trying these different players out - I believe he is already focused on next season and made that decision after last Saturday's game? not last night after probably realising things were worse than he thought
This could give us a big advantage on our new league two colleagues as we maybe able to hit the ground running early doors next season

Nick

Administrator
Surely their managers would have had all of league 2 with their players in actual league 2 so would be better than a manager having a month in league 1?

covboy1987

Surely their managers would have had all of league 2 with their players in actual league 2 so would be better than a manager having a month in league 1?
Majority of managers are still focused on the job and league in hand - Robins has rest of this season to doubly make sure who he is keeping and start re-building for our hopeful quick return up the leagues - (here's hoping)

skybluepm2

For me, the only ones capable of commanding a fee will probably be sold; Stevenson, Willis, Harries. Those remaining really aren't capable or worthy of a place at the club. This season has made that glaringly obvious.

Our annual turnover of players is normally excessive but I would hope that robins has the bollocks to oversee a complete overhaul. I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over a single player in that squad leaving us this summer. There are a couple in DKE and George Thomas who play with a bit of heart but do they possess the quality? I'm not so sure, even for league 2.

I just pray to the Lord that the likes of Burge and Tudgay aren't awarded with renewed deals.

skyblueelephant76

Think you will find that every player in the first team squad and any up and coming youngster will be given a run out before the end of the season which will give Robins the chance to decide who he is keeping and who is he is letting go - Results could get worse because of the chopping and changing trying these different players out - I believe he is already focused on next season and made that decision after last Saturday's game? not last night after probably realising things were worse than he thought
This could give us a big advantage on our new league two colleagues as we maybe able to hit the ground running early doors next season

Results could get worse?

duffer

If you've been a part of this squad at any point in this season, I don't think you could have any great complaint if you found yourself looking for a new club over the summer. Having said that, it's not the worst theory I've heard - making sure that everyone gets a go before the summer. The usual argument is that it's hard to step into a team fighting for survival and shine, which I guess is reasonable enough excepting that the fight's over!

Either way, we could certainly use a new defence and goalie that aren't suffering from PTSD. This season has been horrific.

Users who are viewing this thread