Afc coventry? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Much prefer EFC, Stoney Stanton Road!

To be honest, match day would be great as a team like that. Can of beer at the side of the pitch, take the dog down! :)

OyJimmy

How about Coventry Jaguars. AFC and united have been done before, but going with Jaguar makes us sound a bit different and it also has the benefit of gaining some possible financial backing from Jaguar...

gouldberg

Loving the idea, especially Americanising the name with another word after (a la Chicago Bulls/Coventry Blaze etc etc). Jaguar's nice. Green kit though?

If you're looking for a right-back/midfielder then give me a bell. My boots are on the shelf ready.

Covstu

How about Coventry Jaguars. AFC and united have been done before, but going with Jaguar makes us sound a bit different and it also has the benefit of gaining some possible financial backing from Jaguar...

Cracking idea Jimbo!!!

rob9872

I mentioned this idea on a thread here earlier today but I prefer yours. My franchise was for our current sponsors as Coventry City Link

redsox

Facebook User
calm down boys , it'll never work. I have a suspicion one or two of you might have an idea of how a club should run and that's not been tried in Coventry for a long time!! :whistle:

skyblu3sk

The Jaguar thing fell through under Ford and it was sponsorship of the whole arena. Also JLR were making a loss at that point.

Otis

As long as I still have my padded seat, tartan rug and flask of Ovaltine I don't care where we play.

TommyAtkins

AFC Coventry (or whatever name) will not be Coventry City Football Club, in the same way AFC Wimbledon is not the old Wimbledon.

If Coventry City Football Club ceases to exist, I won't follow another soccer team

DazzleTommyDazzle

AFC Coventry (or whatever name) will not be Coventry City Football Club, in the same way AFC Wimbledon is not the old Wimbledon.

If Coventry City Football Club ceases to exist, I won't follow another soccer team

Legally you're of course quite right Tommy, but I bet that the AFC Wimbledon fans do see their club as the continuation of the old Wimbledon.

Similarly, my local team, Telford United, went bust a few years back but the fans seem to regard AFC Telford as the "same club".

Still, lets hope this remains a theoretical discussion from Cov's point of view.

Users who are viewing this thread