Match Thread AFC Wim'don v Coventry Match Thread - Tuesday 14th Feb (1 Viewer)

ecky

still in shock from last night. the silence amongst us after they scored spoke volumes. slade did take a lot of stick from fans justified imo but I do feel sorry for him. he's a nice guy but not upto the job. he even started a song for the fans but I'm interested in him concentrating on the pitch. he reminds me of andy thorn.

on a positive note, I was home for half 12. Journey was a breeze on the way back :)
Twins aren't they?

oucho

It felt like a defeat when we walked out of the ground last night. Looking back with 12+ hours to reflect, I feel that the team deserve a lot of credit for last night. We so nearly pulled off a surprise win, after our rotten run.

Anyone who says they're not motivated should have seen the reaction of the players when they raced over to us after the goal - they were absolutely buzzing. They have clearly been told to hump it long when given the chance, and that tactic nearly did work last night.

Wasn't happy with Slade's formation, but the individual performances were mostly quite encouraging. DKE and Turnbull justified their recalls, although the feeling was that Haynes was a bit hard-done-by to drop out. Kwame looked a real handful at times but he was wasted on the left. Reilly had a decent game too, and Jones is absolutely screaming to start games now, especially if he has Yak to run off. On this basis, I feel confident that we'll be able to win a few before the end of the season.

Covstu

I think we need to be resigned for league two and ensure we can sustain a squad to battle for promotion the following year. Personally I would look for a younger manager who wants to make a name for himself to try and put us back on the map. There is nowt we can do about changing the squad but we need a major boost in morale to take into the next season so we are not at a standing start.

steve82

so anyone who says different about slade isnt being honest?

hmmmmm

Didn't say that.... football is about opinions. We're all football managers on the side and all have the answers the correct team selection and formation...

I think from what people said and the commentary from the radio the players gave a good account of themselves but ultimately the frailties won threw, we the fans were scared it would happen so the players do too.

Grendel

The notion slade is out of his depth and some kind of pub manager is idiotic

I've never really looked at his record but it's pretty good. Over 800 games as a manager and close to 4 wins in 10. May end as a catastrophe here but it's nonsense to call him unqualified.

steve82

most feedback i have seen was negative

On here but the few that went said they seen the team fight on a poor pitch. We were relying on cwr's take on the game.
Ultimately it was not a pretty watch but what you'd expect from a shared non league pitch.

covcity4life

On here but the few that went said they seen the team fight on a poor pitch. We were relying on cwr's take on the game.
Ultimately it was not a pretty watch but what you'd expect from a shared non league pitch.

i know 2 people who went. they said it was crap . dont twist things to fit your agenda trump

Ended up paying £68 for 2 to watch that horror show of a game last night because Wimbledon hadn't received my tickets so had to pay again. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm sure trying to claim it back from the shambles of a club or ticketmaster or whoever it bloody is these days!! - is going to be fun :)

Hobo

so anyone who says different about slade isnt being honest?

hmmmmm
League tables over the season don't lie. We are 11 points adrift from safety or four wins that others can't find by the end of the season. No sign of it happening. Performances normally improve several games before results improve. No sign of it happening.

Look at how many games we have lost in the last 5 minutes. It happens for a reason. We have not been good enough. Just like the top teams win games in the last five minutes. It's not because they get lucky, it is because they are good enough.

covcity4life

but the season did lie last season when people wanted to put down 8th place lol

cant have it both ways.

but iagree table does lie.we havnt had a manager since september and it tells.

Grendel

why are you such a c**t?

Your constant stupid attempts at point scoring is boring. It also trivialises a situation which for many is a depressing experience.

We clearly have had a manager. Slade is a manager whose game record over his years as a manager is better than many managers we have had.

You are not capable of engagement in any debate. The irony is you keep saying mowbrays brand of football was so superior but it never got you to attend much did it? What was it? Holidays? Cousins not going anymore so can't go on my own?

I don't care what it was but you seem to be revelling in a situation that's as bad as it gets and trying to point score without a single constructive argument against the many stats and arguments that are chucked your way.

At least the likes of LAST and BHSB show genuine affinity to the club.

With you it's all just a bit of a giggle.

Remind me, whose the c**t?

covcity4life

boringggggggg

your a dick pal. any thread you come in and you want to argue. if someone says the skys blue you will throw out caveats to say it aint.

or sometimes you make these melo dramatic threads in the hope everyone will like or it will just kick off.

you are a negative miserable person and not many people like you on here. me? im a dick. im immature. i argue alot. but im a loveable rouge. people think of me as an anti hero like stone cold steve austin or wolverine, basically im very cool!

mowbrays football got me going to 15 games last season. is that not alot?

this season i saw very little of his team because i was on holiday(p.s just booked another holiday for august this year so beware) and then after seen a few of venuses but i have said publically on this forum i can understand why people stop going. i have found myself wanting to withold money from sisu more this year like many other posters. force an end game perhaps. and yeah i dont go to many games on my own, but i have been to a few this year and with my cousin now living in london there will be more.

i am not revelling in any situation. its just now you realise i was right and it really pisses you off. you dont give 2 shits about ccfc,you just want to further your "character" on this forum every day. and it keeps backfiring on you like last night lol.

im sorry richard. but the c**t is you. im just a dick. really we should fit well.....

Grendel

boringggggggg

your a dick pal. any thread you come in and you want to argue. if someone says the skys blue you will throw out caveats to say it aint.

or sometimes you make these melo dramatic threads in the hope everyone will like or it will just kick off.

you are a negative miserable person and not many people like you on here. me? im a dick. im immature. i argue alot. but im a loveable rouge. people think of me as an anti hero like stone cold steve austin or wolverine, basically im very cool!

mowbrays football got me going to 15 games last season. is that not alot?

this season i saw very little of his team because i was on holiday(p.s just booked another holiday for august this year so beware) and then after seen a few of venuses but i have said publically on this forum i can understand why people stop going. i have found myself wanting to withold money from sisu more this year like many other posters. force an end game perhaps. and yeah i dont go to many games on my own, but i have been to a few this year and with my cousin now living in london there will be more.

i am not revelling in any situation. its just now you realise i was right and it really pisses you off. you dont give 2 shits about ccfc,you just want to further your "character" on this forum every day. and it keeps backfiring on you like last night lol.

im sorry richard. but the c**t is you. im just a dick. really we should fit well.....

So you start the thread saying I'm a dick and end up saying you are.

I'll let the rest of the forum decide on your ultimate status - loveable rogue or boring imbecilic non-entity.

Let's leave that to everyone else to decide shall we?

covcity4life

do what you want man, its a internet forum fatty. get some real friends

your so slow. yeh im fucking wolverine ahahahah

ecky

I've never really looked at his record but it's pretty good. Over 800 games as a manager and close to 4 wins in 10. May end as a catastrophe here but it's nonsense to call him unqualified.
So who's your favourite Thorn or Slade?

The Lurker

I couldnt care about his record before us. I'm concerned about his record for the club I spend my hard earned coin on. he has been a disaster and is another andy thorn. why are you sticking up for him? 9 league games and not a win.

steve82

I think in all honesty we'd all hoped RS would have the new manager bounce and that would kick start it. It's not a guaranteed thing to get, not all managers experience it if ultimately the players cannot do the job that there league demands. RS falls into this category on this occasion, just like Gary Caldwell at Chesterfield.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

alot of young players are from this new generation who love pogba on istagram etc and siljky skills

so there are 2 issues

1)they can be pansies and need to man up to lower league football
2)they are gonna rightly have no respect for hoofball and not attempting to play football

if we can find a manager who is a disciplinary but also plays with tactics we could get best out of them. we dont wanna get rid of young players after all. but mid 20s defintley the way to go in future
QUOTE : pansies and need to man up : you should practice what you PREACH ! :emoji_thinking:

Covstu

agree dude but how many other so called 'qualified' managers have failed at this club. something wider than just the man in charge is wrong in my opinion

Evo1883

I was here tonight , I actually watched Slade demand Jones and yakubu come back and defend in the 88th minute.
The man is responsible for his own downfall so far here , far too negative and sits far too deep when we go ahead .
Looked better for most parts after the subs , but Slade IS a very negative manager and it's costing us points .
Bolton , posh and now Wimbledon ...6 points

And the football is FUCKING SHITE
This is why I'm grateful for what we have today, I remember this match well.. The Famous fingers up what's the score gesture to fans...

God how far we've come lol

4 years

ccfc92

Covering all bases 🤣🤣🤣

Users who are viewing this thread