Aidy Boothroyd (1 Viewer)

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Sky are prety reliable,got to be something in it.It'l be like watching Wimbledon next season if he gets job.I'd rather have Paul Hart than him.I hate his interviews aswell.When Ranson said that all current backroom staff will be kept on we would'nt get anyone decent.Just checked out some of the reaction from Colchester fans and there excited by the news he might be leaving. Purely shocking.

Last edited by a moderator:

RytonCalum

Remember how Alan Irvine was the bookies favourite last week! Surely we're not getting Boothroyd or we might as well have kept Coleman.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

It says on one site that a compensation fee has already been agreed with Colchester,we are actually going to pay for him:eek::eek:.Ranson just wants a yes man,and he's gonna have one,i bet Cotterill turned the job down.Wake me up from this nightmare.

covsteve

It says on one site that a compensation fee has already been agreed with Colchester,we are actually going to pay for him:eek::eek:.Ranson just wants a yes man,and he's gonna have one,i bet Cotterill turned the job down.Wake me up from this nightmare.
Cotterill did turn it down

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Getting more embarrising by the minute.I take it that Mowbray is'nt even in the running,to expensive!!!!!

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Can't believe Cotterill turned it down.As i said Ranson wants a yes man whos gonna work with the staff he picks,fair play to Cotterill.Boothroyd will say yes to everything Ranson says.Bet you he can't believe his luck.Dread to think who we go for if he turns it down.

RytonCalum

Embarrassing is the word i'd use!
When Coleman was sacked i thought it had to happen to get an exiciting manager to bring the fans back. But how is Boothroyd going to do that!? Where has the array of high quality candidates Ranson was talking about gone? I do hope we're not working down our 'shortlist' in descending order!

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Theres only 5 days left on early bird offer,hurry everybody lol !!!

Dingogotthebaby

Boothroyd is a better coach than Coleman, but he is still short of the mark. Mowbray would bring attacking football, but as it's been said before, Tony wants his own people plus money to spend. I'm glad Cotterill hasn't signed, as he's no better than Coleman. Still think Mowbray or Gannon would be best for the job. Though why Ranson doesn't just appoint himself I don't know.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Im not big on bringing in Mowbray,i know WBA played exciting,flowing and attacking football,but i don't think we have got the players who can do that or the finances to bring people in who can.But there's surely alot better than Boothroyd out there.Go after Dennis Wise now.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

I don't think he'd want big money,but i agree on his own staff,but then again who would'nt,maybe Hart,Gregory,and Boothroyd to name a few.

I'm just so glad i waited to see who we had in charge before i purchased a season ticket and the news of this clown in charge has cemented that next season will be the first time in 17 years without a season ticket for me. The club can talk about progress but instead of going forward we haven't even stagnated we're moving backwards and for the first time i can remember i'm genuinly embarrassed to be a cov fan.I feel sorry for the fans who have already purchased one i really do, also it seems it's to late to start some kind of petition as rumour has it their is a 2:00pm press conferance comfirming his appointment! :(

Such a sad say for CCFC!

Nick

Administrator
I don't think people should boo him or slag him off before he starts though. I mean the guy needs to be given a chance to show what he can do.

If after a while he is shocking then of course he can be slated.

Skybluerhys

THis is shocking behaviour to our new manager, he hasnt even been appointed yet and people are slagging him off and saying they wont renwe

Fing disgracful, call yourself a CCFC, i think not

Give the man a chance, he got watford promoted and play offs in 4 years!

He may play long ball, but 90% of our league play that type of football!

Signings he makes will be key ,with Mcsheffrey and James Beattie both linked!

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Ill give him a chance lets see who he signs first, then im giving him 6 games as ye all know if you dont make a good start in this league its can alot of the times be very difficult to get away from the relegation battle.

hsccfc

Can't believe the reaction to this, lets just be thankful it wasn't Paul Hart! And to the long ball comments we played better and scored more goals when Leon best was winning headers straight from Westwood, although i don't like route one football at all.

Anyway i'm pleased to have him as manager and look forward to see who he signs, especially if some of the rumours are true!

WFC4EVER

Well there are mixed few on him still from our fans.

Aidy did get us promoted in his first season and ofcourse no-body seemed to mind playing "hoofball" then...

Unfortunatly we went up and spent rather badly both in the Premiership and when we came back down.

Now that wasn't all his fault as there were directors allowing him to spend big bucks.

Ofcourse I am sure Aidy will be on Sky a lot as he likes a quote or two!

Last edited:

im-confused

I don't think the guy has been given a fair chance yet. He took up Watford, and almost took up Colchester - who had next to no money to spend. I think we should see what he does before we can slag him off. Afterall, every manager has to start somewhere.

RytonCalum

Despite being very underwhelmed by this appointment, we've got to give him a chance. I would have liked Mowbray, but do we really have the players for a pretty passing game? Clingans about the only one who can pass. Boothroyd has done well with no money in the past, and got a struggling club out of this league, so you can see Ransons train of thought. He has to do pretty well pretty soon though or we're going to see the attendances diminish even more.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
First and foremost why are people slagging off Boothroyd before even giving him a chance?? The guy has a decent record, he promoted Watford via the play-offs, albeit they did get relegated but made the play-offs again the following season. Let's look at some facts - why do we think Aidy isn't good enough for us? Last time I checked we have finished 19th, 17th and 21st in recent seasons and before that we haven't set the league on fire either so I think some people need to understand that we are a mid-table side AT BEST as it stands and we don't have money to chuck around without putting ourselves in danger. A lot of you wanted Mowbray but face it - he didn't want to come to us his agent only put that story out so that any other interested clubs would show some interest. Aidy WANTS to be here and that to me is better then someone who doesn't want to be here and is just looking for a few paycheques before clearing off elsewhere. Aidy wants to be here to build and be here for the long term and he won't need to totally change the whole squad which Mowbray would want to do, throwing precious resources down the drain.

So who is Boothroyd? Never made it big in his football playing career (but neither did Mourinho or Wenger) and was injured at the age of 26 which finished his playing career prematurely. From the age of 26 he has then focused on coaching and sports science / psychology so despite being 39 he has a lot of experience and a lot of time to learn more. I respect him for the fact that he has made his way in football from the very bottom to the top by working hard and proving himself (compared to say managers who have made it thanks to their surname and bloodline - Nigel Clough and Darren Ferguson for example). Criticized at Watford for his direct style of play - although I'm pretty sure they weren't moaning when they were at Wembley in the play-off final and something tells me the Stoke fans aren't moaning at Pulis for his direct style of play after winning this league and becoming a force to be reckoned with in the Prem.

So we now have 2 choices.. we can sit here and moan and spit our dummies out which gets us nowhere and gives us a bad atmosphere, lower attendances and players that don't want to be here OR we can get behind our new manager and team for a potentially new era for the sky blues. Ranson is a good businessman with a football background I'm sure he has made the right choice.

Oh and for those that decide to stay at home and moan please don't f*cking turn up if we draw one of the big 4 teams at home in the Cup.

Aidy Boothroyd's Sky Blue Army!!

:welcome:

skyblueprincess

Ha knew it ..... All them fickle fans who called for Coleman head , now spitting their dummies ... wishing they hadn't ... The ball has not even been kicked and they all moaning,Aidy Boothroyd deserves a chance, and we should be giving him that instead of moaning like a bunch of old ladies who just laddered their tights ... Ok i'm not 100% convinced by Ransons choice of manager but i'm not gonna take a negative view.. some people are never satisfied...

Aidy Boothroyd's Sky Blue Army!!

smileycov

Facebook User
well put Andy, we all dreamed of mourinho or such but it was never gonna happen. he seems like he cares, good, he has done well at watford and colchester, good he wants to be here, good......stop moaning start supporting, turn up and after 5/6 games we can judge.
The future is still bright.

PUSB

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
I'm not sure we should even judge after 5/6 games! Lets just give Boothroyd our support, and keep our fingers crossed!!

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread