Alan Hutton (1 Viewer)

ccfchoi87

released by villa today, his son plays for our academy, a better option than foley perhaps? Although it seems the foley deal was completed today. Hutton played 25+ times in the premiership last year

steve82

I'm sure he'd still get offers from a championship side like Rotherham, Wigan and Burton

skyblueelephant76

Okay 'told they can leave' I just thought it meant the same to be honest
He's got 6 months left on his contract and will still be on Premier League wages - even if he did go on a free now he won't be signing for a League One club. He is also currently their first choice right back.

Gaz71

released by villa today, his son plays for our academy, a better option than foley perhaps? Although it seems the foley deal was completed today. Hutton played 25+ times in the premiership last year

Thought that was him I keep seeing at the Alan Higgs.

trevelfarandwide

Too old and hasn't played at a lower level, unlike Foley. Seems injury prone and stale, so no, I'd plump for Foley myself and I believe RS will see the same.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Too old and hasn't played at a lower level, unlike Foley. Seems injury prone and stale, so no, I'd plump for Foley myself and I believe RS will see the same.
'And hasn't played at a lower level' - what is this supposed to mean exactly? I never understand this. Yeah he's only played in the Premier League, La Liga, Championship and SPL, there is absolutely NO way he has what it takes to play in the mighty, super physical, whole new sport world of League One football.

For what it's worth, there's no way he would come here.

trevelfarandwide

'And hasn't played at a lower level' - what is this supposed to mean exactly? I never understand this. Yeah he's only played in the Premier League, La Liga, Championship and SPL, there is absolutely NO way he has what it takes to play in the mighty, super physical, whole new sport world of League One football.

For what it's worth, there's no way he would come here.

It means exactly what I stated, what is unclear? There is a gulf of difference in the tempo, physicality, tactics and overall style of play in the lower leagues, is this not correct?

Your sarcasm and outrage seem quite exaggerated at such a clearly-stated opinion as the one I posted. Hutton is a crock and is reaching the end of his career, most likely, so pardon me for saying that he isn't the type of player we're looking for, in my opinion.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

It means exactly what I stated, what is unclear? There is a gulf of difference in the tempo, physicality, tactics and overall style of play in the lower leagues, is this not correct?
Well, no. No it's not... People don't just all of a sudden get promoted and go 'Oh shit, we're in the Championship... hmm let's be less physical'. All the good teams from our league end up in the Championship, that's how the football league works. So those players in that league are better than our league, this whole 'League One is the most physical league ever' is utter nonsense. All these poncey Championship and Premier League weaklings to a fantastic job of absolutely hammering us when they come up against us (barring a very occasional exception which I know you will bring up). I take on board the point of someone like Ruben Lameiras might be better suited to the Championship than League One but this is few and far between. Look at Oztumer for example, 5ft 3 and deals with this *GULF* of tempo and physicality. Without question Hutton could deal with the bodybuilding strength of League One. As I said before, he wouldn't come here, if he did he would be a bigger asset than Foley, not that I am particularly gutted we are 'missing out' on him.

trevelfarandwide

Well, no. No it's not... People don't just all of a sudden get promoted and go 'Oh shit, we're in the Championship... hmm let's be less physical'. All the good teams from our league end up in the Championship, that's how the football league works. So those players in that league are better than our league, this whole 'League One is the most physical league ever' is utter nonsense. All these poncey Championship and Premier League weaklings to a fantastic job of absolutely hammering us when they come up against us (barring a very occasional exception which I know you will bring up). I take on board the point of someone like Ruben Lameiras might be better suited to the Championship than League One but this is few and far between. Look at Oztumer for example, 5ft 3 and deals with this *GULF* of tempo and physicality. Without question Hutton could deal with the bodybuilding strength of League One. As I said before, he wouldn't come here, if he did he would be a bigger asset than Foley, not that I am particularly gutted we are 'missing out' on him.

That's your opinion. Mine is different. Let's not get uppity over something so trivial, hmm?

I will not bring anything up, or counter your remarks, because someone wants a bite. Your opinion is noted, the end. :)

1966skyblue

Whenever I have unfortunately seen Villa on TV he looks terrible.

The Reverend Skyblue

Whenever I have unfortunately seen Villa on TV he looks terrible.
I can confirm fred your eyesight is perfectly fine and I can confirm that he is indeed truely terrible. I would go as far as say one of the five worst players i've ever seen play premiership football.
Now no need to keep that appointment at specsavers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread