Alexander Stadium (1 Viewer)

mark82

Wonder if Alexander Stadium in Birmingham has been considered by SISU. 12,700 seating capacity. Right on the Motorway. Closer than Walsall & Rushden. Wouldnt have another club to worry about in terms of home game scheduling. Only issue is it has a running track (other than being outside Coventry, obviously).

Just got me thinking as Rotherham used the Don Valley Stadium.

Note: this in no way means I support this ludicrous plan, neither would I be likely to go.

Last edited:

Stevearcade

Living near Brighton, went to the Withdean a couple of times to watch Coventry batter Brighton. Not a nice ground at all. You really couldn't see what was happening at the opposite end of the pitch. Really exposed in cold, wet weather too. Not nice.

Grew up in Handsworth in Birmingham, not far from the Alexander Stadium, had a few school sports meets there. If memory serves, it's nicer than the Withdean, but I wouldn't fancy it as temporary home for a few years. That said it would be better than nothing.

Stevearcade

Living near Brighton, went to the Withdean a couple of times to watch Coventry batter Brighton. Not a nice ground at all. You really couldn't see what was happening at the opposite end of the pitch. Really exposed in cold, wet weather too. Not nice.

Grew up in Handsworth in Birmingham, not far from the Alexander Stadium, had a few school sports meets there. If memory serves, it's nicer than the Withdean, but I wouldn't fancy it as temporary home for a few years. That said it would be better than nothing.

It would be the best option if we left the city. No other club to worry about churning up the pitch, its relatively easily accesible for CCFC fans as its close to the motorway and not far from the city, plus its about the right size, we rarely get over 12,000 fans anymore. I in no way agree witht he proposal of a new stadium or taking the club out of our city and i will not be attending any home games next season unless SISU are gone and CCFC play in its home city, but it could be the best case senario if The Rat's insane and evil schemes come to fruition

Users who are viewing this thread