All gone abit quiet..... (1 Viewer)

Nathccfc

Since the transfer window has opened City have signed quite a few players, and i must admit i was surprised with a few of them, they werent the usual linked players like Harewood, Phillips and all the others, (however Macca was an exception).. it seems to have gone a bit quiet over the last couple of days over transfers and team news, maybe this is good news ?!? Who knows?

Signing players who are not as known to us as the ones mentioned could be a good thing, the players signed don't have a high expectation to live up to, and its their chance to shine, look at Dann and Fox they shone at the club and got pouched by a larger club (Which i hated, and Fox hasn't really moved on as much as Dann). Someone in the club must be doing something right to scout these players, lets just hope the players we have signed from the lower leagues are just as successful with the fans as Dann and Fox were, however i just hope we can turn away the big clubs if they do come looking. (Like we have with Keiren).

What worries me really is that from what ive read, is that Westwood hasn't signed a new contract yet, if i was Ranson then i would make he the highest player at the club, for the extra thousand we give him, he could save us millions, a number of times he has saved us from a defeat, or kept using hanging onto a 1-0 win. I just hope this is the next news to come through the door other than City signing someone new, is the news that Westy has signed a new contract.

I have got to say though that i 'think' his wife is pregnant so maybe this could be slowing down the process of him signing a contract, but i do hope this is the reason and not him rejecting what we have offered.

I don't actually even know if Ranson has offered Westy a contract? Does anyone know?

Just a few of my thoughts
:)

PUSB

Nick

Administrator
I have noticed that with some of our signings they just appear from nowhere. I know with Keogh, O'Halloran and Platt I just saw an article announced on the Official Website out of nowhere that we had signed them which I think is better as when we were after Andrew Driver the whole world knew about it.

I can't see us signing anybody else before the Pompey game unless maybe Lauren who we had on trial but I don't think he if gets fit and signs we would need many other players and people like Platt and Eastwood should be given a chance before we sign somebody on high wages and might be a flop.

Hopefully Westwood will sign, he has just had a baby I think which could either mean he is settled around here with his family or that he wants to move to get more money for the babie's trust fund.

Nathccfc

Don't really know much about Laurant, but a few people have said he was an exciting player, with pace to burn.. i was browsing the southend board, and a couple of them couldnt believe he was on the bench for us, they said his final ball lets him down, and hes like Bambie running on ice lol!..

But i don't know, maybe he could be another hidden gem. yet to be uncovered..

I do hope Westy has settled here with his family now :) and signs a new contract as soon as possible, the longer we leave it the closer it gets to January, does his contract have a year left or is it longer?

Sky Blue Luke

Yeh, nothing even on COVMAD for most of this summers signings.

I've heard no new rumours since King got released.

Nick

Administrator
Don't really know much about Laurant, but a few people have said he was an exciting player, with pace to burn.. i was browsing the southend board, and a couple of them couldnt believe he was on the bench for us, they said his final ball lets him down, and hes like Bambie running on ice lol!..

But i don't know, maybe he could be another hidden gem. yet to be uncovered..

Yeah, he was all legs when he ran. He was quite funny to watch but quite exciting too, he did put a couple of tackles in.

Since the transfer window has opened City have signed quite a few players, and i must admit i was surprised with a few of them, they werent the usual linked players like Harewood, Phillips and all the others, (however Macca was an exception).. it seems to have gone a bit quiet over the last couple of days over transfers and team news, maybe this is good news ?!? Who knows?

To be fair, much of the 'speculation' about Phillips, etc, comes from a certain poster on a certain forum, and is most likely bullshit.

Anyway, I do prefer the stealth approach, as it means that we're not just inviting other clubs to come in with higher bids and trump us for a player that we really, really wanted- last season, we got Clingan and McIndoe after the negotiations being kept fairly secret.

The only consistent rumour now is Marlon King joining, but I would hope we get some other players in before Saturday!

CovInEssex

Everytime it hits the 'airwaves' we're looking to sign a player it falls through, look at Driver and (that Burnley striker, can't think of his name), although we did get Eastwood.

I much prefer it covert, so to speak. ;p

Users who are viewing this thread