All loans have gone back (1 Viewer)

robbiekeane

thank the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sterry was good, but i'd back Slade to get someone better and I'm really excited about this window now

dongonzalos

Slades not scared to make a decision.
They were not his loans and they have hardly improved us.
Only McCann did.
Sterry and page no better than Phillips stokes Haynes and DKE.
I get the page loan originally due to stokes injury but not needed now.
Also Willis and Reilly can cover RB so Sterry is not needed either.
Hear 4 loans are coming Slade types

Otis

Bit of a worry for me. To lose 5 players just like that could prove disruptive.

Slade I think has enough on his plate trying to bring signings in without having to replace loans.

Was really hoping Sterry would have been extended for the season and Page for another month until Stokes was back.

Captain Dart

New year, new team. Slade anyway seems to know what he wants and his decisions so far have been good.
I agree with Earlsdon It is about time this club recruited some brutish Div 3 type players who won't be bullied.
In fact City have tended to have a smaller slighter team for some years, that doesn't work, especially in the winter months on heavy pitches.

torchomatic

Slade I think has enough on his plate trying to bring signings in without having to replace loans.

Was really hoping Sterry would have been extended for the season and Page for another month until Stokes was back.

Not too concerned. Three came in yesterday without it affecting the team. We don't have a game for another week, so plenty of time for them to settle in.

Nick

Administrator

We only had Sterry yesterday anyway involved.

Mcbean

Not too concerned. Three game in yesterday without it affecting the team. We don't have a game for another week, so plenty of time for them to settle in.

Agree - three in seamlessly - it was only the bringing on of Rueben when i thought the game was up - if Slades extras do the same as the three we are in good company

torchomatic

All loans? Including McCann or is he here til later in January? McBean gone too?

McCann went after Peterborough and yes McBean back to LA.

Captain Dart

All loans? Including McCann or is he here til later in January? McBean gone too?
None of them have deals beyond mid Jan, so unless we hear a loan extension announcement soon they're gone.

Otis

Yeah, I agree. Don't mean all 5 to stay, but that to lose all 5 in one go.

It would ONLY be Sterry and Page I would keep.

AndreasB

Yes, we wouldn't want to disrupt the team that has just got 2 points out of 27.

bawtryneal

Not seen or heard that Sterry confirmed yet. I had understood he was here until Jan 17th
Nothing on the Offal other than Agyei.
My brother was at Ryton this morning and no talk of Sterry having left.

Liquid Gold

Oh no, I hope we don't disrupt a team floundering at the bottom of league 1

AFCCOVENTRY

I guess another 4 loans to come in and maybe if Harries and Stevenson go the. 2-3 cheap perm signings on frees or little cash.

covcity4life

I really don't think he was. I think he is a good player at this but I also think they are both good at this level as well. Especially DKE for his tenaciousness and desire

phillips was dog shite. i am better than him

dke is fast but too small imo. bit like jordan clarke. see ball bouncing cause him all sorts of problems

hill83

phillips was dog shite. i am better than him

dke is fast but too small imo. bit like jordan clarke. see ball bouncing cause him all sorts of problems

I've played football with you many times. I'll say no more.

robbiethemole

surely use Willis (if he stays ) at rb get a bit of confidence from Clarke inside him, likewise Turnbull, good to have an old head in the centre. He looked the part yesterday and was bossing the game, tbh we looked compact and solid whish hasn't happened for a while.

Gosford Green

Get rid of them all bar Stevenson, Sordell* and Willis.

We are bottom for a reason, and it's not all down to whistles.

*now hyperthetical but I'd have kept him, potentially a decent pairing with Beavon.

Users who are viewing this thread