All-purpose tennis thread (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Nadal through to the SF, looking likely another Nadal v Djokovic final. I’m hoping someone different for a change.

Some real concern about his fitness it was experience that got him over against a mediocre opponent. Let’s hope he has enough to beat the man who thinks it’s ok to slap women around on Friday

no_loyalty

Some real concern about his fitness it was experience that got him over against a mediocre opponent. Let’s hope he has enough to beat the man who thinks it’s ok to slap women around on Friday

Nadal has withdrawn due to his injury.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I hope Kyrgios doesn't win. I wanted to put a bet on him to be outright winner and my account on bet365 wasn't working (laws are really funny aboard). VPN wouldn't work either and in the end I gave up. That was a few rounds ago. If he goes on to win it I'll be fuming.

stay_up_skyblues

Seems a bit unfair getting a bye to final. Would it not make more sense for one of the losers from the last round to step in? Perhaps the best performing based on some stats/data along the lines of goal difference in footy?

A semi final must take it out of you so Norrie or Djokovic already at a disadvantage in the final. I’m sure it’s the rule and there is precedent but…

no_loyalty

Seems a bit unfair getting a bye to final. Would it not make more sense for one of the losers from the last round to step in? Perhaps the best performing based on some stats/data along the lines of goal difference in footy?

A semi final must take it out of you so Norrie or Djokovic already at a disadvantage in the final. I’m sure it’s the rule and there is precedent but…

Good shout, the player who lost to Nadal in the QF would be the best option but I guess he may already be back in the states?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

After some really superb tennis he’s now resorted to ranting and raving at the officials, crowd and his own family. He is a twat.
An absolute bellend. Worse than McEnroe was with this childish behaviour and nowhere near as good a player And to compound matters he wears his hat the wrong way round with the peak up.

Last edited:

no_loyalty

That comment he just made about the woman in the dress was funny.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

He clearly isn't responsible for any mistakes he is making in this match. Everyone else is.

Covkid1968#

Stopped watching it…. He’s an absolute cockhole

stupot07

Couldn't find a Wimbledon thread, anyone watch Murray last night?

Whatever the final result when the match resumes today, he was phenomenal last night, 36 years old, metal hip and all his injuries and the torrid time he's had, the turned the clock back 10 years with that performance.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Whatever the final result when the match resumes today, he was phenomenal last night, 36 years old, metal hip and all his injuries and the torrid time he's had, the turned the clock back 10 years with that performance.

He was phenomenal the standard was So so high

Hertsccfc

Certainly the best he has played since the operation. Only worry is whether that pain that he seemed to be suffering in the penultimate point means anything sinister. I hope not as he has been an amazing player.

stupot07

So unlucky for Murray. His serve just let him down in that 5th set, kept going til the end. Heroic effort.

shepardo01

So unlucky for Murray. His serve just let him down in that 5th set, kept going til the end. Heroic effort.

Would have won if they'd have continued last night. Had momentum, was serving really well and had Tsitsipas on the ropes.
Real shame.

stupot07

Ben Shelton has just hit a 143 mph second serve at Advantage to win the game.

Grendel

Well done to Coco Gauff - great performance and a great speech afterwards - what a star she’s going to be

Hertsccfc

What a brilliant comeback by Sinner, coming back from 2 sets down to beat Medvedev to win the Aussie Open.

Yes after a slow start was a really interesting game.

The Sinner v Alcaraz contest in the coming years should be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread