All things considered (1 Viewer)

lew

we have made 3 new signings, yet i havent heard anything about the players, when we signed kyle at least we knew he was a donkey, these 3 arent proven as good players and quite frankly im a bit sceptical as to how well they will play.

Nick

Administrator
That is because we don't know much about them. We didn't really know much about Fox and Dann when they first signed unless we all asked Walsall fans etc.

If it was another Championship player we all saw week in week out we would know about them.

Just need to give them a chance to prove them selves.

Peter Griffin

Some City fans always seem to look at the negatives of any new signing.

The Hibs fans spoke very highly of Beuzelin, he was pretty much the focus of everything they did last term. As for Westwood, well he won every award at the Carlisle United player awards, 6 in total, and was in the PFA League One team of the season. Gunnarsson has a bright future in front of him and is keen to make a name for himself, so all in all three good signings IMO, we just need to give them time to gel.

Dan

At this point in time I’m pleased. We haven’t broke the bank for the new signings, and they are young, and 2 come very highly rated, and I’m not too sure about the other.

Hopefully I’ll still be pleased in 12 months time :).

lew

hope im wrong butr i have the feeling they will flop... heres why.

Dimi kantspotalotofshots 23 clean sheets, best keeper in lge 1, young and ambitious

mifsud... great review lots of hype, started well, flopped now 9/10 ccfc fans want rid.

midfielders...do i need to comment?

ccfcks

god the season has not started jet or have we seen the new boys play and good old City fans at it again
the new signing will prove to be good buys
get behind the team
or are we looking for someone to blame you mention Kyle

jagman

Dimi kantspotalotofshots 23 clean sheets, best keeper in lge 1, young and ambitious

mifsud... great review lots of hype, started well, flopped now 9/10 ccfc fans want rid.

Sounds like the boo boys are getting ready.

Peter Griffin

You can hardly say Mifsud flopped, he was our top scorer last year and admittedly had a poor run after Christmas, but then so did the entire team. Mifsud is a quality player who has shown his ability to score in this division but was robbed of someone to play with for the second half of the season.
As for Dimi, yes the lad stuggled and maybe wasn't what we all thought he was but remember goalkeepers are creatures of confidence (I'm a goalkeeper myself) and know how badly a lack of confidence can affect a keeper-it can cripple them and sadly Dimi suffered badly from that. I feel for the lad as he's obviously had a real career set back in the last 12 months. It's rediculous to compare Westwood and Konstantopolous.

As for midfielders it's very easy to dismiss them, isn't it? Our midfield was poor, but you're forgetting the one gem from the middle last season, Jay Tabb. Tabby had a great season again and is for me, one of the first names on the City team sheet. Coleman is clearly aware that the midfield is a weak link, hence the signings of Gunnarsson and Beuzelin, two highly rated players who had attracted interest from other clubs.

It's bloody easy to be negative and moan about City, it seems to be something a lot of our supporters really enjoy! This is the first time in a long time that City have everything in place to do something so how about seeing the glass as half full for a change?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread