ALL TIME CCFC XI (since the late 80s) (1 Viewer)

KG7

Having a play at work and I came up with this:

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=6dy8v
attachment.php

Subs:
Chris Kirkland
Brian Borrows
Peter Atherton
David Speedie
Robbie Keane
Noel Whelan
Gordon Strachan

Have we ever had anything better than an average left back?!? Was tempted to put Borrows or Warnock there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-17 at 4.25.09 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-03-17 at 4.25.09 PM.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 1,543
Last edited:

Greggs

No Dion?? He could even play centre half on that team sheet!

Evo1883

I would consider putting mcallister , dublin in the starting 11 . hedman on the bench not kirkland .as a winger in a 442 id probably put darren huckerby in as i have been watching city since 89 .
Nillson is the best right back city have ever had .
But yes it depends on formation etc

ccfcway

---------------Oggy----------------
Nillson--Peake----Dann-----Babb
------------Chippo-----------------
-----McAllister----Robson--------
---Huckerby--------Keane-------
------------Dublin-----------------

Subs

Speedie
Gallacher
Robson
Westwood
Borrows
Ndlovu
Quinn
Boateng
Shaw
Thompson
Wise

Last edited:

Astute

Dennis Wise and Dion would be the first names on any team I would choose

Evo1883

---------------Oggy----------------
Nillson--Peake----Dann-----Babb
------------Chippo-----------------
-----McAllister----Robson--------
---Huckerby--------Keane-------
------------Dublin-----------------

Subs

Speedie
Gallacher
Robson
Westwood
Borrows
Ndlovu
Quinn
Boateng
Was scott dann better than richard shaw at his best ..im not so shaw i mean sure

LB87ccfc

Oggy,

Nillson, Dann, Peake, Frogott

Hadji, McAllister, Boateng, Ndlouv

Dublin Keane

Subs -

Westwood
Burrows
Chippo
Wise
Thompson
Wilson
Huckerby

Evo1883

Oggy,

Nillson, Dann, Peake, Frogott

Hadji, McAllister, Boateng, Ndlouv

Dublin Keane

Subs -

Westwood
Burrows
Chippo
Wise
Thompson
Wilson
Huckerby
Froggatt at left back . Just put huckerby right back and were well away ;)

Evo1883

It wouldnt go over my head if he wasnt a winger ..just joking its your team

Sky Blue Kid

I'm not nit picking, but it wouldn't be a "All time best team" There are players from the 60's and 70's that some of the named 80's onward team couldn't lace their boots. :)

Evo1883

To be fair .. and this is a good question ..how many of the 87 cup winning side would have gotten into the 97/98 prem side

Greggs

1.Breen, 2.Breen, 3.Breen, 4.Breen,5. Breen, 6.Breen, 7.Breen, 8.Breen, 9.Breen, 10.Breen, 11.Breen....

All together now! We all dream of a team.....

nicksig

Basically pick the team from 98/99: whelan, froggatt, boateng, Dublin, huckerby, salako, Nilsson and so on. And Hedman was great

KG7

Wilson...........and Dublin not even on the bench? I smell a wum.

It used to wind me up that everyone loved Dublin. This is how I remember him (97/98 aside)...

He would have a flurry of games where he'd dominate defenders and score a shit load of goals, then he'd be gash for the remainder of the season and barely win a header.

Same with McAllister, shit for a season, injured for a season and a half, class for a season, then he fucked off! (Interesting that our best season while he was here was when he was injured).

Keane was class for half a season and then went off the boil.

These are just my favourite players - Wilson is in because he was exciting and consistent over the course of the season - ie he had no dips in form. Same with Robson. I might even swap Nuddy with Whelan...

Burrows is about the best left back we've had that I can remember (I nearly went with Fox) - other than that it's been a dull position for us. If I was going 442 I'd drop Ndlovu and put Brian Borrows at left back!

stupot07

Oggy
Nilsson
Peake
Babb
Burrows

Whelen
Mccallister
Boateng
NdLovu

Dublin
Keane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Astute

Oggy
Nilsson
Peake
Babb
Burrows

Whelen
Mccallister
Boateng
NdLovu

Dublin
Whelen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Two Whelens but no room for Whelan? :whistle:

stupot07

Two Whelens but no room for Whelan? :whistle:

Well done, you spotted the deliberate mistake, your prize is in the post ;)

I meant Keane, I'm crap at multitasking!

shmmeee

Hmmm... Started watching properly in 1990 so no-one really from before then.

Oggy
Nilsson Borrows Peake Babb
Hadji Boateng Ndlovu
Huckerby Dublin Keane

S: Hedman, Atherton, McAllister, Gallagher, Whelan (5 subs because they were the best days)

skybluelee

It used to wind me up that everyone loved Dublin. This is how I remember him (97/98 aside)...

He would have a flurry of games where he'd dominate defenders and score a shit load of goals, then he'd be gash for the remainder of the season and barely win a header.

Same with McAllister, shit for a season, injured for a season and a half, class for a season, then he fucked off! (Interesting that our best season while he was here was when he was injured).

Keane was class for half a season and then went off the boil.

These are just my favourite players - Wilson is in because he was exciting and consistent over the course of the season - ie he had no dips in form. Same with Robson. I might even swap Nuddy with Whelan...

Burrows is about the best left back we've had that I can remember (I nearly went with Fox) - other than that it's been a dull position for us. If I was going 442 I'd drop Ndlovu and put Brian Borrows at left back!

Wilson scored his goals during one season in Divison 3. Dion scored 72 goals in something like 172 matches against PL defenders. How you can even try and make a case for Wilson over Dublin is frankly ridiculous.

Astute

Wilson scored his goals during one season in Divison 3. Dion scored 72 goals in something like 172 matches against PL defenders. How you can even try and make a case for Wilson over Dublin is frankly ridiculous.

And was also the best defender we had. Liverpool tried to sign him from us as a defender. We even played him as defender when we were short at the back.

Users who are viewing this thread