Allardyce: Is he the right man? (1 Viewer)

Sam Allardyce has been given permission (begrudgingly) by Sunderland to speak to the FA regarding the England managers job and has already had a meeting with David Gill, one of the men tasked with choosing Roy Hodgson's replacement. Big Sam is now the overwhelming favourite for the job, but what do we as England fans think about it? Is Sam Allardyce the right man to lead England?

ajsccfc

His team would never have lost to Iceland, but I'm not sure how much better than that they'd do. Still, he's quite adept at improving shit teams.

Captain Dart

Otis

Its happening, its no use being in denial.

Boo!!

We started trailing in the wake of the modern thinking international team many years back and it has taken quite a while for us to get to anywhere close since.

I fear Alladyce will take us back to how we used to be. I think we will be physically strong and work hard and fight for 90 mins, but I think we will be bypassed by all the high quality passing teams.

Really think we need a forward thinking manager, not one from yesteryear.

Johnnythespider

I'm going to say yes as I think he will shake things up

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Otis

So there is definitely no chance of a return to Europe then
Yup.

He must be part of our plan to remain independent and not get involved with any bloody foreigners.

Maybe we should just go back to the Home Internationals and give the Euro's and the World Cup a miss.

That's us giving them a miss before we embarrassingly get knocked out of course.

stupot07

Boo!!

We started trailing in the wake of the modern thinking international team many years back and it has taken quite a while for us to get to anywhere close since.

I fear Alladyce will take us back to how we used to be. I think we will be physically strong and work hard and fight for 90 mins, but I think we will be bypassed by all the high quality passing teams.

Really think we need a forward thinking manager, not one from yesteryear.
We get bypassed by the quality passing teams anyway. You need a plan, need to be organised and need to work as a team. We've completely lost that in trying to make ourselves into a pasijg European team. Germany aren't flashy, neither are Italy and they both consistently do well at major championships, portugal were nothing special but were well organised and hard to beat.

We need to find our identity again and stop trying to make ourselves into the latest fad. Leicester showed you don't have to be pass masters to win things.

He wouldn't be my first choice but given we've reached just 2 semi finals in 50 years I wouldn't see it as a gamble.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Monners

Yup.

He must be part of our plan to remain independent and not get involved with any bloody foreigners.

Maybe we should just go back to the Home Internationals and give the Euro's and the World Cup a miss.

That's us giving them a miss before we embarrassingly get knocked out of course.
But would there still be home internationals after the UK splits up? :wacky:

Grendel

All for home country managers would have either played for, or managed us (or both)

Otis

We get bypassed by the quality passing teams anyway. You need a plan, need to be organised and need to work as a team. We've completely lost that in trying to make ourselves into a pasijg European team. Germany aren't flashy, neither are Italy and they both consistently do well at major championships, portugal were nothing special but were well organised and hard to beat.

We need to find our identity again and stop trying to make ourselves into the latest fad. Leicester showed you don't have to be pass masters to win things.

He wouldn't be my first choice but given we've reached just 2 semi finals in 50 years I wouldn't see it as a gamble.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yeah, accept a lot of that, Stu, but certainly think Allardyce will take us backwards.

Does he have any experience of European football?

Otis

Oh well, whatever will be, will be.

At least I would now fancy our chances more against Scotland.

Gazolba

He is not the right man, which means he will be chosen. In four years time, we will ask, why on earth did we choose him?

Captain Dart

He is not the right man, which means he will be chosen. In four years time, we will ask, why on earth did we choose him?

4 years ago my gut feeling was that Hodgson was a big mistake, believe it or not this time I'm more optimistic.
Anyway, the FA doesn't appoint for success, it appoints to avoid controversy.

cornoccfc

Definitely the right man, the 5 quid I stuck on him after the Iceland defeat says so :joyful:

Biggest positive is that I don't think he'll be one to put square pegs in round holes,

Will hopefully pick teams on form and have a clear plan A and B.

xcraigx

I actually think this would be a decent appointment. We have some decent individuals but when they come together as a team the often look like they've never met. I think Sam is more than capable of putting a plan in place and getting them to play to it. I would also imagine he will be happy to play people who are in form rather than the usual faces irrespective of form / lack of match practise.

Users who are viewing this thread